Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2021, 12:26 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by yyznomad
The distinction that caziz is making is that Ontario is in their second official state of emergency with a stay at home order in place starting earlier today at 00:01 EST.
I think Pearson is the only exception to that. Under every "lockdown" has most places been open at Pearson. Guess its considered "essential" for those travelling...
Old Jan 14, 2021, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
YVR MLL

Love the tuna wrap. A lot of people seem to be asking for the roast beef wrap.

Love that the washrooms have attendants, and this.
For a brief moment, I felt like I was in NRT/ HKG/ TPE/ SIN.
Yes, I know it's alit thing, but still.....

Old Jan 14, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
I think Pearson is the only exception to that. Under every "lockdown" has most places been open at Pearson. Guess its considered "essential" for those travelling...
Or maybe the federal government makes the rules at YYZ. There have been almost no restrictions made by the federal government, aside from the border closure and 14-day self isolation period. In countries like Germany where the federal government suspended indoor dining, lounges are no longer serving food.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 2:31 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by yyztozag
Or maybe the federal government makes the rules at YYZ. There have been almost no restrictions made by the federal government, aside from the border closure and 14-day self isolation period. In countries like Germany where the federal government suspended indoor dining, lounges are no longer serving food.
If that's the case then why are restrictions at YYC different? They seemed to have followed the provinces lockdown restrictions back on Dec 13.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Yeah, I was just pointing out the distinction caziz was making, which would require someone to visit the YYZ Dom MLL starting today to give an answer. This is notwithstanding the point that it has and still seems to operate outside of the provincial laws/regulations/restrictions/etc. as it relates to covid... so for all intents and purposes, it's a 99.9% chance that it's still the same as yesterday.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 4:44 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
This is notwithstanding the point that it has and still seems to operate outside of the provincial laws/regulations/restrictions/etc. as it relates to covid... so for all intents and purposes, it's a 99.9% chance that it's still the same as yesterday.
Has YYZ really operated outside of provincial restrictions, or has there simply been a different set of restrictions applicable to airport lounges and restaurants than to establishments located outside of airports?
Old Jan 14, 2021, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Has YYZ really operated outside of provincial restrictions, or has there simply been a different set of restrictions applicable to airport lounges and restaurants than to establishments located outside of airports?
Beats me... that's also possible. I think you got the gist of what I was getting at! womp womprats!
Old Jan 14, 2021, 7:30 pm

Programs: AC SE
Yeah, I was just pointing out the distinction caziz was making, which would require someone to visit the YYZ Dom MLL starting today to give an answer. This is notwithstanding the point that it has and still seems to operate outside of the provincial laws/regulations/restrictions/etc. as it relates to covid... so for all intents and purposes, it's a 99.9% chance that it's still the same as yesterday.
Yes that is what I was wondering, I will know early next week and advise on here. But based on my recent visits in Q4 of 2020, there were no restrictions that had any impact on de facto operation in the YYZ MLL, that being said, the YVR MLL appears to have far superior food offerings compared to those at YYZ, I hope the breakfast Nachos have been cut, they were such utter crap with the plastic pre cooked egg on top
Old Jan 14, 2021, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by caziz
Yes that is what I was wondering, I will know early next week and advise on here. But based on my recent visits in Q4 of 2020, there were no restrictions that had any impact on de facto operation in the YYZ MLL, that being said, the YVR MLL appears to have far superior food offerings compared to those at YYZ, I hope the breakfast Nachos have been cut, they were such utter crap with the plastic pre cooked egg on top
I was in the YYZ MLL in December and a couple of times this week and already posted food photos above. All protocols remain the same but the take-out food is better now.

Hot breakfast items this week are still:

Old Jan 14, 2021, 7:45 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by 24left
I was in the YYZ MLL in December and a couple of times this week. All protocols remain the same but the take-out food is better now.

Thx for the update, Nachos are still there. I will try the other options next week and report back, last time I did the nachos, was nothing to write home about, but enough to write about

I still think the highlight of this app is being able to order after you have left the lounge, in fact I can still pull up the URL and place an order LOL
Old Jan 14, 2021, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by caziz
Thx for the update, Nachos are still there. I will try the other options next week and report back, last time I did the nachos, was nothing to write home about, but enough to write about

I still think the highlight of this app is being able to order after you have left the lounge, in fact I can still pull up the URL and place an order LOL
Correct.

Nice to see the thread wiki is still up to date.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
I was in the YYZ MLL in December and a couple of times this week and already posted food photos above. All protocols remain the same but the take-out food is better now.

Yuck! Those breakfast nachos with the plastic/rubbery egg are till being served....Time for a menu refresh like onboard with the introduction of hot food.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 8:25 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Correct.

Nice to see the thread wiki is still up to date.
It's not, because YYC still shows no food to order I'll update it later tonight if I have some time.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 8:28 pm

It's not, because YYC still shows no food to order I'll update it later tonight if I have some time.
Is the YYC MLL serving drinks/alcohol now that they are allowing food to be ordered?
Old Jan 14, 2021, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good point. I was referring to YYZ but forgot to point out the YYC data.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.