Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2021, 5:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by 24left
Posting on behalf of @jasdou. YYZ MLL this morning.

QUOTE:

"The egg was warm and tasted fine. The avocado spread looked oxidized and had an ok texture. I left the soggy bread at the bottom."

There were also 15 people in line for coffee. Apparently 3 servers are working.

EDIT TO ADD:

QUOTE:

"Fruits are nice, fresh and not frozen. Oats are bland."

Posting on behalf of @jasdou???? What, is he delegating his posting now??
canadiancow and jasdou like this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 7:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100K, NEXUS, IHG Rewards
Looks like YUL domestic lounge is about to go back to normal/full capacity: I was there today at noon-ish and all the chairs and tables are back. Some of the chairs (looks like every 3rd one or so) have decals on them saying "Do No Use/Ne Pas Utilizer", but some people were still using them and no one seemed to be bothering them about it.
yyznomad and unclepants like this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 7:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ratsy
Looks like YUL domestic lounge is about to go back to normal/full capacity: I was there today at noon-ish and all the chairs and tables are back. Some of the chairs (looks like every 3rd one or so) have decals on them saying "Do No Use/Ne Pas Utilizer", but some people were still using them and no one seemed to be bothering them about it.
I've run into that in other airline lounges, where it's impossible for a couple to sit together without disobeying the sign. I assume it's meant more for like "don't sit here beside a stranger", as opposed to "don't sit here at all".

I haven't been to YUL (and no plans either), but glad to see they're trying to deal with capacity issues.

Though I hope they increase the bar staff (or go back to self-serve), or the lines will be even longer.
yyznomad and yyztozag like this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 8:55 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
As the Signature Suite remains closed for the foreseeable future, a few recent posts on that topic have been moved to the Signature Suite thread. Please continue the discussion there.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Co-Moderator
Old Sep 10, 2021, 11:13 am

Programs: AC*SE 100K
No lineup at the YVR DOM MLL today, which is nice. There's a special arancini offering I hadn't seen before on the menu, and it was pretty good- I am/was so hungry I forgot to take a pic before scarfing it down. Five varieties of chips available- Ruffles sour cream and onion, Doritos nacho cheese, Ms. Vickies original and salt/vinegar and Sun Chips.

Still have some dingus sitting at the table beside me right now on hold with god knows who and his phone speaker at full volume. The world is healing!
Nitehawk, m.y, 24left and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
There was almost a lineup at YVR when I entered about 30 mins ago.

Edit: when I walked out at 11:30am at least 30 people were waiting to enter.

Last edited by Nitehawk; Sep 10, 2021 at 12:39 pm
Old Sep 10, 2021, 2:39 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Is it possible to use the domestic MLL at YVR when flying international (by clearing security twice)?
Old Sep 10, 2021, 3:05 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Is it possible to use the domestic MLL at YVR when flying international (by clearing security twice)?
You don't need to secure security twice. If you clear domestic security in YVR you can use the lounge and then just walk over to the international gate.
unclepants likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 5:51 pm

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
You don't need to secure security twice. If you clear domestic security in YVR you can use the lounge and then just walk over to the international gate.
OK, I feel like an idiot because I have been flying out of YVR for years and never realized the domestic and international terminals were connected airside. I know the US is separate because it's on the other side of US customs. So I just assumed all three were separate.

In all fairness, I have never transited through YVR, only departed/arrived and never had any reason to make a connection.

That all being said, outside of Covid when all the MLLs are open at YVR, can you enter the international terminal MLL on a domestic ticket? The food and drink options would make this worth it.

Thanks!
Old Sep 10, 2021, 6:16 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
It's a one-way tunnel. You can move from D to I, but not I to D.
WorldwideChoppers likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 6:33 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Thanks. I never knew that.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 3:10 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by WorldwideChoppers
OK, I feel like an idiot because I have been flying out of YVR for years and never realized the domestic and international terminals were connected airside. I know the US is separate because it's on the other side of US customs. So I just assumed all three were separate….!
The hallway to the 50 gates is where the connection is. They have the flexibility to swing a few of them from domestic to international. Around gate 51/52 there is a boarding pass check where they will allow those with an international boarding pass to enter. Once in, the only way out is on an international flight or through customs and immigration, so the flow is one way.

Here’s the map
24left and WorldwideChoppers like this.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 6:07 am

Programs: TK *G
One improvement at YYZ DOM MLL. There is a tray with small water bottles near the bar. No need to wait in line if you just need some water.
yyzgigi, canadiancow and 24left like this.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by songsc
One improvement at YYZ DOM MLL. There is a tray with small water bottles near the bar. No need to wait in line if you just need some water.
yep.
Indeed a welcomed improvement. No needing to wait 10 minutes to get a bottled water.

Old Sep 11, 2021, 3:00 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by yyznomad
yep.
Indeed a welcomed improvement. No needing to wait 10 minutes to get a bottled water.

An improvement indeed, but begs the question: If bottled water can be handed out this way without spreading covid, what's stopping AC from extending the logic to other bottled / canned drinks and pre-packaged snacks?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.