Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:50 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
I believe there were hours shown on the AC website. Not sure if they are accurate.
Hard to say. The hours on the website for YYC and YUL Dom are consistent with what I verified to be posted outside the lounges today. But the website has often been incorrect during COVID, and just looking at it again quickly, I see that the COVID page says YVR TB has reopened, but the MLL portion of the website still says it's closed, so at least one of those is wrong...
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
But the website has often been incorrect during COVID, and just looking at it again quickly, I see that the COVID page says YVR TB has reopened, but the MLL portion of the website still says it's closed, so at least one of those is wrong...
Not just during COVID... the MLL information on the website has been unreliable for years. Like lots of information on their website, it simply can't be trusted.
They should just put a link from the website to this thread.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 3:59 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Spoke to the YOW MLL agent this morning at 05:30. She confirmed it opens at 04:30 (as she opened in) and thinks it closes at 20:00 which is consistent with me seeing it open last night at 19:10. I will update the wiki. Breakfast cold service is pretty consistent with YYZ; regular packaged stuff, danish, chips and cookies. There doesn’t seem to be any infrastructure in place for hot food and assume it will stay that way. I will update the wiki with the hours.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 5:55 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
As of today​​​​​​, proof of vaccination is required to enter the YUL Dom MLL. I didn't have time to find out whether this requirement also applies to the other YUL lounges. Also unclear whether this is a provincial requirement or an AC one, as the provincial requirement has been in place for restaurants, bars, etc for a few weeks.

On a separate note, YUL Dom capacity is currently 63 vs normal capacity of 225, according to the signs posted at the entrance.
Stil likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 6:40 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite, Delta PM, *G, Skyteam ElitePlus, Nexus,
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
As of today​​​​​​, proof of vaccination is required to enter the YUL Dom MLL. I didn't have time to find out whether this requirement also applies to the other YUL lounges. Also unclear whether this is a provincial requirement or an AC one, as the provincial requirement has been in place for restaurants, bars, etc for a few weeks.

On a separate note, YUL Dom capacity is currently 63 vs normal capacity of 225, according to the signs posted at the entrance.
Will be in YUL international MLL today. I'll find out if they also require vaccination.
Adam Smith and Stil like this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by jinxer226
Will be in YUL international MLL today. I'll find out if they also require vaccination.
Great! Could you also check the opening hours, please? I have a late flight on Sunday.
jinxer226 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 3:11 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite, Delta PM, *G, Skyteam ElitePlus, Nexus,
In the YUL International MLL, double vaccine required, open until 20:00 to co-ordinate with last international AC flight. Maze setup, expect to go around the whole lounge just to get a drink if you follow the arrows.

DYKWIA walking around the tight space asking everybody to give him 6ft.

Surprised to see the showers were open.

Last edited by jinxer226; Sep 17, 2021 at 3:24 pm
Old Sep 17, 2021, 8:08 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan 75K
YEG (Edmonton) Maple Leaf Lounge - hours

The YEG (Edmonton) Maple Leaf Lounge re-opened on Tuesday, September 14, 2021. The current hours of operation are 4:45 am to 7:15 pm Monday - Sunday (confirmed with Air Canada agent checking passengers into the lounge today). Today's menu of beverages and cold snacks is identical to Calgary's. I took photos of the hours and today's menu, but because this is my first post, I am not allowed to upload images.
Carfield, yyzgigi, m.y and 6 others like this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I was in the YVR domestic MLL and it only took 3 minutes for the flatbread to come out.

I have always had good experiences with the staff in YVR.

edit: there were ten people lining up to enter the MLL when I left at 11 am.

Last edited by TTC900Rocket; Sep 18, 2021 at 11:59 am
Old Sep 18, 2021, 1:32 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Spoke to the YOW MLL agent this morning at 05:30. She confirmed it opens at 04:30 (as she opened in) and thinks it closes at 20:00 which is consistent with me seeing it open last night at 19:10. I will update the wiki. Breakfast cold service is pretty consistent with YYZ; regular packaged stuff, danish, chips and cookies. There doesn’t seem to be any infrastructure in place for hot food and assume it will stay that way. I will update the wiki with the hours.
Updated hours. Actually closes at 8:15pm. I stopped by today and it was the 2nd or 3rd day of operations. Not a lot of people know it is open and they havent advertised it. Essentially food items are similar to the "to go" bags at YYZ and elsewhere. No hot food or QR codes. Better than nothing but the food at the Aspire lounge across the hall isnt that great either.
yyzgigi likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
I booked a Flexible J rewards ticket to Europe for November for the sole purpose of Signature Suite access. Let's hope it's open by then! (It was only about 9k more than J Lowest).
Old Sep 18, 2021, 7:45 pm

Am I reading this correctly that you can only do walk-up purchases in these two lounges? I am flying to YVR next week, and sadly my priority pass won't get me into anything anymore in the transborder terminal and I was sorta hoping to hit up the MLL since it seems to be the only one open. With all the new covid stuff I was planning to be there early and just hang out in the lounge.

https://www.aircanada.com/us/en/aco/...f-lounges.html
  • Toronto-Pearson Airport, Terminal 1 near D gates
  • Calgary International Airport, Concourse C
Maybe I'm just dumb but I don't even see anywhere on the website to purchase it.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 8:33 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I saw someone guest in 2 friends and buy his third friend an entry into the YVR domestic MLL today.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 2:32 pm

Programs: AC*SE 100K
I have purchased on entry several times in the YVR INTL MLL when traveling with two non-status colleagues, mind you it was all pre-covid times.

Last edited by streetcircusdan; Sep 19, 2021 at 2:33 pm Reason: forgot to quote- clarity
Old Sep 19, 2021, 2:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by streetcircusdan
I have purchased on entry several times in the YVR INTL MLL when traveling with two non-status colleagues, mind you it was all pre-covid times.
I think you could buy access for people with you, but someone needed actual access to be able to do it.

Randoms couldn't walk up and buy entry (at least in Canada) as far as I know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.