Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2015, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Jeez, couldn't you wait until next week to go to JP?

YYZNOMADHD = EPIC FAIL
Wait? Why wait?
I'm going back in a few days. That's this week, not next week.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Wait? Why wait?
I'm going back in a few days. That's this week, not next week.
Do you stay in DT Tokyo when you hit up JP?

I'm in FUK for a couple of days before I hit up TYO. 50-50 chance to stumble upon me LOL
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015...k-profile.html

Bahahaha. Don't let me add you on facebook apparently
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Nightmares!
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Nightmares!
Thanks for completely ignoring my question.

You are back on the naughty list. No Christmas presents for you.

(Also spoke with Obi-wan, and he will temporarily suspend your AE account to teach you a lesson.)

#DealWithIt
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Quite a few people from YYC, so I thought I'd share this.

I met up with two FTers today (individually). Always a great time meeting up with FTers! For one of the meetups, it was at Caesar's!

What a freaking nightmare. Now note, I understand this is a one off but the dining experience was so poor the Palliser management team is currently, as they put it, "ruining their night" at this point given the feedback that I provided them.

1) The service was absolutely horrid. As in - rude. Surly service. I've had better service at a Swiss Chalet.
2) I have an allergy to dairy. They cross contaminated the sour cream with the bacon and chives when they were coming by to fill up my baked potato, and I had to explain to the guy why that was not acceptable. So now they get another thing of bacon fine, then they try to serve me the chives, which again had sour cream in it. I'm like, forget it. I'll just eat.
3) Then about 2 hours in, the bill arrives without us asking for it. (this is after more surely service). So whatever, I mean we all have bad nights...and then!

We ask to split the bill. The guy then says that they are going to charge us a mandatory 18% tip. (for a 2 person meal!).

Like wth?? Whatever, split the bill, and on our way out we talk to the manager. Manager's like....yep, that's policy here for splitting a bill. We explain the whole thing and the manager tries to reverse the tip (we tried to just leave but whatever part of ME wanted to stay out of principle, even if it is expensed). He spends 10 minutes, and then fails to do so. Asks us for our info, and then we walk out.

So if you're in Calgary, my recommendation given this 1 data point is to avoid this place. Food was good for sure. The conversations that we had at dinner were AWESOME. But the service at this place, BLEH.

I can't wait for the Palliser to wreck hell on them. They send a lot of business there, and were SO gracious and apologetic about them, and I'm like...no, this has nothing to do with you guys. But yeah...I guess the Palliser doesn't like them anymore. If anything is out of the ordinary with respect to what happens next I'll post back. But if nothing crazy happens, well, I hope this helps divert your spend somewhere else!

BUT - It was ALL so totally worth it to catch up!! Just wanted to provide a calm review on Caesar's. The look of horror when the concierge team asked how my night was...I was like....night was GREAT, but the service at Caesar's was terrible....boy, notepads came out - notes were taken, managers were called and now corrective action will ensue I love this place!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Thanks for completely ignoring my question.

You are back on the naughty list. No Christmas presents for you.

(Also spoke with Obi-wan, and he will temporarily suspend your AE account to teach you a lesson.)

#DealWithIt
失礼しますね。すみません。
よく東京のウェスティンホテルに泊まります。東京に行かなかったら、大阪に行きます。今東京にいるんです。 今スパースフライアーさんはどこですか。

(for those that try to Google Translate this, it's not that great for Japanese, btw )
Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:48 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
We ask to split the bill. The guy then says that they are going to charge us a mandatory 18% tip. (for a 2 person meal!).
Absolutely unacceptable. It's a ridiculous policy and you were right to argue it. But here's how I would've handled it: one picks up the whole tab and leaves an appropriate (read <18%) tip while the other e-transfers his/her share of the meal to the person who paid.

No way I'm throwing money away in bad service because of a bad policy
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Who will be the first here to try the downtown-YTZ tunnel?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SAP stoked that the Top Gear guys are getting another show?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

SAP stoked that the Top Gear guys are getting another show?
SAP is VERY stoked about this!!

SAP is pressed for time so he'll just link this article even though it's from the BBC.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33715671

Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SAP is VERY stoked about this!!

SAP is pressed for time so he'll just link this article even though it's from the BBC.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33715671

What the hell is a bullet ant?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

What the hell is a bullet ant?
I have no idea. Although IMO, that was the best episode ever...
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have no idea. Although IMO, that was the best episode ever...
I see.

Man I'm knackered. Third time to NRT/HND this month. Poor me.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I see.

Man I'm knackered. Third time to NRT/HND this month. Poor me.
At least your organization was not reorged this morning

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.