Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2015, 6:29 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by maradori
LOL i'm only up because I stayed up so late the past few nights partying with the interns. Too bad I didn't "bill clinton"-ize any of them
Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I'm sure she knows not all sticks are short.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~~~!!!

(although, I would have said "she could always make your stick bigger")

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
[...]
I was in YUL, there was a WX event, I'd been waiting for 3 hours+ at this point. I found some AC agents that had just finished boarding a flight (they were very thin on the ground with hundreds of pissed off PAX, so they made themselves scarce). I walked up to the two agents and said I wanted to be rebooked for tomorrow and have AC give me a hotel. "Why would we give you a hotel? We're busy go away and wait like everyone else." [...]
Was this during the lightning storm? It was pretty intense.

My "sources" tell me that YUL was a complete mess this pas few days with all the delays, and everyone was playing catch up for a while.

You know that feces are hitting the fan when the departures board show 10+ flight leaving after midnight at YUL.

LOL I'd try out both a maid cafe and a host bar

You can still come out ahead of the game. Bring your wife to http://www.butlers-cafe.jp/
Looks Maradori does not live on a one-way street LOL

Online reservation - EIGO~!

LOL i'm only up because I stayed up so late the past few nights partying with the interns. Too bad I didn't "bill clinton"-ize any of them
Hope you're not planning to go for re election LOL
Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:17 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by adam.smith
See, look, SAP, not dead in here at all, 3 posts after midnight Eastern by two different people
I was out like a light after my flight so didn't catch this until now.... I guess I shall partake tonight
Old Aug 1, 2015, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I'm clearly in the wrong line of work.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~~~!!!

Hope you're not planning to go for re election LOL
For many Japenese, the "l" is typically pronounced as "r"...
Old Aug 1, 2015, 12:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I'm clearly in the wrong line of work.
Depends on what you like working on
Old Aug 1, 2015, 1:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by adam.smith
I was. SAP's comment implied that the WiFi equipment didn't exist. Painting the logo on without the equipment being on board seems like an AC thing to do.

Are you saying that on your UA flight, the WiFi didn't work (which happens from time to time) or that the equipment wasn't there?
Ah, I interpreted it to mean the wifi just didn't work.

The same way I've seen posts like "There was no IFE on my flight".

Comments like that are why I refuse to talk about so many things on the internet.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Depends on what you like working on
"in" or "on"?
Old Aug 1, 2015, 9:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

"in" or "on"?
We all have our preferences
Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Oh, uhh, side tangent. Just started watching the Silicon Valley TV show. Just starting Season 1. Pretty cool show. If people are bored and don't know what to watch, I would suggest that

They rip off so much crap though. The offices are essentially the ones from Google. They rip off something else in that TV show that are essentially exactly like what my employer uses. Like, wow. Original?

But anyways, it's no House of Cards, but it's something to watch while Big Bang is off air Oh Penny how I miss you, even with your ridiculous short hair
Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, uhh, side tangent. Just started watching the Silicon Valley TV show. Just starting Season 1. Pretty cool show. If people are bored and don't know what to watch, I would suggest that

They rip off so much crap though. The offices are essentially the ones from Google. They rip off something else in that TV show that are essentially exactly like what my employer uses. Like, wow. Original?

But anyways, it's no House of Cards, but it's something to watch while Big Bang is off air Oh Penny how I miss you, even with your ridiculous short hair
What do you mean by Big Bang is "off air"?
Old Aug 1, 2015, 11:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

What do you mean by Big Bang is "off air"?
I'm lost. They are off air. As in no active shows?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm lost. They are off air. As in no active shows?
Ok. I thought maybe you meant that the show was retired or something.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://t.thestar.com/#/article/news/...ladelphia.html

Of course would only happen in America. I bet it was that Cecil-killing dentist that did it. You know - "taking of the robot" for bits and kickles.

They should've put the bot in Japan - they would try to fix it or enhance/upgrade it instead of destroying it.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How do I find out when the occasional widebody (that is NOT a HD) is used for a YVR YYZ redeye (typically 156)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.