Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: AC35K, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
There are no time restrictions currently in the Domestic MLL's is there? I might need to bum around for 3 hours at YYZ before my late 8:30PM flight next week back to YVR.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jer3
There are no time restrictions currently in the Domestic MLL's is there? I might need to bum around for 3 hours at YYZ before my late 8:30PM flight next week back to YVR.
No official time restrictions MLL visits.
Many here can certainly attest to that through first-hand experience, including myself... status notwithstanding.
jer3 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by CCFP
I only have 64 posts so I can't edit the wiki, can someone else update?

YVR TB Lounge no hot food before 10am

They have printed menu but the attendants are shouting out the options: coffee, muffin, fruit cup, chia pudding, yogurt parfait etc.
I believe this info (hours and hot food avail/menu) was already updated in the wiki as of Sep 27 and Oct 1.
The printed menus have not been posted in the wiki as it tends to be nearly the same across all MLLs. Not exact, but very similar to exact depending on which MLLs one is comparing. You get the gist.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 12:22 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
No official time restrictions MLL visits.
Many here can certainly attest to that through first-hand experience, including myself... status notwithstanding.
had a 3h50m stopover last week thru YVR, went to domestic MLL immediately and no issues.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 2:01 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
A few MLL observations from recent travels.

YYZ Dom hit capacity at 17:03 on Wednesday, and was still about full when we left an hour and change later. I don't know how many people were turned away or how long the wait was.

On the plus side, the line for beverages/cold snacks was never more than a couple minutes long, since they seemed to have adequate staffing. They still should be moving more stuff to self-serve, but at least it was better than some recent times.

The woman delivering the hot food orders had a cart and with a bunch of orders at once, as opposed to just carrying a few on a tray like I've seen every other previous visit there. Seemed to be more efficient. Food was not noticeably less warm than previous YYZ visits or at other MLLs.

The Made Good bars might be gone for good at YYC. I haven't seen them in several weeks. Of course, now that I've said that, they'll be back tomorrow

I think AC decided to stop paying for offsite storage for the YVR Dom MLL furniture. Furniture seems to be back to pretty much normal, but many of the chairs have the Do Not Use signs/stickers on them.

Vegetable hummus wrap has been replaced by cucumber feta wrap on the cold snack menu, at least at YVR today. Haven't had it yet, but will report after I've eaten it.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I think AC decided to stop paying for offsite storage for the YVR Dom MLL furniture. Furniture seems to be back to pretty much normal, but many of the chairs have the Do Not Use signs/stickers on them.
It also means they're more ready to expand capacity, once staffing issues are resolved.

I think YYC is the only MLL I've had to wait outside of so far (and only once), and I hope it's the last time.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 2:36 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Cucumber feta wrap was an improvement on the vegetable hummus wrap, but n=1, so take that for what it's worth. Although I'm not sure where the feta was, if there was any. The big difference is it had a decent bit of sauce so it wasn't dry, unlike the hummus one.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
It also means they're more ready to expand capacity, once staffing issues are resolved.
I don't know. I think there have consistently been more chairs in the lounges than the number of customere they're allowing in. Some of the placements of the Do Not Use stickers don't really make sense from a distancing perspective. Who knows.

I think YYC is the only MLL I've had to wait outside of so far (and only once), and I hope it's the last time.
I think YYZ Dom is the only place I haven't waited, but I've also been largely avoiding YYZ. I think I've had to wait every single time at YVR Dom around the noon hour, but not outside of then (although I know it has been full at other times of day, when I've already been inside). YUL Dom, had to wait a few times. YYC, just once or twice, although at least one of those was an insanely long time.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I don't know. I think there have consistently been more chairs in the lounges than the number of customere they're allowing in. Some of the placements of the Do Not Use stickers don't really make sense from a distancing perspective. Who knows.
I'm not saying there's going to be an imminent expansion. But their maximum capacity is limited by seating, staff, and local guidelines. If they've solved one of those issues, then there's only two more (and I don't think local guidelines say much any more).
Old Oct 16, 2021, 3:21 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
On my two visits this week, YVR Dom had no line at 10 and a large line by 1130.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 4:16 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Food back at CDG Paris MLL Oct 2021

Food appears back at the CDG MLL. Self serve.

the drinks were limited

did not ask for COVID vaccination upon entry.

Old Oct 17, 2021, 6:36 am

Visited YVR Domestic yesterday at 1030. No line, not particularly full. Offered vaccination info, but it wasn't asked for or looked at.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 8:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
YEG MLL was dead today. Cappuccino machine broken but staff was helpful and there was enough cold stuff to eat to keep the wolves away . . .

YYC MLL was quite busy yesterday mid-morning. Didn't spend much time in there but people were ordering hot food.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 9:38 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
That’s strange…seats were not blocked in the CDG MLL when I was there in mid September. Must be recent.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 4:39 pm

10 minute line up to get into YVR domestic lounge this morning.
The coffee machine near the windows was staffed to help customers get their food/drink items faster.

Another 10 minute line up to get into the YYZ domestic lounge this afternoon.
If the lounge is at capacity, then why is the line up inside the lounge?

As mentioned the YYZ lounge asks for proof of vaccination from your province.
I presented a paper black and white copy of mine.
The staff let me in, but it was mentioned they prefer to see the coloured version on my phone.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 4:41 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by tracon
10 minute line up to get into YVR domestic lounge this morning.
The coffee machine near the windows was staffed to help customers get their food/drink items faster.

Another 10 minute line up to get into the YYZ domestic lounge this afternoon.
If the lounge is at capacity, then why is the line up inside the lounge?

As mentioned the YYZ lounge asks for proof of vaccination from your province.
I presented a paper black and white copy of mine.
The staff let me in, but it was mentioned they prefer to see the coloured version on my phone.
This is such a joke as I have been told by the staff at YVR that a paper version is preferred, so I carry one around. Same with some customs agents. I even thought of getting it laminated.

They think the ones on the phone can be easily faked, digitally. And easier legibility on paper. So what gives? You can print out a fake copy just as easily.

Thanks for the update. I know I have easy access to both so I'm not too annoyed but I'd be upset if someone called out my elderly mom for using her paper copy and not digital. No consistency.

Only way to fix this problem is roll out the QR code with official app w/ legit vaccine records that they started to do with Restaurants. lol.

Last edited by SKYEG; Oct 18, 2021 at 4:48 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.