Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by sparseflyer
public service announcement:

Due to recent events, i am forced to change my current ft ac status from ac*sk 4hm (air canada supre kettle 400 miles) to ndma*35 (non-shower murderous almost e35k).

Please rest assured that i am still provisionally a member of the *sk (star kettle regroupment), and that this status is only temporary.
LOLOLOL Haha!
Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I despise TXL.

Any takers on when BER will actually open for commercial flights? 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, or 3000?
Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Public Service Announcement:

Due to recent events, I am forced to change my current FT AC status from AC*SK 4HM (Air Canada Supre Kettle 400 miles) to NDMA*35 (Non-shower Murderous Almost E35K).

Please rest assured that I am still provisionally a member of the *SK (Star Kettle Regroupment), and that this status is only temporary.
For the record, the D stands for douche, not shower.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I'm going to need to start collecting the personal cell numbers of the hot concierge agents. Sounds like a good plan in principle . Screw the call center right...
Nice, we have a Tedgrrrr replacement!
Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by maradori
Nice, we have a Tedgrrrr replacement!
Nice, he wasn't even missed. Neexxxttttt
Old Jun 27, 2015, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Nice, he wasn't even missed. Neexxxttttt
I humbly request more FA pickup attempt stories
Old Jun 27, 2015, 5:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I humbly request more FA pickup attempt stories
You're going to have to be more specific. I do have quite a few stories to share, but let's just say they weren't my type?
Old Jun 27, 2015, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're going to have to be more specific. I do have quite a few stories to share, but let's just say they weren't my type?
I was talking wrt to tedgr... can't remember when those infamous posts/thread was done...
Old Jun 27, 2015, 6:09 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I don't expect to live up to tedgrrr. I've only had a couple of opportunities to "connect" with hot SDs on their layovers, but I've always had a significant other. Not anymore...
Old Jun 27, 2015, 6:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I don't expect to live up to tedgrrr. I've only had a couple of opportunities to "connect" with hot SDs on their layovers, but I've always had a significant other. Not anymore...
Congrats on being a FREE MAN!! ^
Old Jun 27, 2015, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Today in Paris I had some pretty amazing foie gras.

(and I hate foie gras)
Old Jun 27, 2015, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've only had a couple of opportunities to "connect" with hot SDs on their layovers, but I've always had a significant other.
So do you mean, at the same time, or different times?

Old Jun 27, 2015, 7:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Today in Paris I had some pretty amazing foie gras.

(and I hate foie gras)
If you ever have a chance, go to a restaurant in Paris called Miss Ko

http://www.miss-ko.com/

Two things to try:

1) Foie gras burger. OMG OMG OMG
2) Bubble tea. I won't ruin it for you, but it will give you a tremendous mind orgasm and it will be the best and coolest drink you have in your life.

I won't ruin the surprise but OMG OMG
Old Jun 27, 2015, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I won't ruin the surprise but OMG OMG
Do you need a mop?

(as for your advice, I'll see if I can check it out tomorrow)
Old Jun 27, 2015, 7:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Do you need a mop?

(as for your advice, I'll see if I can check it out tomorrow)
Do let us know!! Be prepared to have your mind blown though, it is not the traditional bubble tea...(in every awesome way possible)

The restaurant across the road from the Prince De Galles hotel is something else too. Reasonable, one michelin star restaurant, one of the best I've been to - I enjoyed that more than that posh and stuck up 3 michelin star Alain Ducasse one (I can't remember which one, but it was in a hotel)

Breakfast at the Prince De Galles hotel is quite a treat though!

The Chinese restaurant at the Shangri La was pretty good, although i'm not sure if that's because I was sick of French food after a week...lol. Seriously overpriced though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.