Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2021, 7:02 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Showers at YYZ Dom were roped off yesterday, and when I asked at the desk, the agent told me they were closed. Now, she did work at the airport, but @theranj, I wouldn't expect to be able to get a shower on Thursday at the domestic lounge. As for Intl, she didn't know.

I didn't have time to have a detailed chat or try to ask other agents as there was usually a (small) line of people waiting to get in. I snagged one agent during a brief lull, but when a bunch of people emerged from the elevator, I figured I should leave her be so they didn't have to wait to get in.
thank you for checking, I'll report back on Thursday
Old Oct 2, 2021, 9:14 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 26left
I must have missed that in the fine print - still a heads up that the MLL lounge we were entitled to as J pax was closed would have been helpful.

That’s pretty poor customer service - and I would claim for any of the above degradations of the expected service standard with BA or any other business class carrier.
You can try writing in to AC via the customer service web form, and maybe they'll throw a little something your way, but I wouldn't expect much, if anything.
yyztozag likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 3:42 pm

YUL transborder appears to close at 17:30. I was denied entry at 17:22 as “we’re closed” even though the place was full of people. “For sanitation reasons” the desk agent said. 🙄

AC has a big band of YUL US departures at 18:15. None of them are boarding at 17:30. Why they wouldn’t just extend the hours 15-30 minutes is beyond me - the incremental cost must be so minimal, but instead they mildly annoy a bunch of elite and J passengers. Dumb dumb dumb.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:54 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
According to Yhztraveller, YHZ MLL will be opening on October 13. I can only hope this also means that YYT will be opening at either the same time or soon after.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:56 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by codfather
According to Yhztraveller, YHZ MLL will be opening on October 13. I can only hope this also means that YYT will be opening at either the same time or soon after.
What is October 13th in Newfoundland time?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
What is October 13th in Newfoundland time?
AST +24 hours
Old Oct 5, 2021, 2:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Oh good, just in time for the do.
zrh2yvr likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 4:29 pm

Yhztraveller do you happen to have a link to where AC states that YHZ MLL is reopening? Or is it just word of mouth at this point?
Old Oct 5, 2021, 5:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Yhztraveller do you happen to have a link to where AC states that YHZ MLL is reopening? Or is it just word of mouth at this point?
From an inside source (AC): "The Lounge is currently scheduled to open on October 13th".
Old Oct 7, 2021, 5:33 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by theranj
thank you for checking, I'll report back on Thursday
got off my flight and saw a Priority Pass restaurant so stopped for breakfast. Let in a food coma and forgot I was supposed to go to Domestic MLL as the International one is closed.. didn't realize until I saw the closed sign. Oh well, washing face in washroom will have to do
Old Oct 7, 2021, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by theranj
got off my flight and saw a Priority Pass restaurant so stopped for breakfast. Let in a food coma and forgot I was supposed to go to Domestic MLL as the International one is closed.. didn't realize until I saw the closed sign. Oh well, washing face in washroom will have to do
In YYZ? International is open.

I think the only closed international lounge (located in Canada) is YVR.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 11:37 am

Is the TB MLL closed? I was just looking on AC's website and it says:

Which lounges are open

Lounges in the following airports are welcoming back eligible customers:

Canada
  • Calgary International Airport: domestic lounge
  • Edmonton International Airport
  • Montréal-Trudeau International Airport: international, transborder, and domestic lounges
  • Ottawa International Airport
  • Toronto Pearson International Airport: international, transborder (Express), and domestic lounges
  • Vancouver International Airport: domestic and transborder lounges
  • Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport
Old Oct 7, 2021, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
In YYZ? International is open.

I think the only closed international lounge (located in Canada) is YVR.
at 7am est, it was closed. I believe the sign said 1130am est it opened
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 2:16 pm

Just spoke with AC staff at YYT. The lounge is scheduled to reopen on November 2nd!

Apparently it was originally due to open in October, but issues with Compass caused this delay.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 2:24 pm

Just spoke with AC staff at YYT. The lounge is scheduled to reopen on November 2nd!

Apparently it was originally due to open in October, but issues with Compass caused this delay.
Shocking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.