Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
a l'eau quoi?

I never said that I hate travel. I said that I hate people when I travel
SORRY for the confusion.

I was saying that I needed to vent, and I vented on this thread because you do (and that's totally cool by me). I just...freaking lost it this morning. Lonely, need a penguin to hug

I felt much better after the fact So please continue!! Oh and next week you will be in for a surprise!!
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
SORRY for the confusion.

I was saying that I needed to vent, and I vented on this thread because you do (and that's totally cool by me). I just...freaking lost it this morning. Lonely, need a penguin to hug

I felt much better after the fact So please continue!! Oh and next week you will be in for a surprise!!
What happened this morning?

I will be in for a surprise? Let me let you in on something... I hate surprises.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
What happened this morning?

I will be in for a surprise? Let me let you in on something... I hate surprises.
So PM me an email address. Jeez i've been like BEGGING you for months.

I promise you this will be a good surprise. I don't promise things usually, but this one is a sincere promise.

This morning? I went back to work. I stared at my frigging bag and what would have taken me 5 minutes to pack took me over an hour. I just couldn't do it.

I'm broken, shattered, and now posting this from a frigging hotel. If FT rules allowed me to swear, I would.

I can't do this anymore. I just can't. Depressing as this may be, the things that kept me going?

Mrs. SAP. A few other FTers on my flight and for dinner tonight and the fact that (as i just noticed for the first time b/c it's not winter). The women here just...

Blow.My.Mind.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
So PM me an email address. Jeez i've been like BEGGING you for months.

I promise you this will be a good surprise. I don't promise things usually, but this one is a sincere promise.

This morning? I went back to work. I stared at my frigging bag and what would have taken me 5 minutes to pack took me over an hour. I just couldn't do it.

I'm broken, shattered, and now posting this from a frigging hotel. If FT rules allowed me to swear, I would.

I can't do this anymore. I just can't. Depressing as this may be, the things that kept me going?

Mrs. SAP. A few other FTers on my flight and for dinner tonight and the fact that (as i just noticed for the first time b/c it's not winter). The women here just...

Blow.My.Mind.
I just completed my 1,500th Starwood night in Tokyo.

People here go "oh feel so sorry for you yyznomad etc etc"

But most don't get it. I enjoy doing the travel and I know people in almost every city I go to. If I had a facebook page, I would be the ultimate narc and post a million pictures... but oh wait... I don't and I'm not.

I say make the best of it... or, find a new job
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I just completed my 1,500th Starwood night in Tokyo.

People here go "oh feel so sorry for you yyznomad etc etc"

But most don't get it. I enjoy doing the travel and I know people in almost every city I go to. If I had a facebook page, I would be the ultimate narc and post a million pictures... but oh wait... I don't and I'm not.

I say make the best of it... or, find a new job
I know. I'm working on it.

I don't know how you do it. I just don't. It floors me. Dude, I have my own room at most hotels I stay at in Canada.

I dunno. I miss Mrs. SAP. I miss a normal life. But I do LOVE meeting other FTers. So give and take, but I'm sorta done with this job. Love the employer, don't love this garbage though.

But if you think about it, we would have never met if the circumstances were different
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know. I'm working on it.

I don't know how you do it. I just don't. It floors me. Dude, I have my own room at most hotels I stay at in Canada.

I dunno. I miss Mrs. SAP. I miss a normal life. But I do LOVE meeting other FTers. So give and take, but I'm sorta done with this job. Love the employer, don't love this garbage though.

But if you think about it, we would have never met if the circumstances were different
Your priorities are different than mine. I don't have a Mrs. yyznomad and I sure as he!l don't plan to have one for a very long time

Oh, and I passed 300K AQM for 2015 yesterday
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Your priorities are different than mine. I don't have a Mrs. yyznomad and I sure as he!l don't plan to have one for a very long time

Congrats Nomad!! I look forward to catching up with you next week!! ^

I still can't wait for the look on your face though. I won't ruin the surprise, unless you want to PM me your email

Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:30 pm

Programs: *$ Green

Will there be a second Mr. Yyznomad then? Lol

Because that's ok.

PS: SAP. Please. Today was your first day back at work, and I am sure it was the best "back to work" day you will have for a while!

Last edited by SparseFlyer; Jul 15, 2015 at 7:16 am
Old Jul 15, 2015, 4:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Man this thread is really just the two of you going back and forth, huh?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 5:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
You're welcome to join anytime!
Old Jul 15, 2015, 5:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
You're welcome to join anytime!
I would, but this is my last sane and impartial post. With my next message I agree to conform to the rules of the AC FT 10k club.

I will berate any newbie poster with less that 500 posts with condescending remarks about their uselessness to the forum.

I will treat anyone who disagrees with me as crap and tell them they are wrong, even when they make valid and logical arguments.

I will in no way support Air Canada or suggest that they are ever a good choice to fly or that Altitude is ever a good choice of frequent flyer programs.

I will immediately and with a vengeance crash down upon anyone who has anything positive to say about AC.

I will treat anyone as an imbecile who flies AC using their own money.

It’s been fun.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:13 am
Formerly known as tireman77

I would, but this is my last sane and impartial post. With my next message I agree to conform to the rules of the AC FT 10k club.

I will berate any newbie poster with less that 500 posts with condescending remarks about their uselessness to the forum.

I will treat anyone who disagrees with me as crap and tell them they are wrong, even when they make valid and logical arguments.

I will in no way support Air Canada or suggest that they are ever a good choice to fly or that Altitude is ever a good choice of frequent flyer programs.

I will immediately and with a vengeance crash down upon anyone who has anything positive to say about AC.

I will treat anyone as an imbecile who flies AC using their own money.

It’s been fun.
It was good knowing you, sir. But I understand this must be. The genuine canadiancow will be missed.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PLeblond
It was good knowing you, sir. But I understand this must be. The genuine canadiancow will be missed.
+1. Who knows what airline he will be flying now. He's been mad for a while, mad at airline concierges, mad at zonal boarding, just mad in general.

He will be missed.

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Jul 15, 2015 at 6:42 am
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep - off topic lounge forum thread - that's what it's for.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

+1. Who knows what airline he will be flying now. He's been mad for a while, mad at airline concierges, mad at zonal boarding, just mad in general.

He will be missed.
So he has BSE/CJD and you have APS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.