Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2021, 10:27 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...lounge@toronto

The small TB lounge where all the RJs fly out of
Sorry should have known that. Has been so long. Strange choices to open first but better than nothing.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Okay, I already thought YYZ TB was undergoing some kind of massive renovation, and this seems to line up with that.

I can appreciate that YYZ TB Express may not have hot food ordering, but YOW and YVR TB still don't support online ordering either.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 11:21 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
I've been to YOW five or six times in the last couple of weeks. Sure, now they open that MLL.
YOWCDNFF and Plumber like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by justinyvr
The open lounge list under the AC COVID Travel Journey page has significantly expanded today:

With this being your first post, Welcome to FT.

Odd that CDG isn't listed there since it is already open.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 12:18 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I can appreciate that YYZ TB Express may not have hot food ordering, but YOW and YVR TB still don't support online ordering either.
Nor YEG. So does that mean no hot food in those places (like CDG), or some other way of obtaining it?

Originally Posted by Stil
Just updated the CDG MLL opening hours in the wiki 8:45 - 14:00.
Same hours every day?
Old Sep 16, 2021, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Nor YEG. So does that mean no hot food in those places (like CDG), or some other way of obtaining it?
My understanding was that CDG was buffet-style.

It's also possible one site is just ahead of the other. YVR TB certainly looks like it WILL support ordering, but there's nothing on the menu yet.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 12:35 pm

Same hours every day?
Yes, it's same hours every day. It closes in connection with the late and daily (and last AC flight out of CDG) YUL flight at 14:45
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:06 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
My understanding was that CDG was buffet-style.
The photos and descriptions upthread suggest it's a buffet of cold, pre-wrapped food rather than hot food. @Stil, since you've actually been there, can you clarify that?
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:34 pm

The photos and descriptions upthread suggest it's a buffet of cold, pre-wrapped food rather than hot food. @Stil, since you've actually been there, can you clarify that?
I were there for breakfast (left at 10:15)
It was all cold, pre wrapped and self service buffet.
No, hot alternative.
canadiancow and Adam Smith like this.

Last edited by Stil; Sep 16, 2021 at 1:40 pm
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Awesome to hear YVR TB lounge is open. In a couple weeks I'm flying AC LHR>YVR>PDX . The LHR>YVR portion is in C and YVR>PDX is in Y (No C on Flight). Will I be able to use YVR lounge during my layover?

Last edited by Asquared1; Sep 16, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
With this being your first post, Welcome to FT.
Thanks! I've been lurking this thread for months and was happy to have something new to share.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:24 pm

Expanded hours at YUL Dom relative to when I was last here two weeks ago. Wiki updated.

Arrived just after 6, with about 12-15 people in line, and waited about 15 minutes to get in. 3-4 people who were ahead of me in line abandoned before getting in, so probably would have been a bit longer had they stuck around.

The seating out around the entrance looks like it's about what's normally there. Back in the business centre, they've taken away about half the chairs for distancing.

Bottled water available to take from the makeshift bar area as reported at other lounges recently. Also at YYC this morning.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:05 pm

YOW open

Currently in the YOW MLL. It is deserted right now. No hot food. Just wraps, salads, plain chips and cookies. There are two roped off areas one for the bar and one for the food which is in a refrigerated cabinet with glass facing the customers.

Had to get someone’s attention for assistance but being alone meant no waiting.
gosamburu, canadiancow and Cas23 like this.

Last edited by yyzgigi; Sep 16, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Currently in the YOW MLL. It is deserted right now. No hot food. Just wraps, salads, plain chips and cookies. There are two roped off areas one for the bar and one for the food which is in a refrigerated cabinet with glass facing the customers.

Had to get someone’s attention for assistance but being along meant no waiting.
Can you find the hours?

Last edited by Adam Smith; Sep 16, 2021 at 5:08 pm Reason: Response to deleted post
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:24 pm

Can you find the hours?
sorry nothing was posted and I am already out. Will be back on Sunday. I think was closing at 8:00pm. I believe there were hours shown on the AC website. Not sure if they are accurate.
canadiancow and Adam Smith like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.