Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
You clearly don't go to US SPG hotels with the lounges.
Once in a blue moon. Some Sheratons in the US have stupid little dinky lounges with absolutely sh!t food and yet are staffed by rednecks who expect tips simply for taking your plate away (with the "in-your-face" tip jug nearby).

I bet you they are pretty ...uhh, not horizontally challenged too.... Sweaty? Deep laughs?

Sigh. <proudly representing the US of Friggin A huh?
Holy. You got that one down exactly. The laughs are deep, low, and pompously long. Tall and burly types. I know one thing - they really like their guns. CNN was on in the lounge and they kept on dissing Obama and Democrats in general.

The gun talk was actually quite interesting - the details they know are pretty amazing.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Once in a blue moon. Some Sheratons in the US have stupid little dinky lounges with absolutely sh!t food and yet are staffed by rednecks who expect tips simply for taking your plate away (with the "in-your-face" tip jug nearby).
Ok, now that is a new low. I have not experienced that...thank whoever holy one believes in!

Holy. You got that one down exactly. The laughs are deep, low, and pompously long. Tall and burly types. I know one thing - they really like their guns. CNN was on in the lounge and they kept on dissing Obama and Democrats in general.

The gun talk was actually quite interesting - the details they know are pretty amazing.
Oh, the gun talks if you're ever in a Texas hotel are pretty cool. Lots of details, a WHOLE lot of conviction/belief, and yeah...if the CIA was listening in on their conversations about Obama...well...I wouldn't want to be in the same room

You should join in and talk about Obamacare. HOLY HELL do they go off. I mean, I really dislike Obamacare, I dislike the idea, and I dislike the whole concept about Canadian healthcare (for another board all together), and I have my conviction, but HOLY HELL do they bring that to a whole new level!! Makes me feel like an idiot with what I know
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
@superangrypengin - Re-enactment of R2D2

Hey SAP!

Let's re-enact our r2d2 toilet posts, shall we?

1. You post your r2d2 toilet pic here
2. I respond asking how you googled it
3. You respond to my question listed above in #2

Sound like a plan?
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
@nomad: You really need to get your PMs working....or just PM me with your email and I can bug you from time to time
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@nomad: You really need to get your PMs working....or just PM me with your email and I can bug you from time to time
No to PM because then I have to address everyone else who have been trying to PM me

I'll think about giving you my email

Now, please let us re-enact the r2d2 toilet conversation!
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:35 am
Suspended
Original Poster

No to PM because then I have to address everyone else who have been trying to PM me

I'll think about giving you my email

Now, please let us re-enact the r2d2 toilet conversation!
It's more fun googling "r2d2 hot babe" under the images tab.

All safe for work, depending on where one works
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's more fun googling "r2d2 hot babe" under the images tab.

All safe for work, depending on where one works
Whoa Nelly.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Whoa Nelly.
I'm sure Nelly is jealous. New outfit for harroween?
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm sure Nelly is jealous. New outfit for harroween?
For halloween: see-thruPO costumes
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
So I arrive at yeg today, concierge calls for me by name at the SE check-in counter, a attractive blonde (streaked not too natural). Oh Mr. Nitehawk I recognize you. I'm like "Colleen is that you?" she then tells me her actual name, which I promptly forgot. Ok nevermind I think it's Lorraine.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
So I arrive at yeg today, concierge calls for me by name at the SE check-in counter, a attractive blonde (streaked not too natural). Oh Mr. Nitehawk I recognize you. I'm like "Colleen is that you?" she then tells me her actual name, which I promptly forgot. Ok nevermind I think it's Lorraine.
So that was a fail, I take it?
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:30 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
For halloween: see-thruPO costumes
Ok, that's hilarious.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
So that was a fail, I take it?
I'm going to need to start collecting the personal cell numbers of the hot concierge agents. Sounds like a good plan in principle . Screw the call center right...

Anyway good service today in YEG, concierge that knows my name. Boarded my flight with only a personal item, and the bins were full in J. I put it under my seat and the SD actually came and asked to put it in the closet for me. Thumbs up to AC239 crew and YEG concierge team!
Old Jun 26, 2015, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I'm going to need to start collecting the personal cell numbers of the hot concierge agents. Sounds like a good plan in principle . Screw the call center right...

Anyway good service today in YEG, concierge that knows my name. Boarded my flight with only a personal item, and the bins were full in J. I put it under my seat and the SD actually came and asked to put it in the closet for me. Thumbs up to AC239 crew and YEG concierge team!
Lucky you. I always get denied the closet for storage.
And lucky you some concierges know you by face and name. No concierges system-wide give a rats @ss about me, and I'm used to it.

They do go out of their way to print my boarding pass for me.

Big resounding golf clap! Dioner Navarro golf clap, that is.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Public Service Announcement:

Due to recent events, I am forced to change my current FT AC status from AC*SK 4HM (Air Canada Supre Kettle 400 miles) to NDMA*35 (Non-shower Murderous Almost E35K).

Please rest assured that I am still provisionally a member of the *SK (Star Kettle Regroupment), and that this status is only temporary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.