Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jc94
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition and 2017 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by 24left
Someone posted some time ago in another thread about water-damaged passports and mentioned they use these. I can tell you it saved mine from more than one downpour in Singapore.

I do the same .
Diabeetus likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:40 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
That's a little too low-tech for me
There's a story somewhere about how the Americans versus the Russians approached the issue about writing in Space.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I know exactly which office I'm going to use (I think that one), and I'll definitely have proof. I just booked my round-trip ticket for my passport replacement friend's 30th.

What a pain.
If you have to send your new passport out for days/weeks for visa processing times, and also have travel booked during that time, you may be able to buy a second passport. The US does-3 of us walked out a same day processing center with 6 new valid passports.

Varied reports of if Canada will let you carry both valid passports, or if the agency sometimes wants to hold on to your spare/second, but may be worth a try... https://www.quora.com/Can-Canadians-hold-two-passports-for-the-same-person-like-other-countries-allow

Don't forget to stop at a yyz or sfo nexus enrollment center to update your linked passport #.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by expert7700
Don't forget to stop at a yyz or sfo nexus enrollment center to update your linked passport #.
You can update your passport info on your NEXUS profile online. No need to physically go to an enrollment center.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by jasdou
You can update your passport info on your NEXUS profile online. No need to physically go to an enrollment center.
when I did that last year, the Nexus site allowed me to save the new passport # but said I needed to take it to an enrollment officer for verification (no appointment needed). plus online system only allows one active passport #. was the website message bluffing? probably.

sfo airport office was slammed, but an agent verified plus added our second passports and got us on our way in <10 minutes.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: AC SE
when I did that last year, the Nexus site allowed me to save the new passport # but said I needed to take it to an enrollment officer for verification (no appointment needed). plus online system only allows one active passport #. was the website message bluffing? probably.

sfo airport office was slammed, but an agent verified plus added our second passports and got us on our way in <10 minutes.
Ah - not sure about the two passport thing. But I did update my passport last November, updated online and have been using my NEXUS card ever since without a hitch. I did stop by the YUL enrollment center one time when I had a longer layover and the agent told me I didn't need to come, updating online was all I needed to do.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

Now that the discussion has moved into being solely about Nexus I'll jump in to remind everyone that that discussion is best continued in the proper venue for that topic which is the Trusted Travelers FT forum rather than in this forum lounge thread.

Regards,

tcook052
Ac forum Mod.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:00 pm

back to our regularly scheduled forum lounge topic

looks like a good use of Aeroplan miles to fly to the UK to score one of these.

they invented a 4th kind of chocolate just for kit kats

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-5597991/KitKat-launches-ruby-chocolate-wafer-bars-UK.html
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
back to our regularly scheduled forum lounge topic

looks like a good use of Aeroplan miles to fly to the UK to score one of these.

they invented a 4th kind of chocolate just for kit kats

KitKat launches ruby chocolate wafer bars in the UK | Daily Mail Online
Oh, thanks for reminding me to add to shopping list
I posted about the ruby chocolate back in January when Kit Kat Japan announced it.

Of course Japan and Korea.

https://www.nestle.com/media/news/ne...ruby-chocolate

https://www.nestle.co.jp/media/press...kitkat_eng.pdf
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Tfw you do a mock consulting case interview with a friend and need to be handheld through the entire thing

No biggie, I still have 3 weeks till the actual interview... -_-
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by pewpew
Tfw you do a mock consulting case interview with a friend and need to be handheld through the entire thing

No biggie, I still have 3 weeks till the actual interview... -_-
Case In Point book is your best friend.
You also don't want to seem too rehearsed, yet prepared JUST ENOUGH

Happy to help after my exam on the 16th
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Annoying that the Jays haven't scored yet this game. Just get one run! (top of the 8th)

Added: Ok, we got our run! Now holding our breath!

Added more: Sanchez No-no broken in the bottom of the 8th. Oh well.

Last edited by yyznomad; Apr 10, 2018 at 7:21 pm
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
What do the Jays, the Raptors and the Leafs have in common?

None of them can play baseball, basketball or hockey.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan
How weird is it that two threads that I started in 2016 are suddenly on page 1 of the forum? They had both been dormant for quite some time and I didn't resurrect either of them.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by smallmj
How weird is it that two threads that I started in 2016 are suddenly on page 1 of the forum? They had both been dormant for quite some time and I didn't resurrect either of them.
Thank you for contributing something of value to this forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.