Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2021, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YOWgary
If MLLs started offering this I'd be thrilled to bits.
Now that would definitely be sugoi.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 1:42 pm

Programs: AC 75k
First visit of the year, YVR. As busy as normal people wise for Sunday noon, but fewer seats so had to wait about 8 mins to get in. Certainly quieter noise wise than normal.
Only time for a bathroom break and a quick Guinness, but relaxing all the same.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 4:31 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
Domestic lounge at Pearson was evacuated due to a security threat at screening today about 50 minutes ago. Police cleared a 300 meter radius, but it was a false alarm. I’m back in the lounge now but no staff! Debated going back to my seat but I’ll wait for the greeter’s return.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Both YYZ in the afternoon (4-5pm) and YVR (8-9pm) ghost towns. Food delivery super fast.

Interestingly the dessert listed as the same, but came out very different.

Surprising amount of work flyers ar YYZ.Clearlry companies still sending tons of workers out despite the pandemic.

Last edited by rankourabu; Apr 10, 2021 at 8:10 pm
Old Apr 10, 2021, 7:32 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Just boarded 224 to YYC. YVR domestic was really dead. I had a Greek chicken rice bowl that was quite tasty. The at your seat selection is seemingly better than the old serve yourself options.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 2:25 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know if at YYZ they will let me into the Domestic section in order to visit the MLL with a transborder boarding pass? I have a COVID test appointment at the airport 3 hours before my flight so I have plenty of time to kill, and I don't mind going through security twice.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 3:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
They will not. But a concierge once suggested I buy a refundable domestic ticket when I asked her about this exact scenario.

It's bad, you shouldn't do it, but even the front-line staff dgaf.
rau90 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by andrewlawton
I’m back in the lounge now but no staff! Debated going back to my seat but I’ll wait for the greeter’s return.
My co-COVID ex-YYZ flying has been sparse, but even with that, I've had a couple of occasions where upon YYZ Dom MLL entry, there was nobody to greet patrons.
talkeryxu likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Does anyone know what food is currently offered at the YVR domestic MLL?

Thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2021, 8:25 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Does anyone know what food is currently offered at the YVR domestic MLL?
Looks like AC has tweaked the site to only show what's available right now. I've updated the YVR afternoon/evening menu in the wiki, will try to do the others tomorrow.
Jasper2009 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 2:07 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I've updated the YYC menus and got the YYZ afternoon and YVR morning ones. Slept in a bit and was too late for the YYZ morning one though, so that's still missing. Maybe tomorrow I'll wake up at a better hour.

I'd also point out that a wiki can be updated by pretty much anyone. For instance, the MLL hours haven't been updated (or confirmed to still be accurate) since December, when @yyznomad and I were last flying...

Originally Posted by canadiancow
They will not. But a concierge once suggested I buy a refundable domestic ticket when I asked her about this exact scenario. It's bad, you shouldn't do it, but even the front-line staff dgaf.
@canadiancow, are you sure about that? Based on what's in the wiki, it says they are currently allowing international pax in YYZ Dom since the international lounge is closed, and I seem to recall discussion about that upthread, although I haven't gone looking for it.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
@canadiancow, are you sure about that? Based on what's in the wiki, it says they are currently allowing international pax in YYZ Dom since the international lounge is closed, and I seem to recall discussion about that upthread, although I haven't gone looking for it.
International is fine because you're still only clearing security once.

YVR had a drastic change several years ago where they stopped allowing TB. The machines flash red and won't let you through. I can't recall if I've tried it in YYZ, but in my mind I'm 100% sure about YVR and YYZ, 100% sure YYC will allow it, and I have no opinion on any other airport. These strong opinions lead me to believe I've likely tried it.

Oh I remember YYZ now. I can't recall how I got past security, but after using the dom MLL with a dom friend, they turned me around when I tried to use the connection path, and made me go landside.

If you're willing to "break the law" and buy a refundable domestic ticket, and ENTER THE MLL WITH THE TB BP (very important), it will work. But there are other potential security/legal consequences, so I don't "recommend" it.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 2:26 pm

International is fine because you're still only clearing security once.

YVR had a drastic change several years ago where they stopped allowing TB. The machines flash red and won't let you through. I can't recall if I've tried it in YYZ, but in my mind I'm 100% sure about YVR and YYZ, 100% sure YYC will allow it, and I have no opinion on any other airport. These strong opinions lead me to believe I've likely tried it.

Oh I remember YYZ now. I can't recall how I got past security, but after using the dom MLL with a dom friend, they turned me around when I tried to use the connection path, and made me go landside.

If you're willing to "break the law" and buy a refundable domestic ticket, and ENTER THE MLL WITH THE TB BP (very important), it will work. But there are other potential security/legal consequences, so I don't "recommend" it.
Did you get in to domestic because you had flown GRU-YUL-YYZ, maybe?

I wasn't sure whether they had relaxed it for TB what with COVID, but sounds like not a great option.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Did you get in to domestic because you had flown GRU-YUL-YYZ, maybe?

I wasn't sure whether they had relaxed it for TB what with COVID, but sounds like not a great option.
No, this was years ago.

My most recent trips (during COVID) only let me in dom before TB if I had a departing dom BP. In December with YYZ-ORD, I was SOL.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 3:09 pm

No, this was years ago.

My most recent trips (during COVID) only let me in dom before TB if I had a departing dom BP. In December with YYZ-ORD, I was SOL.
So should we update the wiki to clarify still no access for TB pax?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.