Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2015, 3:22 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by 24left

Just the mention of the word algorithm……..
@:-)@:-)@:-)

I've just had an idea for an algorithm!
Old Aug 11, 2015, 3:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
@:-)@:-)@:-)

I've just had an idea for an algorithm!
You can't leave us hanging like that
Old Aug 11, 2015, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
You can't leave us hanging like that
You mean you can't be left well hung like that.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
How the heck do people live in TPE?

It's hot as ALL HELL
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
How the heck do people live in TPE?

It's hot as ALL HELL
Welcome to Southeast Asia, my cold penguin friend.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Welcome to Southeast Asia, my cold penguin friend.
I'm like dying. No wonder you wear so much in Canada!
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm like dying. No wonder you wear so much in Canada!
When I travel to NRT/HND at this time of year, I make sure to drink lots of water, walk much slower, carry wetnaps to cool off, and wear only a dress shirt instead of a jacket or cardigan. I stand on people movers.

Oh, and I take at least two showers a day.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

When I travel to NRT/HND at this time of year, I make sure to drink lots of water, walk much slower, carry wetnaps to cool off, and wear only a dress shirt instead of a jacket or cardigan. I stand on people movers.

Oh, and I take at least two showers a day.
Good tips! I'm definitely walking slower and I did plan on two showers a day! This is brutal!

Ah well. Trying to enjoy it
Old Aug 12, 2015, 12:31 am

Programs: *$ Green
We are carrying wet naps and a water bottle!

A charged up SUICA can be a life saver too.

But although I find it super hot outside, there are so many places with AC that I don't find it difficult (except for Akihabara where the AC in the Tokyo Metro station broke down lol).

It's too bad I could get myself to drive to a beach or something to cool off one day lol
Old Aug 12, 2015, 1:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
We are carrying wet naps and a water bottle!

A charged up SUICA can be a life saver too.

But although I find it super hot outside, there are so many places with AC that I don't find it difficult (except for Akihabara where the AC in the Tokyo Metro station broke down lol).

It's too bad I could get myself to drive to a beach or something to cool off one day lol
Yeah. Heatstroke and immense confusion = cabbed back to the hotel where it's a nice 19.5'C.

I'm actually freezing my bottom off....but whatever.

I've never been to Asia in recent years in the summer. Never again

PS I have no idea how some of you do the whole TPAC thing. I'm wrecked - jet lag, temperature changes etc. I'm about to go to bed and it's 3:25pm here. I don't care. I'm wrecked. To imagine how some of you have to work the next day, that's nuts. What do you do? Force yourself to stay awake? To hell with that!

I never realized why I actually LIKE chain hotels. Typing this and it feels nice to be "home". (as I live at Westins). I can forget I'm in TPE right now
Old Aug 12, 2015, 2:06 am

Programs: *$ Green
Well, I don't work here so I can't comment on that, but being in J and hitting 6-8h of sleep really helps, especially combined with AC's timetable.

Leave at 2pm, eat and get to bed by 4pm local (4am Asia). Pop a melatonin and sleep, then wake up 8h later (12pm Asia). Land around 4pm, go to hotel, check-in, go out to eat, watch a few silly shows and pass out.

You will most likely wake up at 5am the next day, but you are already way better off.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 2:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Well, I don't work here so I can't comment on that, but being in J and hitting 6-8h of sleep really helps, especially combined with AC's timetable.

Leave at 2pm, eat and get to bed by 4pm local (4am Asia). Pop a melatonin and sleep, then wake up 8h later (12pm Asia). Land around 4pm, go to hotel, check-in, go out to eat, watch a few silly shows and pass out.

You will most likely wake up at 5am the next day, but you are already way better off.
I think it's because I get to TPE (if it weren't late) at 4:45am. I'm still trying to stay up. I'm about to fail, but hey I tried. I figure if I go to bed at around 6pm, i'll wake up at 6am...if I try really hard. So we'll see.

Last year I ended up making that AC culture change thread because I was trying to stay awake. Not doing that again this year

EDIT: Holy gee this forum is dead this time of day (5:14am EST)

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Aug 12, 2015 at 3:14 am
Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah. Heatstroke and immense confusion = cabbed back to the hotel where it's a nice 19.5'C.

PS I have no idea how some of you do the whole TPAC thing. I'm wrecked - jet lag, temperature changes etc. I'm about to go to bed and it's 3:25pm here. I don't care. I'm wrecked. To imagine how some of you have to work the next day, that's nuts. What do you do? Force yourself to stay awake? To hell with that!

I never realized why I actually LIKE chain hotels. Typing this and it feels nice to be "home". (as I live at Westins). I can forget I'm in TPE right now
Consider I do TPAC at least once a month and TATL otherwise, I guess that makes you a pure rookie

Such a E75K pleb you are
Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:45 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Consider I do TPAC at least once a month and TATL otherwise, I guess that makes you a pure rookie

Such a E75K pleb you are
Yeah I know. I kept thinking how i was such a pleb the whole time. Now I'm jet lagged at 2am. Sighz
Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat

If you are at the Westin TPE the 10th floor bar and pool might help to keep you awake for some time till its actually time to fall asleep

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.