Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
@SAP

Now I know why you have no energy to fly... you spend it all on complaining and writing emails and letters and the such.

If I did this each time I felt I was given poor service or someone was not doing their job, I'd have maradori //wrists by now.
Bah. I edited my post prior to your reply I think (based on post timings and what we get away with an edit before it shows up at one). Poor service is one thing. This was something else. Man if YOU were at the secret private Micro Do, I think you would have just shot up the place. And then //wrist
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Bah. I edited my post prior to your reply I think (based on post timings and what we get away with an edit before it shows up at one). Poor service is one thing. This was something else. Man if YOU were at the secret private Micro Do, I think you would have just shot up the place. And then //wrist
Right. You got Mr. Smith's back.

Anyway... as for the YYC DO you guys organized at the Palliser - good food and good service.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite

Anyway... as for the YYC DO you guys organized at the Palliser - good food and good service.
Thanks! It was a team effort for sure. Not just on our side (as FTers) but the Fairmont team really went above and beyond. I made sure I made that clear to the Fairmont team! (hence the thank you message)
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:24 pm

Programs: *$ Green
LOL. My Japanese isn't stellar either - a year's worth of intense learning will get you enough to survive Japan if left to your own devices. Still have lots to learn. Difficult language. Almost the complete opposite of English.

Anyway, I simply apologized for being rude in not responding to your post and that I often stay at the Westin Tokyo... but if I don't go to Tokyo then it's Osaka. Then I asked where you are.
I am very sadly not going to Osaka this year.

I'm at the Hyatt Regency so basically , 4 stops from the Westin on the Yamanote line.

It may not be as glamorous, but at least I am walking distance (ish) from Calico Cat Café LOL

Maybe this time I will try a Monkey Cafe , or maybe a Maid café... Who knows LOL
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:08 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Maybe this time I will try a Monkey Cafe , or maybe a Maid café... Who knows LOL
duuuude totally do the maid cafe thing, then you can feel like a Tedgrrrr for an hour

ugaaa just the way they greet you and the :-: goshujinsama :-: wahhh
Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by maradori
duuuude totally do the maid cafe thing, then you can feel like a Tedgrrrr for an hour

ugaaa just the way they greet you and the :-: goshujinsama :-: wahhh
According to SFette, I can go to a Maid Cafe if she gets to go to a host bar.

For some reason, I feel like I get the short end of the stick on that deal lol!
Old Jul 31, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Oh and Top Gear (the 3 of them + Wilman) is BACK!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=atv_pr...&pf_rd_t=12805
No Oisin Tymon producing though
Old Jul 31, 2015, 11:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krayZpaving
No Oisin Tymon producing though
Good ^

Who will JC punch next?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 11:07 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Drinking again?
There were no caesars had at Caesar's. One of us did have a few G&Ts, but was totally in control.

Ohhh, more drama!

So, it turns out that the sneaky little buggers at Caesar's only called me today. Most likely because a Fairmont person called Caesar's (according to the Fairmont they send a lot of business there way). They did not call Adam.

[...]

The restaurant had both of our business cards, with our phone numbers. Adam's job title is cooler than mine too, and he dines there a lot more than I do. Wrong move Caesar's.

So for me, I'm never going back. Service recovery fail.
I'm willing to give them until today to see whether they contact me - I assume they don't read FT and perhaps they just contacted you first - but it is a disappointing attempt at rectifying the situation on their end. Very surprising.

Based on the weird back and forth experience that SAP is having with getting the situation rectified, I am still more inclined to do Hy's if I were to be in the area

But since you seem to know your yyc restos, I'll let you know when I'll be back.
Don't worry, I think you have fewer dietary restrictions than our Antarctic friend, we have much wider variety to choose from.

I have a one or two strike policy... pretty low tolerance for BS. Sometimes a company would call me to ask why I haven't been using their services as of late to which I give them a cathartic middle finger before explaining the reason.
My tolerance is tied to the number of times I've been there and past experiences. For places I don't have a history with, if I go once and have a terrible experience, that can pretty much permanently blackball it. If I've been there lots and been happy, I'll give them more chances, or sometimes just put them in the penalty box for a short while, although if they don't improve after some period, they'll get cut from the list.

But I'm genuinely surprised at Caesar's, I've probably been there 50+ times and never had an experience like that. So for me, they might go in the penalty box for a while, but I'm not ready to write them off permanently.

I noticed this in HKG, but I've never noticed this in my travels in Canada, but wow this forum literally is empty at night Like post...midnight EST = dead. Before then, alive. Anyways, just an observation

Tomorrow is when I drop the hammer on Caesar's for their one sided apology.

[...]

If Caesar's 'erred me, fine, whatever. The fact that they annoyed a friend too, bah, I will resolve this my way tomorrow. Not acceptable.
Maybe give them until COB today just in case they do reach out to me?

I really had nothing to do with it, SAP did everything.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 11:15 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adam.smith
T
Maybe give them until COB today just in case they do reach out to me?
I just called them to reach out. They said they sent out the gift card but they admitted to not calling you. I told them to reach out to you and they said it's because I'm the main contact? For real? Let's see what happens
Old Jul 31, 2015, 11:17 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I just called them to reach out. They said they sent out the gift card but they admitted to not calling you. I told them to reach out to you and they said it's because I'm the main contact? For real? Let's see what happens
Interesting that you're the "main contact" since the reservation was under my name

But then again, I don't have the weight of the Palliser behind me!
Old Jul 31, 2015, 11:20 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Interesting that you're the "main contact" since the reservation was under my name

But then again, I don't have the weight of the Palliser behind me!
Yeah. I suspect that the weight of the Palliser is what caused them to reach out to me. That's why I was mad yesterday. It's not a genuine apology if that's the case. They're worried about losing business from there as opposed to saying "sorry" to us. Sigh. Oh well, drama for FT
Old Jul 31, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
You mean Caesar's, right?

There can be good money in it. When I was going to FRA last month, overheard the calls for a YYC-YXE flight. They were offering $800 for someone willing to go about 3 hours later. If I had been on that flight, I would have taken it in a heartbeat.

Don't you usually get to YVR a day early?
Ya I didn't get VDB'd. It's actually never happened for me lol. I've tried maybe 3x. Anytime they offer I have somewhere to be.

Once I got to YVR I asked to stay overnight and they changed my ticket for me. Nice guys and gals at AC. Maybe having a full Y ticket helped.

Then I went for a Vesper and the bartender started calling me Mr. Bond at the Jetside.

And I think you mean a week early, Mr. Smith!
Old Jul 31, 2015, 1:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nitehawk

Then I went for a Vesper and the bartender started calling me Mr. Bond at the Jetside.

And I think you mean a week early, Mr. Smith!
That drink has now become this forums' favorite Best Vesper is at the Fairmont YVR.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
According to SFette, I can go to a Maid Cafe if she gets to go to a host bar.

For some reason, I feel like I get the short end of the stick on that deal lol!
I'm sure she knows not all sticks are short.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.