Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: hahaha
Updating wiki for YYC lunch/dinner, also here for convenience

Both the sliders and pasta were a really generous portion size compared to the offerings at the other hubs, I definitely had to pause before trying to finish the meal. There are two massive spring rolls that come out from the kitchen rather than the one pictured, and speaking as a Vietnamese, they're really, really large spring rolls

Chef Hawksworth's is a butternut squash soup, Chef Ferrer's is a panna cotta. The Village Ice Cream is salted caramel

OT: this is the most compressed image I've ever uploaded onto imgur, they're really trying to push their subscription service
Short hair Francis likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 2:08 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I’m in the YYC lounge now. I received my soup in a porcelain bowl rather than a paper cup!
Old Apr 9, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Completely forgotten about the YUL Dom Breakfast visit I had from 2 weeks ago.
Yes was hungry and wanted to sleep on the flight.

Auxiliary Menu

Berry & Chia Yogurt Parfait

Fruit Cup

*The fruit cubes at YVR and LGA are definitely better tasting

Smoked Salmon Breakfast Sandwich

Western Omelette

Homestyle Sugar Donut

*WAY TOO SWEET!

Blueberry French Toast
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: AC 50K
Off to HNL on the 18th. YEG to YVR then HNL, since I'm passing by the International MLL, not sure what the success rate is, but I want to try to get in.
In J, 50K, and CC VIP.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 2:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YBang
Off to HNL on the 18th. YEG to YVR then HNL, since I'm passing by the International MLL, not sure what the success rate is, but I want to try to get in.
In J, 50K, and CC VIP.
I'm zero for many attempts as an SE in J.
Nitehawk likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:26 am

Programs: AC*SE 100K
Hey friends- I know it's technically not a Maple Leaf Lounge, but it's worth noting that the Arrivals Lounge at LHR is still closed as it is advertised on AC's website.

I was assured by a concierge in YYZ today it was open- and I have a 5 hour layover on a split ticket between AC and IcelandAir so I was looking forward to getting in there only to find it closed. Bummer. So now I have a few hours to kill before IcelandAir's check-ins are open- was really hoping for a shower though!

Edit with a happy ending: Ran into the concierge here in LHR and explained the situation. She and the MLL staff graciously allowed us into the MLL even though it's obviously not how it generally goes. Incredibly helpful and kind staff here in LHR. Will be bringing them a bag or two of Icelandic candy on my way back through (when I can access the lounge for real!).

Last edited by streetcircusdan; Apr 13, 2022 at 4:14 am
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Completely forgotten about the YUL Dom Breakfast visit I had from 2 weeks ago.

Smoked Salmon Breakfast Sandwich
How was this? I don't see any cream cheese?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:39 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I thought there was cream cheese in mine at YYC MLL. It is one of my favorite things to order for breakfast now.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
I thought there was cream cheese in mine at YYC MLL. It is one of my favorite things to order for breakfast now.
Well, hopefully I'll be back at YYC before they yank this item and replace it with an "enhancement".
Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyznomad
It was okay...
Trying to think if the toast had butter or garlic underneath, but no Cream Cheese for sure.

I would go Omelette>Salmon/French Toast>Donut

Was more shocked the Omelette have ham inside personally
yyznomad likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
It was okay...
Trying to think if the toast had butter or garlic underneath, but no Cream Cheese for sure.

I would go Omelette>Salmon/French Toast>Donut

Was more shocked the Omelette have ham inside personally
I just wish the MLL omelettes had cheese in them. Pre-covid, the self-serve omelettes didn't have cheese "in" them, but usually melted on top of them, IIRC.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 2:38 pm

Tried to use MLL on-arrival at YEG yesterday with a guest. Would have been my sixth time doing this exact scenario with this guest (three at YVR, two other times at YEG).

I scanned my BP and the same rep in Feb made the same remark. I asked to guest and after they pushed the button, was invited to scan her BP, and it failed. They asked if we had our onward boarding passes, I said "no" we were requesting access on-arrival. They mentioned there was something on their screen blocking access for the guest to gain entry. I was asked if I'd done this before and I even called out that she'd guested me in previously. Didn't even offer a chance to pay for entry, though I don't think that mechanism is back online right now...

Ultimately, we (my guest) were denied, they gave some cryptic reasoning with some alphanumeric error code showing on their screen but I was home and at this point and now uninterested trying to enter and went to baggage claim instead.

Altitude Super Elite, Aeroplan 75K and Aeroplan 50K MembersRelax in the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge as you wait for your flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express, Air Canada Rouge or by a Star Alliance partner airlines, in any class of service.

In addition, you may access the domestic Maple Leaf Lounges at airports in Canada and the U.S. upon arriving on an Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada Express flight.

Your domestic partner, up to 5 dependent children*, as well as one guest are invited to join you at no charge.

yyznomad and C-FMWQ like this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asovse1
Tried to use MLL on-arrival at YEG yesterday with a guest. Would have been my sixth time doing this exact scenario with this guest (three at YVR, two other times at YEG).

I scanned my BP and the same rep in Feb made the same remark. I asked to guest and after they pushed the button, was invited to scan her BP, and it failed. They asked if we had our onward boarding passes, I said "no" we were requesting access on-arrival. They mentioned there was something on their screen blocking access for the guest to gain entry. I was asked if I'd done this before and I even called out that she'd guested me in previously. Didn't even offer a chance to pay for entry, though I don't think that mechanism is back online right now...

Ultimately, we (my guest) were denied, they gave some cryptic reasoning with some alphanumeric error code showing on their screen but I was home and at this point and now uninterested trying to enter and went to baggage claim instead.
Are you going to write in?
Stuff like this is uber annoying. I feel like the one time I actually want to guest someone in a similar scenario, that we (they) will be rejected. So gd annoying.
canadiancow and mathemagic like this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 11:04 pm

I didn't really think much of it because we were simply gonna grab a coke and maybe a cookie, but I guess I will. I'm really perplexed by what the error code was and why it was even a valid error. I told the lounge rep I couldn't hear her technical and verbose explanation amidst the construction noise (fault of the maintenance going on in the Plaza Premium next door) and plexiglass but she just expressed sympathy and didn't repeat explaining why my guest was denied.

One thing I can think of is despite being on the same arriving flight, my guest was on a different PNR. Maybe that's an edge case that was never ironed out??? Or maybe just bad fingers pushing the guest button. Either way, it's up to customer relations to speculate now...
Old Apr 20, 2022, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asovse1

One thing I can think of is despite being on the same arriving flight, my guest was on a different PNR. Maybe that's an edge case that was never ironed out???
No, this scenario is not an outlier. It's very common.
canadiancow and asovse1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.