Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:49 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2576 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

I go to PEI for the first time next week; I'm excited
Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by pewpew
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2576 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

I go to PEI for the first time next week; I'm excited
Have a mussel? I honesty don't know what to say. Why are you so excited? The city that surprised me the most in Canada was Fredericton. The only province I haven't been to is PEI. Anyways, if you ever go to Fredericton, stay at the Delta. It's surprisingly amazing. ^

On another note, shopping malls here freak me out (in Asia). There's like a million staff members, and they don't leave you alone!!!!!!!! GRR. I was hounded the entire time. I dislike the way they deal with shoppers here.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Have a mussel? I honesty don't know what to say. Why are you so excited? The city that surprised me the most in Canada was Fredericton. The only province I haven't been to is PEI. Anyways, if you ever go to Fredericton, stay at the Delta. It's surprisingly amazing. ^

On another note, shopping malls here freak me out (in Asia). There's like a million staff members, and they don't leave you alone!!!!!!!! GRR. I was hounded the entire time. I dislike the way they deal with shoppers here.
I'm excited because I've been working 9-9 regularly, so I finally get a vacation. That, and I'll be stopping in Halifax and Sydney to see some friends I haven't met in a while. That Cape Breton accent is irresistible
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by pewpew
I'm excited because I've been working 9-9 regularly, so I finally get a vacation. That, and I'll be stopping in Halifax and Sydney to see some friends I haven't met in a while. That Cape Breton accent is irresistible
Ahhh. Have fun buddy! ^
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

On a completely unrelated note (and yes I have permission to post this)

When I saw this, I was like....(self deprecating humor), as long as SAP lives on, we shall never go extinct

EDIT: This was at the TPE zoo...

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Aug 14, 2015 at 8:28 am
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

What's up with the difference between Asian service at department stores vs Western service? There's like a million sales people and they don't leave you alone. It is incredibly infuriating. Even when I ask them to leave me alone, they follow me everywhere, which results in me not buying anything

The elevator girls at the Sogo department chain are awesome though. Definitely don't get that back home!
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
What's up with the difference between Asian service at department stores vs Western service? There's like a million sales people and they don't leave you alone. It is incredibly infuriating. Even when I ask them to leave me alone, they follow me everywhere, which results in me not buying anything

The elevator girls at the Sogo department chain are awesome though. Definitely don't get that back home!
Dude, you're such a rook.

Now, go to Shibuya 109. A bunch of us FTers should do a NRT/HND trip.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyznomad

Now, go to Shibuya 109. A bunch of us FTers should do a NRT/HND trip.

As you know, we've been asking that for a while.

Since not everyone can commit to TPAC, we also suggested a domestic hop. Rapidair is too short for real fun, but a nice little transcon would work.

just saying.....
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Dude, you're such a rook.

- yep!

Originally Posted by 24left

Since not everyone can commit to TPAC, we also suggested a domestic hop. Rapidair is too short for real fun, but a nice little transcon would work.

just saying.....
I believe a secret private Micro Do is potentially upcoming! I'll look into X -> NRT/HND flights because we certainly do not want to terminate at X
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

just saying.....
Transcon is boring.

We have to show pingu Japanese style craziness.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Transcon is boring.

Noot noot noot noot!
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:19 pm
Suspended

Transcon is boring.

You lead, I'll follow. Pingu might need to be bird-napped.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds like a plan.

Not sure how he'll survive consider he can barely handle TPE
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:35 pm
Suspended

Sounds like a plan.

Not sure how he'll survive consider he can barely handle TPE

Well, he's a cold weather bird. Tokyo in January was bright and sunny but quite chilly. He might like that.

Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

well, he's a cold weather bird. Tokyo in january was bright and sunny but quite chilly. He might like that.

そうですね。

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.