Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Which store did you buy the Kit Kats at?

Also, do you know where I can get Baumkuchen (or as the Japanese say - "baumukuuhen")? When I was at HND last week I scrambled around six stores and they were either sold out or they didn't sell them.
There is a Kit-Kat haven in downtown Tokyo.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 8:15 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Which store did you buy the Kit Kats at?

Also, do you know where I can get Baumkuchen (or as the Japanese say - "baumukuuhen")? When I was at HND last week I scrambled around six stores and they were either sold out or they didn't sell them.

@yyznomad
Can you let me know if you are @ HND or NRT or in the city, so I know which locations to post. Thx

Last edited by 24left; Jun 24, 2015 at 11:36 am
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:58 am
Suspended

Paging yyznomad

see above post
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
There is a Kit-Kat haven in downtown Tokyo.
I see! Ikebukuro! Will go there next time. Woot!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left
@yyznomad
Can you let me know if you are @ HND or NRT or in the city, so I know which locations to post. Thx
Not there right now (at CDG)
Will probably be there in July... was looking for flights two weeks out but the prices doubled for J so I might have to wait a bit longer... most likely HND since NRT is such a hassle even if I get to fly on the 788... but meh... for me I'm an AC 788 veteran now... been there done that
Old Jun 24, 2015, 1:09 pm
Suspended

Not there right now (at CDG)
Will probably be there in July... was looking for flights two weeks out but the prices doubled for J so I might have to wait a bit longer... most likely HND since NRT is such a hassle even if I get to fly on the 788... but meh... for me I'm an AC 788 veteran now... been there done that

http://www.timeout.jp/en/tokyo/venue...at-Chocolatory

http://nestle.jp/brand/kit/chocolatory/store.html

At HND, I found the large duty free store on the right hand side as you walk down the corridor, had a decent selection of the 10-pack boxes, so I was happy. For a while.

NRT had many more options that I could find (since I am there more often) and along with stores in the mall (upstairs on landside) selling many flavors, there were also stores near the 50-52 gate areas and the Cafe Leo display at Gate 43. At least there, I was able to buy a variety of the single pack flavors, you know, to taste-test.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just saw 886 touchdown and taxi on the runway, from my hotel. Beautiful sight even if it is an aging 763! A bit under an hour late though.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why is it that we North Americans are obnxious loud mouths when it comes to being in hotel or airport (or other) lounges?

I'm batting 100% on this planet when it comes to witnessing or hearing we North Americans be the loudest in any lounge I've been in.

(I am quiet as hell with my Bose noise cancellers on and I can still hear their burping, snot snorting, or purely annoying loud mouth Skyping)
Old Jun 25, 2015, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

More loudmouth slobs here in the CDG Sheraton Club Lounge.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just saw 886 touchdown and taxi on the runway, from my hotel. Beautiful sight even if it is an aging 763! A bit under an hour late though.
and just saw 871 takeoff... yeah I'm bored.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Three American men (who also happen to be loudmouths) in CDG Sheraton Club Lounge right now, and one just let out a massive burp. Gotta love it.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
More loudmouth slobs here in the CDG Sheraton Club Lounge.
Every Sheraton Club lounge = bunch of pigs, usually American pigs oversees.

Man I miss my domestic flying right now. And NO MORE LOUNGES! Bunch of loudmouth slobs as you mention.

Two more weeks and then no more of this international garbage. Back to...Montreal, sigh.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Every Sheraton Club lounge = bunch of pigs, usually American pigs oversees.

Man I miss my domestic flying right now. And NO MORE LOUNGES! Bunch of loudmouth slobs as you mention.

Two more weeks and then no more of this international garbage. Back to...Montreal, sigh.
Now there are four slobs.

Interesting conversation that I never get to hear often - they are talking about their gun collection and talking about the behaviours of certain models. Don't get to hear this type of talk often!
Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Now there are four slobs.

Interesting conversation that I never get to hear often - they are talking about their gun collection and talking about the behaviours of certain models. Don't get to hear this type of talk often!
You clearly don't go to US SPG hotels with the lounges. This sort of talk is very normal. I'm not surprised this conversation has now gone oversees

I bet you they are pretty ...uhh, not horizontally challenged too.... Sweaty? Deep laughs?

Sigh. <proudly representing the US of Friggin A huh?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

(I am quiet as hell with my Bose noise cancellers on and I can still hear their burping, snot snorting, or purely annoying loud mouth Skyping)
QC's are meant to push out an inverse sound wave to cancel out noise. These work great for mid to low range sound which is constant. It's why cancelling out voices is very poor on those and other noise canceling headphones. The only thing that reduces the noise is the passive sound isolation aspect. That's it...

you'll have to pull the fire alarm to really shut them up (exercise for the year too!). Then again, the government might not be too happy with you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.