Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2021, 6:59 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
Showers will remain closed until further notice.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...-19.html#/read
Thanks - was afraid of that
Old Sep 30, 2021, 10:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by theranj
Anyone know if the YYZ Lounge shower is open?
Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
Showers will remain closed until further notice.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...-19.html#/read
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...lounge@toronto

This is certainly showing showers as operational, and others have reported working showers in MLLs as of recent. I’d count on them being open.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 7:41 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyztozag
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...lounge@toronto

This is certainly showing showers as operational
That doesn't show that the showers are operational, it shows that they exist in that lounge. The YYZ TB lounge, which is completely closed, shows the little shower icon too.

On top of that, that website has frequently been incorrect about such basic information as whether lounges are open and operating hours, so I wouldn't call it a reliable source.

and others have reported working showers in MLLs as of recent. I’d count on them being open.
This thread appears to have only one report of a shower being open, at YUL Intl.

That doesn't mean the showers at YYZ (although @theranj didn't specify which YYZ lounge) are closed, but none of it indicates they're open.
yyznomad and canadiancow like this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 8:04 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I noticed going through YYZ TB that after customs there is a new flight of stairs going up!

Here's hoping they lead to the lounge
yyzgigi and m.y like this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 10:45 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
...That doesn't mean the showers at YYZ (although @theranj didn't specify which YYZ lounge) are closed, but none of it indicates they're open.
Flying YYZ to PUJ on Thursday - I am not sure if International is open or Domestic only...I'm flying overnight from YVR
Old Oct 1, 2021, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Just waiting at the YYZ TB express. Started with four people in front of me and two gave up. Now two in front, but no one is leaving so thinking it may be pretty futile as they are closing in just over an hour.

Update:

looks like I was wrong. Cleared in about ten minutes and has been mostly at or below capacity since. Enjoying having two attendants keeping the food and beverage flowing for the small group without a line.

Last edited by yyzgigi; Oct 1, 2021 at 3:07 pm
Old Oct 1, 2021, 3:15 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
The problem of arrivals BPs not scanning properly is maybe being fixed? I had been unsuccessful in a couple dozen consecutive instances over the past few weeks until a few days ago in YVR. Also worked at YYZ today. But in between, another red X at YUL. So... not 100% sure what the deal is.
YYC3722 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 10:13 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
The problem of arrivals BPs not scanning properly is maybe being fixed? I had been unsuccessful in a couple dozen consecutive instances over the past few weeks until a few days ago in YVR. Also worked at YYZ today. But in between, another red X at YUL. So... not 100% sure what the deal is.
I've never had arrival BPs work but its great to have lounge dragons that know 50k and above have MLL access on arrival. A few months back/year ago, none of the dragons knew and I had to waste 5-10mins pulling up the T&Cs showing that we do have access.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 5:14 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
I've never had arrival BPs work but its great to have lounge dragons that know 50k and above have MLL access on arrival. A few months back/year ago, none of the dragons knew and I had to waste 5-10mins pulling up the T&Cs showing that we do have access.
Strange, as an SE I’ve never had it not just work.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 3:14 pm

Showers at YYZ Dom were roped off yesterday, and when I asked at the desk, the agent told me they were closed. Now, she did work at the airport, but @theranj, I wouldn't expect to be able to get a shower on Thursday at the domestic lounge. As for Intl, she didn't know.

I didn't have time to have a detailed chat or try to ask other agents as there was usually a (small) line of people waiting to get in. I snagged one agent during a brief lull, but when a bunch of people emerged from the elevator, I figured I should leave her be so they didn't have to wait to get in.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 5:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
YVR International Terminal D MLL/Signature Suite closed - compensation?

Hi all

Usually fly BA for YVR-LHR but flew AC this time due to a domestic connection. The stopover was 10.5 hours (!) at YVR so paid for an upgrade to J for two of us. I was looking forward to trying the Signature Suite and comparing to BA - only to find it shut with no alternative arrangements in place.

At no point were we warned the lounge would be shut - when buying the upgrade or when checking in.

Has anyone successfully secured compensation for this? If so how best to go about it? I don’t have status with AC.

Any tips or advice much appreciated.

26left
BA Gold / OW emerald
Old Oct 2, 2021, 5:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by 26left
Hi all

Usually fly BA for YVR-LHR but flew AC this time due to a domestic connection. The stopover was 10.5 hours (!) at YVR so paid for an upgrade to J for two of us. I was looking forward to trying the Signature Suite and comparing to BA - only to find it shut with no alternative arrangements in place.

At no point were we warned the lounge would be shut - when buying the upgrade or when checking in.

Has anyone successfully secured compensation for this? If so how best to go about it? I don’t have status with AC.

Any tips or advice much appreciated.

26left
BA Gold / OW emerald
1. Sucks that you missed the Signature Suite, it’s one of the best lounges in the world.

2. Upgraded pax don’t have access to the Signature Suite, regardless of whether or not it’s open. You have to have purchased J/C/D/Z/P for a flight to Asia, Europe or South America - no exceptions.

3. You can’t claim compensation on closed lounges. You cannot expect anything beyond what’s in the contract to be offered to you - for example, you must be offered 2x32 checked bags, and you must be seated in J, but that’s about it. They could not serve you water on the flight to LHR and block the seat recline function and there’s very little you could do about it (unfortunately).

4. Did you not have access to the Maple Leaf Lounge?
26left likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 5:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold
2. Upgraded pax don’t have access to the Signature Suite, regardless of whether or not it’s open. You have to have purchased J/C/D/Z/P for a flight to Asia, Europe or South America - no exceptions.
I must have missed that in the fine print - still a heads up that the MLL lounge we were entitled to as J pax was closed would have been helpful.

3. You can’t claim compensation on closed lounges. You cannot expect anything beyond what’s in the contract to be offered to you - for example, you must be offered 2x32 checked bags, and you must be seated in J, but that’s about it. They could not serve you water on the flight to LHR and block the seat recline function and there’s very little you could do about it (unfortunately).
That’s pretty poor customer service - and I would claim for any of the above degradations of the expected service standard with BA or any other business class carrier.

4. Did you not have access to the Maple Leaf Lounge?
No. Both MLL and Signature suite were closed in YVR terminal D / international.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by 26left
No. Both MLL and Signature suite were closed in YVR terminal D / international.
When was this? The YVR lounges have been open for quite some time now. Regardless, you were eligible for the MLL, and should have been informed whether or not it was open.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 6:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I assume the domestic connection was prior to YVR-LHR? If so, you had access to the domestic MLL.

You really need to research things during COVID, as things change all the time.

But as was stated, you'd never have had access to the Signature Suite on this trip, and that seems to be your biggest complaint.

I'm not even sure why you'd think you would, as the upgrade marketing only ever talks about Maple Leaf Lounge access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.