Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2015, 9:39 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by pewpew
I'm a bit curious. SAP (and anyone else for whom this might be relevant): do you feel like the amount of time you spend away from home puts a strain on your relationship with your friends, family, spouse, etc.?
Looking back, I kind of a bit regret doing my 0->100K mileage runs. At an average speed of 500mph subtract 100mph due to 1. travel to/from airport, 2. connections, 3. irrops, 4. etc, each year means what, 250 hours on a plane?

At an average of 2hr per ........., I could have had 250 awesome mindblowing NSA action for the past two years I was SE

//wrist

(taking bets how quickly this message gets moderated away)
Old May 30, 2015, 12:09 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by maradori
Looking back, I kind of a bit regret doing my 0->100K mileage runs. At an average speed of 500mph subtract 100mph due to 1. travel to/from airport, 2. connections, 3. irrops, 4. etc, each year means what, 250 hours on a plane?

At an average of 2hr per ........., I could have had 250 awesome mindblowing NSA action for the past two years I was SE

//wrist

(taking bets how quickly this message gets moderated away)
and carpal tunnel syndrome?

(Betting this gets moderated away more quickly)
Old May 30, 2015, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I'm a bit curious. SAP (and anyone else for whom this might be relevant): do you feel like the amount of time you spend away from home puts a strain on your relationship with your friends, family, spouse, etc.?
For me, between 2007 and 2010 I did not fly much... in fact in 2007 I was AC*SE, then dropped to AC*A in 2008, was AC*P in 2009, and AC*E in 2010. During these years I was mostly at home in YYZ world (not much of a nomad) and had many relationships. Then in 2011 the travel started again and since then, only dates and zero relationships
Old May 30, 2015, 5:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Yes. It's almost cost my marriage and while it's hasn't caused my friends to hate me since most of them are people I visit on the road I've met quite a few on here so it balances out. My wife has more or less gotten used to it by now though. It was tough but I gotta pay the bills!
Old May 30, 2015, 9:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I didn't want to post this in another thread, but this one is important!

YYZ Dom NEXUS. It's now not a split lane when you get your bag, it's one lane. AND MIND BLOWN: bags no longer go in trays!!

I was so shocked I had to ask like 3 other people. It's confirmed. Effective as of Tuesday or Wed this last week.
Old May 30, 2015, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I didn't want to post this in another thread, but this one is important!

YYZ Dom NEXUS. It's now not a split lane when you get your bag, it's one lane. AND MIND BLOWN: bags no longer go in trays!!

I was so shocked I had to ask like 3 other people. It's confirmed. Effective as of Tuesday or Wed this last week.
Can you explain "not a split lane"... don't quite understand.

You mean they don't allow non-NEXUS overflow to go in the NEXUS lane anymore? If so, frickin' finally,
Old May 30, 2015, 9:40 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Can you explain "not a split lane"... don't quite understand.

You mean they don't allow non-NEXUS overflow to go in the NEXUS lane anymore? If so, frickin' finally,
Sorry for the confusion and double sorry that you had that impression because yes they still allow for overflow...

What I meant was...you know after you go through the security scanner you go and grab your bag? If there was an issue with your bag it used to spit your bag to another lane. So there were two lanes for you to pick up your bag. 1) If your bag is fine or 2) you're trying to smuggle something you shouldn't...

They said that there used to be a lot of false positives (i can attest to this) where the machine would move your bag to the naughty lane where it was actually fine. So now there's just one lane to pickup your bag. No more split lane for naughty bags!

Doubly happy. There's wifi on this flight! Can't expense it though
Old May 30, 2015, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry for the confusion and double sorry that you had that impression because yes they still allow for overflow...

What I meant was...you know after you go through the security scanner you go and grab your bag? If there was an issue with your bag it used to spit your bag to another lane. So there were two lanes for you to pick up your bag. 1) If your bag is fine or 2) you're trying to smuggle something you shouldn't...

They said that there used to be a lot of false positives (i can attest to this) where the machine would move your bag to the naughty lane where it was actually fine. So now there's just one lane to pickup your bag. No more split lane for naughty bags!
Ok, I had an inkling that is what you meant.
Well, at least the NEXUS security line at YYZ Dom is improving at a glacial pace.

The overflow BS is annoying.
Old May 30, 2015, 10:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Well, at least the NEXUS security line at YYZ Dom is improving at a glacial pace.

Totally agreed. Complete bull.
Old May 30, 2015, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Totally agreed. Complete bull.
GTAA and CATSA. Together they make a good clown rodeo.

(sorry for insulting any real clowns out there - honk honk)
Old May 30, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member

So you mean that when the regular line gets busy they push pax down to the Nexus line?
Old May 30, 2015, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dorian
So you mean that when the regular line gets busy they push pax down to the Nexus line?
Yep.

You've never seen that before? Happens all the time at YYZ Dom security. That NEXUS line is a half-@ssed joke at times.
Old May 30, 2015, 10:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dorian
Yep. Freaking annoying!! I'd use stronger words but I can only use them...once.
Old May 30, 2015, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep. Freaking annoying!! I'd use stronger words but I can only use them...once.
Why once? I'd use them until things improve... meaning perpetually used.

The NEXUS security line program at YVR TB is even worse believe it or not. Not because of overflow, but because of the sheer inefficiency. Such a pathetic piece of cr@p that security line is.

YYZ Dom isn't that much better except for that it is tad faster when there is no non-NEXUS BS OVERLFOW.
Old May 30, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Yep.

You've never seen that before? Happens all the time at YYZ Dom security. That NEXUS line is a half-@ssed joke at times.
Never seen it before....always a deadzone the times I transit...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.