Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2015, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
That drink has now become this forums' favorite Best Vesper is at the Fairmont YVR.

Yup, my first one. Fairmont YVR Jetside.

No longer a Vesper Virgin.

Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Ya I didn't get VDB'd. It's actually never happened for me lol. I've tried maybe 3x. Anytime they offer I have somewhere to be.

Once I got to YVR I asked to stay overnight and they changed my ticket for me. Nice guys and gals at AC. Maybe having a full Y ticket helped.
I think having a full Y ticket was the only reason they did it
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I think having a full Y ticket was the only reason they did it
Still didn't think that entitled me to free overnight layovers, maybe I don't know the fare rules that well. They told me they would do it before I mentioned I had a flexible ticket, subject to change fee.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
Yup, my first one. Fairmont YVR Jetside.

No longer a Vesper Virgin.

It's an exclusive club. Welcome! ^
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
So, I get protected for an earlier flight because the one I was one was delayed for 3 hours.

This lady who's trying to standby for the flight I'm in had the biggest DYKWIA episode ever. She's flying in Y. (and is on my original flight which got delayed till 7pm)

She starts ****** about how they don't just repair the plane, or swap out the plane, or proactively put her on an earlier flight. She's literally going postal and causing a scene at the gate. The GA was very calm about it, and said the flight was full. Then she was like...well, then kick someone else off. Anyways, the GA handled it very well - doing things like not being confronting, trying to lead her to a quieter location and away from the gate.

I got so pissed off over it I walked over and started to tell her how it worked. Wearing a company shirt, pissing off pissed off customers. Kindly **** off lady. She kept going on and on about AC service.

There are many morons in this world. She was one of them. Planes are full leaving YYC on a Friday this time of day. DUHHH.

If I weren't wearing a company shirt, I would have gone off the rails. We give GA's a hard time, for things like zonal boarding, but man, the crap they put up with?

I hope she ends up sitting next to me. No wifi on this bird. Even though the WIFI logo exists on the hull. Sigh. If she ends up sitting next to me, I may continue tearing her a new one.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 5:01 pm
Suspended

So, I get protected for an earlier flight because the one I was one was delayed for 3 hours.

This lady who's trying to standby for the flight I'm in had the biggest DYKWIA episode ever. She's flying in Y. (and is on my original flight which got delayed till 7pm)

She starts ****** about how they don't just repair the plane, or swap out the plane, or proactively put her on an earlier flight. She's literally going postal and causing a scene at the gate. The GA was very calm about it, and said the flight was full. Then she was like...well, then kick someone else off. Anyways, the GA handled it very well - doing things like not being confronting, trying to lead her to a quieter location and away from the gate.

I got so pissed off over it I walked over and started to tell her how it worked. Wearing a company shirt, pissing off pissed off customers. Kindly **** off lady. She kept going on and on about AC service.

There are many morons in this world. She was one of them. Planes are full leaving YYC on a Friday this time of day. DUHHH.

If I weren't wearing a company shirt, I would have gone off the rails. We give GA's a hard time, for things like zonal boarding, but man, the crap they put up with?

I hope she ends up sitting next to me. No wifi on this bird. Even though the WIFI logo exists on the hull. Sigh. If she ends up sitting next to me, I may continue tearing her a new one.
Seems like AC had more than one mechanical today. A yyz/yul flight around 11AM departed and retuned to YYZ.PAX were originally not offered anything until much late today and some only tomorrow. Finally the fund a replacement Aircraft and the flight left at about 3PM. My source tells me there were loud DYKWIA types at that gate as well.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 5:02 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hello again
Seems like AC had more than one mechanical today. A yyz/yul flight around 11AM departed and retuned to YYZ.PAX were originally not offered anything until much late today and some only tomorrow. Finally the fund a replacement Aircraft and the flight left at about 3PM. My source tells me there were loud DYKWIA types at that gate as well.
This just blows my mind. They're flying Y like twice a year (she had no status). They are NOTHING to Air Canada. They mean NOTHING. Why do they feel like AC owes them anything?

