Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:23 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
So err....let's say you're in YYZ, then how do you get around the "where do you live" question? Because if you say...well, i'm all over Canada (or wherever - essentially the truth). You're screwed (not in the sense that you want either)
The truth works! Just not always, but I'll take those odds.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
So err....let's say you're in YYZ, then how do you get around the "where do you live" question? Because if you say...well, i'm all over Canada (or wherever - essentially the truth). You're screwed (not in the sense that you want either)
Not if her name is Canada.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 10:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Not if her name is Canada.
Oh Nomad...
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:36 am

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Flying into YVR from PVG on the 3rd... what a mess! Only 1 Nexus machine working, and personnel were inviting 1 person at a time to cut into the regular passport-scanning kiosks.

They then decided to lead a dozen people and open 1 counter at the end for the regular interview with the customs officer. Of course, I was the 13th and directed to join the regular line.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yqtyyz
Flying into YVR from PVG on the 3rd... what a mess! Only 1 Nexus machine working, and personnel were inviting 1 person at a time to cut into the regular passport-scanning kiosks.

They then decided to lead a dozen people and open 1 counter at the end for the regular interview with the customs officer. Of course, I was the 13th and directed to join the regular line.
Yeah, that's YVR for yah.

A real piece of crap of an airport when it comes to customs and security.

Absolutely the worst.

Also, if you get worked up about it, the'll taze the crap out of you.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 5:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Yeah, that's YVR for yah.

A real piece of crap of an airport when it comes to customs and security.

Absolutely the worst.

Also, if you get worked up about it, the'll taze the crap out of you.
I still prefer YVR to YYZ...
Old Aug 4, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like YVR over YYZ hands down as an airport.

It's the security and customs that blows complete woolly mammoth dung with maggots.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:29 pm

+1000000000000000000000000000000000

And of course, going from INTL-DOM, I get pulled for a random security check complete with nude-o scope while others trot through unpestered.

Next time, I'm exiting the connections area and checking back in through the normal channels.

yyznomad, VAA=pathetic! I'm adding that to my signature line right now.

It's the security and customs that blows complete woolly mammoth dung with maggots.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
You guys with your Canadian passports and whatnot have absolutely nothing to complain about YVR.

Imagine landing right after 2 flights from China and having to line up at regular immigration.

IMAGINE THAT.

I've spent way too much time in that goddamn lineup.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:36 pm

YVR is pleasant enough (there's a nice big washroom near the BA lounge that is usually empty when I need a pre-flight shave), but I don't like the long walks after deplaning.

The swing gates at D50, 52, etc. are also way too cramped given the current renovations there. and boarding AC7 to HKG is a mess when the plane is parked at the gate with the one bridge.

Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

So...in your signature line, you call out YYZ and YVR, so that means you like every other airport right? If not, you have to list every airport you don't like in your signature...oh wait
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Smiley90
You guys with your Canadian passports and whatnot have absolutely nothing to complain about YVR.

Imagine landing right after 2 flights from China and having to line up at regular immigration.

IMAGINE THAT.

I've spent way too much time in that goddamn lineup.
Although I do feel bad for you, we're pissing about two Canadian airports... one at the Centre of the Universe, and the other at the Centre of Commercial Drive.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So...in your signature line, you call out YYZ and YVR, so that means you like every other airport right? If not, you have to list every airport you don't like in your signature...oh wait
I said GTAA and VAA suck. But whatever.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yqtyyz
+1000000000000000000000000000000000

And of course, going from INTL-DOM, I get pulled for a random security check complete with nude-o scope while others trot through unpestered.

Next time, I'm exiting the connections area and checking back in through the normal channels.

yyznomad, VAA=pathetic! I'm adding that to my signature line right now.
When I transfer Int'l to Dom at YVRot, I go to true landside to avoid that stupid tunnel hallway that has a one and only scanner operational each time without priority lanes and the such - and the CATSA agents who handle that line/machine absolutely stink up the place like a Herbert the Pervert.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I said GTAA and VAA suck. But whatever.
Joke gone wrong Nevermind ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.