Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yep - off topic lounge forum thread - that's what it's for.
He USED our conversation to get to his 9999 post.

//sigh. Feeling so used. Sad face
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
He USED our conversation to get to his 9999 post.

//sigh. Feeling so used. Sad face
Yeah I know

It's like... a compliment and insult at the same time
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
So he has BSE/CJD and you have APS
APS?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
APS?
Angry Penguin Syndrome
I guess I could have used H5N1 but it doesn't sound as fun.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Angry Penguin Syndrome
I guess I could have used H5N1 but it doesn't sound as fun.
Hahaha. I suspected as such but couldn't be sure
Old Jul 15, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I would, but this is my last sane and impartial post. With my next message I agree to conform to the rules of the AC FT 10k club.

I will berate any newbie poster with less that 500 posts with condescending remarks about their uselessness to the forum.

I will treat anyone who disagrees with me as crap and tell them they are wrong, even when they make valid and logical arguments.

I will in no way support Air Canada or suggest that they are ever a good choice to fly or that Altitude is ever a good choice of frequent flyer programs.

I will immediately and with a vengeance crash down upon anyone who has anything positive to say about AC.

I will treat anyone as an imbecile who flies AC using their own money.

It’s been fun.
D@mmit. Just as I was starting to warm up to your beef.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 9:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I am eagerly awaiting Cow's next post...
Old Jul 15, 2015, 9:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I am eagerly awaiting Cow's next post...
Better be more steak than sizzle.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 10:40 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tcook052
Better be more steak than sizzle.
That made "laugh of the day" for me
Old Jul 16, 2015, 8:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

This is in follow up to a few posts in the SPG and AC thread that if I replied to them would be way OT, so I'll quote them below and then post a reply. I'm not sure if it's allowed to quote in one thread and post in another...1st time!

Originally Posted by lostinthewash
I have reached the point where I love stay-at-home status more than I love hotel status. At the moment, i'm sitting in yet another generic close-to-the-airport hotel, wishing I was less jet-lagged, wishing I didn't have my TATL flight to get through tomorrow, wishing I'd been able to eat something home made rather than lounge/room service food ...

Vacation? You couldn't pay me to stay in a hotel anywhere. "Mom .. I need the cottage for a week". That's about as exciting as I want my vacation to be.

Kudos to the road warriors who do this year over year. I have not your fortitude.
Originally Posted by CanRulez
Yeah very true...it does take its toll after awhile. I've been on the road close to 140 nights this year and it's only July.
I used to love travel. Last year I clocked around 200 or so nights. I have top tier hotel status on every hotel chain I want to be. I remember the first year hitting Elite 50, then 75, etc etc and I found myself liking it less and less.

I took the last month or so off to try and recuperate and now am in YUL for work. Writing at the hotel in bed. This is my first week back at work after some time off. Yeah I flew in my time off but not for more than 1 night at a time.

Man it hit me hard today. I think i'm going to throw in the towel with this travel thing. I have no idea how the hell people do it for like decades, like the guy with 10 million miles on UA?

I mean, there's only so much you can do on a plane. There's only so much you can do on the road. And then what? The rest is sheer total isolation. I'm fortunate (and honored) to have fellow FTers to converse with, but man, traveling for business officially sucks.

So like CanRulez and lostinthewash, it freaking takes its toll. I remember when I was in University reading the AC FT board and I was like...wow, those guys/gals live such cool lives flying for business, I HOPE, I BEG to be one of them.

Now that i've lived the life, man I didn't know how arduous business travel was. It BLOWS. Officially hit rock bottom today. But like they say in life, one has to make choices. I'm bad at making choices, but I suspect the choices will be made for me....

To those of you who have been doing this longer than I have, I ask...."how"? Mrs. SAP and I were going to try and help address the loneliness when i'm on the road, but Skype is Skype, and the phone is the phone. There's nothing like being able to hold someone. I think SAP has finally reached his breaking point...

Ah, but I am SOOO looking forward to the YYC Do. So there are certain MAJOR upsides!! Plus next week i'm at the Palliser. Everyone at the Palliser knows me by first name and the same return, (and the names of their kids) . I used to be proud about this, now i'm like...wow dude, get a life. (that's pathetic)

//rant over

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Jul 16, 2015 at 8:23 pm
Old Jul 16, 2015, 8:40 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I tried Tinder when travelling for the first time last week and it worked!
Old Jul 16, 2015, 8:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Mrs. SAP doesn't need to know what Tinder is

Plus, I made a post in the OMNI board today about Tinder. Gah I hope NO ONE (especially Mrs. SAP) follows me there But Ian is the center of attention there, man that guy is a legend. Thankfully not everyone can access OMNI

Old Jul 16, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Mrs. SAP doesn't need to know what Tinder is
Grindr is better >:3
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maradori
Grindr is better >:3
All I know is that certain mobile phone platforms suck in this regard.

Frick what did I just do/say about our most beloved phone platform.

Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
All I know is that certain mobile phone platforms suck in this regard.

Frick what did I just do/say about our most beloved phone platform.

I've started calling my OnePlus One my Tinder phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.