Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
Wired, I just checked my CC’s benefits guide and it does say MLL in North America. Won’t complain though..
Oh you're right. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
Weird, I just checked my CC’s benefits guide and it does say MLL in North America. Won’t complain though..
There's a reason why some things aren't posted on FT.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:40 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, UA Silver, DL SIlver, Marriott TE/LTPE, HH Gold,
Yesterday (20-Sep-21), the check-in agent at the SE counter said that they were hopefully the YYZ TB lounge would be open "By the start of next week", but she wasn't 100% certain.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 6:07 pm

Is the YVR domestic MLL usually crowded around 10 am on weekdays?
I’ve seen people being denied entry into the MLLs due to overcrowding in lounges.
I have an upcoming flight out of YVR and was planning on arriving at the airport around 10 am to eat something in the MLL before my flight.
However if it’s likely that I won’t be able to get in to the lounge at that time I might as well arrive later and don’t bother trying.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 6:09 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
they definitely were still there on Thursday afternoon. Hope this isn’t a permanent change. The great staff and $6 beers at Bar 120 with my $37 priority pass credit is looking better and better every day.
When I left on Saturday and arrived back Sunday, YYZ MLLs had waters on display to take with you. I've seen them proactively restock once it runs out.

Agreed. Bar 120 is great and Twist is a decent option for food now. Plaza premium with Dragon Pass if MLL is busy is also a decent option.

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I really despise Compass (there are a few standouts who deserve better than to work for that crapper of a company).
I wish AC could find a better vendor. yeah yeah good luck with that blah blah lowballers win out yada yada yada.
Rosa is a gem at the YYZ one and Charlie at the YVR bar

If AC adds back the original seating in the YYZ MLLs to allow for reality, then they'd better not add QR codes for hot food ordering at those seats/tables... because the wait would go from 15 minutes during peak times to 45 minutes... maybe even infinity.
However, on the bright side, I can multitask and lay a big one in the lav, fartlick a little, and do 50 carpet-arrow speed walking laps, all while waiting for my hot food.
When I was there on Sunday night they opened up the other side to the right of check in so if you want to do work and take a desk you can.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 7:15 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Another data point: bottled water available at the side, and proof-of-vaccination required at the YYZ domestic this morning.
Carfield and jmt18325 like this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 10:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by agjil
Is the YVR domestic MLL usually crowded around 10 am on weekdays?
I’m at the YVR domestic MLL right now. It’s 9:34 AM. The lounge is moderately busy, but still some seats available.

Update: 10:17 AM, and still seats available. No line up for coffee.
kalderlake likes this.

Last edited by King Chung Huang; Sep 22, 2021 at 11:17 am
Old Sep 22, 2021, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I'm going to assume that starting tomorrow (Wednesday, September 22), the YYZ MLLs will require proof of vaccination.
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
Another data point: bottled water available at the side, and proof-of-vaccination required at the YYZ domestic this morning.
Glad to hear that the self-serve bottled waters are back.
How were the lineups to get snacks and beverages?
Old Sep 22, 2021, 11:05 am

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Glad to hear that the self-serve bottled waters are back.
How were the lineups to get snacks and beverages?
In YYZ now, snack lineup is past the washroom entrance and almost to the front desk. All seats are occupied with 6-8 people circling, waiting for someone to leave.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kenlor
In YYZ now, snack lineup is past the washroom entrance and almost to the front desk. All seats are occupied with 6-8 people circling, waiting for someone to leave.
Thanks for the update.
Nice to hear that things still remain a cluster there.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
I’m at the YVR domestic MLL right now. It’s 9:34 AM. The lounge is moderately busy, but still some seats available.

Update: 10:17 AM, and still seats available. No line up for coffee.
Glad to hear it wasn’t too crowded at those times.
Thanks for letting me know!
Old Sep 22, 2021, 2:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018-23
YWG Lounge reopened - Sept 21 - from the Concierge - The Winnipeg Maple Leaf Lounge officially opened yesterday and will be open right now from 4:30AM to 5:30PM daily. The new protocol has you scan your boarding pass yourself and the food service is set up as a grab and go service. You chose from the menu and the staff hands it to you.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 2:40 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
YYZ TB was still closed as of today

However, the satellite lounge had someone walking out of it. Was a bit distracted not realizing my flight was F98
Old Sep 22, 2021, 4:21 pm

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Tit, HH Silver, BW Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
Rosa is a gem at the YYZ one and Charlie at the YVR bar
Charlie is the best! When I returned to the MLL for the first time last fall (I think), he recognized me and welcomed me back. He definitely has a special touch. I miss the bar in the international MLL for sure.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:47 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Anybody know if they're allowing UA J passengers in AC lounges?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.