Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2021, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
Updated hours. Actually closes at 8:15pm. I stopped by today and it was the 2nd or 3rd day of operations. Not a lot of people know it is open and they havent advertised it. Essentially food items are similar to the "to go" bags at YYZ and elsewhere. No hot food or QR codes. Better than nothing but the food at the Aspire lounge across the hall isnt that great either.
Checked out the YOW Aspire and MLL lounge this afternoon. Aspire just got their liquor license but doesn’t have their first shipment yet. Their hot food although not extraordinary puts it above the MLL for me. In the MLL serving about 15 customers in total and maybe one every 5-10 minutes they have a dedicated person on bar and a separate person on food. There is no excuse for YYZ not having more people to attend to the demand and organizing it better.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 5:54 pm

Programs: AC SE
Just got sent away 3 times at YYZ MLL. Capacity is a huge issue these days
Old Sep 20, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: Former UA GS, demoted to lowly 1K MM
Just adding a data point that neither TB lounge in YYZ was open as of yesterday (2021-09-19) afternoon. Made the trek all the way out to the Express Lounge based on reports that it may have reopened, but no such luck.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by bikenski
Just adding a data point that neither TB lounge in YYZ was open as of yesterday (2021-09-19) afternoon. Made the trek all the way out to the Express Lounge based on reports that it may have reopened, but no such luck.
Confirmed today (21-09-20) that the express lounge was not open at TB YYZ.
m.y and Adam Smith like this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:44 am

Programs: AC SE MM, UA Silver, DL SIlver, Marriott TE/LTPE, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by sskl1998
Confirmed today (21-09-20) that the express lounge was not open at TB YYZ.
Oh pooh, I got my hopes up for my 530pm to SFO.
Was anything else open in the TB terminal other than Starbucks and that Grab-n-Go stand?
Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mugatu
Was anything else open in the TB terminal other than Starbucks and that Grab-n-Go stand?
The bar/restaurant right at the bottom of the escalators has been open when I've been through.
jinxer226 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 12:59 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite, Delta PM, *G, Skyteam ElitePlus, Nexus,
Originally Posted by mugatu
Whalburger is open!
Old Sep 20, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
YYC is now requiring proof of vaccination or a negative test per Alberta requirements. FYI the brisket chimichangas were excellent today!
Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K
I’m in the domestic YUL lounge. There are people trying to get in unvaccinated. The staff is diligently checking and turning people away.

There seems to be ample capacity at the moment. I sampled several dishes. The smoked meat sandwich and cauliflower soup were good. The tuna poke bowl was not great. It had a weird flavour. The passion fruit infused vanilla desert is delicious. I think I’ll have another.
m.y, canadiancow, YYC3722 and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: House MD, How I Met Your Mother...
I was at the YEG MLL yesterday. Still no hot food, the plaza premium lounge right across is closed. No hours posted, and the chocolate chip cookies were stale ☹️.

will be returning in two weeks, hopefully the situation there will have improved somewhat. Was not asked to show proof of vaccination at entry.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 3:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Did YEG ever have anything hot? (serious question, I don't know) It's possible some of these lounges simply don't have the facilities to serve hot food.

Same for YOW.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 4:05 pm

Programs: AC S100K, HH Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Did YEG ever have anything hot? (serious question, I don't know)
I am pretty sure that there was pizza at the YEG lounge when I was last there. But that was Q2/Q3 2019 so it may have changed.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I'm going to assume that starting tomorrow (Wednesday, September 22), the YYZ MLLs will require proof of vaccination.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 7:35 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I'm going to assume that starting tomorrow (Wednesday, September 22), the YYZ MLLs will require proof of vaccination.
I think they won't based on how the entire airport and operations have been running since the start of the pandemic. Toronto had restaurants closed but they were open only at the airport.

Air Canada should allow frequent fliers to upload their proof that will attach to their Aeroplan # to make the process easier while checking into the MLL.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Interesting how some basic things are so different between lounges. YYC and YYZ have small bottles of water that you have to ask for, YVR has large bottles for you to take on your own and YEG has no bottles at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.