This was essentially the core of my message to her. She did not like my message Going on and on about a crown corporation...sigh. lady, shut up. I hope she doesn't make this flight and she gets delayed until 2020.

I did thank the GA later for how he handled stuff. I gave him my card, and asked him to write me so I can say my thank yous about this situation.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 6:19 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
No wifi on this bird. Even though the WIFI logo exists on the hull. Sigh.
Only at AC

This just blows my mind. They're flying Y like twice a year (she had no status). They are NOTHING to Air Canada. They mean NOTHING. Why do they feel like AC owes them anything?

This was essentially the core of my message to her. She did not like my message Going on and on about a crown corporation...sigh. lady, shut up. I hope she doesn't make this flight and she gets delayed until 2020.

I did thank the GA later for how he handled stuff. I gave him my card, and asked him to write me so I can say my thank yous about this situation.
Pulling a DYKWIA when there's no way they would know who you are? That's rich.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 6:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by adam.smith
Only at AC
In case you're serious, that happened to my on United less than a month ago.

Pulling a DYKWIA when there's no way they would know who you are? That's rich.
Agreed.

I heard from a GA that a certain AC exec literally said "Do you know who I am?" to this GA once. The GA said "No"

The GA had to go home and look it up later
Old Jul 31, 2015, 7:09 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I ran into IRROPs no less than three times this week. Really lost a lot of sleep over it (literally). Maybe I should try to have a less insane schedule.

Anyway.

I was in YUL, there was a WX event, I'd been waiting for 3 hours+ at this point. I found some AC agents that had just finished boarding a flight (they were very thin on the ground with hundreds of pissed off PAX, so they made themselves scarce). I walked up to the two agents and said I wanted to be rebooked for tomorrow and have AC give me a hotel. "Why would we give you a hotel? We're busy go away and wait like everyone else."

So this was before they'd looked at my BP, so they thought I was an AC nothing. Then instead of DYKWIA, I mentioned that the concierge had said I could have a hotel at any time. Of course their tune changed and they gave me a few minutes of their time...

So another question, while AC really did try to take care of me during IRROPs, (non WX related ones later in the week), it really sucked! Through a flight cancellation and then my rebooked flight being delayed causing me to mis-connect, they managed to turn the reasonable 9.5 hour overnight layover I'd originally booked into an unreasonable 3.5 hour layover. This allowed me to get 2.5 hours of sleep, and that was pushing it I almost missed the outbound flight. Not to mention it involved me them flying me out of another airport that was a 3 hour drive from where I was scheduled to fly out of, otherwise I would have completely missed the window to get my job done and the point of my trip. Can I get some added compensation if I bother complaining?

Last edited by Nitehawk; Jul 31, 2015 at 7:40 pm
Old Jul 31, 2015, 10:10 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
In case you're serious, that happened to my on United less than a month ago.
I was. SAP's comment implied that the WiFi equipment didn't exist. Painting the logo on without the equipment being on board seems like an AC thing to do.

Are you saying that on your UA flight, the WiFi didn't work (which happens from time to time) or that the equipment wasn't there?
Old Aug 1, 2015, 12:46 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
According to SFette, I can go to a Maid Cafe if she gets to go to a host bar.

For some reason, I feel like I get the short end of the stick on that deal lol!
LOL I'd try out both a maid cafe and a host bar

You can still come out ahead of the game. Bring your wife to http://www.butlers-cafe.jp/
Old Aug 1, 2015, 1:03 am

See, look, SAP, not dead in here at all, 3 posts after midnight Eastern by two different people
Old Aug 1, 2015, 2:26 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
See, look, SAP, not dead in here at all, 3 posts after midnight Eastern by two different people
LOL i'm only up because I stayed up so late the past few nights partying with the interns. Too bad I didn't "bill clinton"-ize any of them
Old Aug 1, 2015, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I'm up because it's early evening here in Tokyo! 時差ぼけは大変ですね。

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.