Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Awww... hey now... what's with the アナチダエ cleansing?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:16 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Wow, you're literally actually flying with the airline that I hate most on this planet. (UA). I dunno how you do it. My wrist would have actually been slit by this point.
You should have seen me back in 2013. Flew 90K BIS on UA, 10K on AC (wonder why there's the AC minimum mile requirement?). 2010, 2011, 2012 was like 33K BIS UA 2K BIS AC (sfo-yvr-yyz-yvr-sfo = 4 segment minimum)

Come to think of it, I wonder how I haven't //wrist yet

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Great, so when's the next DO? hmm?
Someone feed the cow lots of alcohol so we can trick him into organizing a SFO DO

Originally Posted by 24left
Since February, I've been suggesting doing a Do @ 40,000.)
I suggest we occupy an entire J section as to not piss off the other peon J pax
I'm interested in this idea

Hopefully we choose a long flight (maybe even tpac!?) and before Feb 29, 2016 so I can still IKK it
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by maradori

I'm interested in this idea

Hopefully we choose a long flight (maybe even tpac!?) and before Feb 29, 2016 so I can still IKK it
If TPAC, then yes, between January 1 and Febuary 29, 2016 inclusive would be good.

How's your CTS doing?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I'm done grad school in November and coming back from Europe December 30, so give me until January... 2nd to sleep off my hangover please
Old Jul 25, 2015, 12:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Great, so when's the next DO? hmm?
Originally Posted by maradori
Someone feed the cow lots of alcohol so we can trick him into organizing a SFO DO
Who told you what I was planning?

It's a targeted offer. If you don't receive the email, you don't get the points.

I mean invitation.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 11:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Smiley90
I'm done grad school in November and coming back from Europe December 30, so give me until January... 2nd to sleep off my hangover please
Have fun and make bad choices
Old Jul 25, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: *$ Green
DuCk

dUcK

GOOSE!
MuCk

mUcK

MOOSE!
FOOSE!

You see SAP?

The answer to tolerate all this flying is to take drugs.

And not the cheap stuff, you have to go for the hard stuff. Bonus points for crack.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
You see SAP?

And not the cheap stuff, you have to go for the hard stuff. Bonus points for crack.
Bee again was in town...
Old Jul 25, 2015, 4:35 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
You see SAP?

Good advice
Old Jul 25, 2015, 7:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
You see SAP?

So what happens if CATSA catches you with drugs?
Old Jul 25, 2015, 7:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
So what happens if CATSA catches you with drugs?
I guess SparseFlyer believes YOLO or he wants to be thoroughly inspected due to lack of....uhh ill stop while I'm ahead
Old Jul 25, 2015, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now at the NH HND J lounge... it's a frickin' zoo here! But civilized zoo at that.
I have never seen this lounge this busy before... somehow the staff are keeping up and don't look flustered. Hopefully it the crowd wanes a bit in the next couple of hours.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 8:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Now at the NH HND J lounge... it's a frickin' zoo here! But civilized zoo at that.
I have never seen this lounge this busy before... somehow the staff are keeping up and don't look flustered. Hopefully it the crowd wanes a bit in the next couple of hours.

How are the chicken nuggets?

Are the attendants attentive?
Anyone drop a spoon and 6 of them rush to pick it up?
Old Jul 25, 2015, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
How are the chicken nuggets?

Are the attendants attentive?
Anyone drop a spoon and 6 of them rush to pick it up?
Chicken nuggets are nice and tasty Goes well with the black squid ink noodles.

No, it was 10 of them the rushed to pick the spoon up and then 5 of them to wipe the spot where it fell

So bloody hot and humid here in Tokyo (no surprise, but still, unbearable)... drank way too much last night at an izakaya and paying for it now
Old Jul 25, 2015, 8:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Chicken nuggets are nice and tasty Goes well with the black squid ink noodles.

No, it was 10 of them the rushed to pick the spoon up and then 5 of them to wipe the spot where it fell

So bloody hot and humid here in Tokyo (no surprise, but still, unbearable)... drank way too much last night at an izakaya and paying for it now

LOL

Mmmmmmmm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.