Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2022, 5:18 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by theranj
At YVR DOM this morning...
  • Gentlemen in front of me asked about the showers - still closed until further notice - he was a bit irate about this...maybe he was recently in YUL and experienced it??
Hey, it ain't/wasn't me 😆😆
Wonder if my report back is bad news for some.

YUL Agents were reporting back shower literally came back online, first day as 5/26.
Old May 30, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Friday 20th May around 4 pm there were around 50-60 people lined up outside Int'l MLL in T1 waiting to get in.
Old May 30, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Originally Posted by karachi
Friday 20th May around 4 pm there were around 50-60 people lined up outside Int'l MLL in T1 waiting to get in.
Was that during the crazy windstorm that delayed/cancelled most flights? All this is assuming this was the YYZ lounge as you didn't mention the location in your post.
Old May 30, 2022, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Adventures in MLLsitting...

At YYZ Dom MLL recently...

I find an unoccupied table to sit at and take out my phone to make a hot food order... and as I'm selecting my item, a lounge attendant drops off food for me, which I hadn't ordered but was going to order anyway. I explained to the attendant that I didn't order these as I had just arrived, but I'll take them anyway and she gladly gave them to me.
So I didn't continue with my order and ate that food. After eating, I decided to order one item.
37 minutes after ordering, I had to leave, so I guess the next person got my food like I did.

The lounge was around 2/3 occupied at the time.

Pay it forward by ordering and then leaving because it takes too d@mn long to actually receive your order.
Old May 30, 2022, 3:19 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
yyznomad - that's hilarious.

Maybe we should all just find the top 3 dishes we collectively like and pledge to always order them on entry to the MLL. That way, at least some of us have a chance of getting what we want, when we want it.

Either that, or the app needs to support Book the Cook for the MLL.
yyznomad likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Originally Posted by c224488
Was that during the crazy windstorm that delayed/cancelled most flights? All this is assuming this was the YYZ lounge as you didn't mention the location in your post.
Sorry, yes YYZ. No that was 2 days before the storm.

BTW YYZ T1 transborder security plus US immigration took 10 minutes at noon today. no lineups. did not see lineups for the regular security line either. Transborder Lounge has buffet now. no more packaged stuff.

Last edited by karachi; May 31, 2022 at 10:56 am Reason: details
Old May 31, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
YYZ MLL lost power last night on 5/30/2022. They decided to close up the bar early too.
Old May 31, 2022, 4:35 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
05-31-22 @ 19:00, YUL Domestic is very near full capacity. I think I got one of 2 or 3 seats left and there were people standing waiting. I've honestly never seen it this busy ever, even before pandemic. I ended up sitting at a booth in what used to be the business centre with the only chair left in the room. Great to see that things are picking up though :-)
Old May 31, 2022, 4:39 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Originally Posted by YQMer
05-31-22 @ 19:00, YUL Domestic is very near full capacity. I think I got one of 2 or 3 seats left and there were people standing waiting. I've honestly never seen it this busy ever, even before pandemic. I ended up sitting at a booth in what used to be the business centre with the only chair left in the room. Great to see that things are picking up though :-)
Kind of crazy to imagine this is only the beginning of the increased travel. Can't imagine what it would be like once travel resumes fully.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 2:51 pm

At YYZ Int'l MLL. The buffet has no hot food (only crudites, some salads, cold turkey/veggie wraps).

I can order the following (the link in the wiki isn't working):

-Butternut squash ravioli
-Montreal meat sandwich
-Butter chicken
-Mac and cheese
-Chef park special (soup)

Dessert is still the same panna cotta.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 2:54 pm

Programs: hahaha
Having a hard time guessing from satellite images, so I thought it'd be faster to ask here:

What gates does the YVR Domestic MLL overlook? Have a client meeting next week and I want some trivia up my sleeve...
Old Jun 2, 2022, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by asovse1
Having a hard time guessing from satellite images, so I thought it'd be faster to ask here:

What gates does the YVR Domestic MLL overlook? Have a client meeting next week and I want some trivia up my sleeve...
C50
asovse1 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
YEG still has an attendant for the bar

According to her, the removal of that was not in the near future (but she works at the airport, so who knows)
Old Jun 3, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: AC*SE 100K
Originally Posted by lcohen999
YEG still has an attendant for the bar

According to her, the removal of that was not in the near future (but she works at the airport, so who knows)
I believe YEG will probably keep the attendant. I know they had one pre-COVID in the evenings anyways- you'd get quite a few guys going up to Fort Mac or whatever who would buy the lounge pass, then empty the bottle of Crown into an insulated water bottle or something. Saw it happen many times.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Tit, HH Silver, BW Gold, Avis President's Club
First visit to YOW MLL since the before times. It is about 3/4 full. There is no hot food and the beer taps are out of service. The bar is attended.

Does anyone know if the Aspire lounge across the corridor is any better?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.