Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:40 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
lol! it's not a record unless it's a sean peever record!

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I don't think there's anyone who has outdone this record

I'm like screenshot boy today

Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
lol! it's not a record unless it's a sean peever record!
Damn straight. 24left will have to carry the torch from here. I think I'm about to sleep LOL
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:45 pm

Damn straight. 24left will have to carry the torch from here. I think I'm about to sleep LOL
night night, sleep tight, don't let the 24c cabin bite
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
night night, sleep tight, don't let the 24c cabin bite
I had to stay up for this.

WRECKED!! Going to bed with a HUGE smile on my face Thanks for this!!

Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:48 pm

I had to stay up for this.

WRECKED!! Going to bed with a HUGE smile on my face Thanks for this!!

Anything for you SAP
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Anything for you SAP
I have a better one tomorrow i'll post it then I shall be watching you Mr. Peever
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:53 pm

I have a better one tomorrow i'll post it then I shall be watching you Mr. Peever
Sounds good sir! get some rest! It's late out there in the East!
Old Aug 22, 2015, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Ugh. Some westerner is sleeping on the floor outside of the lounge with his two daughters.... Cheapening my experience lol

I mean who does that???
Westerners.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
One thing AC does right...

Priority security in Canada. I hate how this doesn't exist in TPE or HKG...sigh.

What a small world. Guy in front of me works for the same employer as mine...whoa.

Edit. Turned out he's the CTO of the APAC division.....bailed quick once I saw his job title....

--------------------------------
EDIT II: So thought I'd actually add some value to a post in this thread (I know right).

Taiwan. Things that surprised me.

1) How poor Gen Y is. There's a saying called "22k". A person upon graduating is lucky if they can land a job for...$700 CDN a MONTH. That's messed up. Taiwan has the highest % of Gen Yers who leave the country to find a job (allegedly).
2) How scary it is to have no middle class. You're either dirt poor or you're super rich.
3) How cheap the food/cabs are (because of point #2)
4) How little there is to do in TPE.....(preparing to get flamed). It's a foodie place, but nothing crazy. Oh, and they treat penguins very poorly. It made me very very very mad.
5) Taipei 101 - is awesome. Used to be one of the tallest buildings in the world. The way they use some big *** ball to counter the effect of typhoons and stuff is awesome. World's fastest elevator is at Taipei 101! It still holds the world record. It's actually a pressurized elevator, otherwise ear drums would burst. Cool right?
6) Din Tai Fung IS life. (lol)
7) 7/11's are everywhere. Apparently they have the most 7/11's....the 7/11's are COOL here. They sell like....everything.
8) The Taiwanese believe they don't smell, so deodorant is hardly used. And it's hard to buy "real" deodorant. Unfortunately smell is a human being's best sense. I will off myself when I get back
Your next assignments:

1) Spend time in HKG "downtown" (like Kowloon)... don't go to LKF coz it's skewed.
2) Spend time in ICN downtown (but not Gangnam coz it's skewed)
3) Spend time in 東京の中心、例えば、 新宿、原宿、秋葉原、etc. (downtown Tokyo, for example, Shinjuku, Harajuku, Akihabara, etc.

FT Roadtrip DO yo!
Old Aug 22, 2015, 2:02 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Your next assignments:

1) Spend time in HKG "downtown" (like Kowloon)... don't go to LKF coz it's skewed.
2) Spend time in ICN downtown (but not Gangnam coz it's skewed)
3) Spend time in 東京の中心、例えば、 新宿、原宿、秋葉原、etc. (downtown Tokyo, for example, Shinjuku, Harajuku, Akihabara, etc.

FT Roadtrip DO yo!
1) Been to HKG already - That was my first BR trip...
2) Ehh...with the tensions....I dunno....
3) I can't read Japanesee, i've been to Tokyo, Osaka and wherever the frick the hot springs were (as a kid). Let's just say the communal nude thing is something I don't want to do again

I do want to explore more of Japan though. Unfortunately Mrs. SAP doesn't want to go...maybe i'll have another "me" trip again
Old Aug 22, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This was sent to me by another FTer. It really hit home for me. ^ (thanks again!)

Note the radiation levels comment. I never thought I exceeded the limit based on my own flying patterns But for those of you who fly quite a bit, something to note. Hazard pay anyone?

http://www.economist.com/blogs/gulli...requent-flyers
I said this before and I'll say it again - it's the way you handle it and make the best of it. It's mindset. Although I don't fly as much as some people here, I do fly more than the average joe does... and the only thing I can say is that I make the best of it. I have friends and acquaintances everywhere I go, and I don't spend my time getting obese, eating garbage (when I can avoid it), and not exercising. These articles, although somewhat correct, don't balance it with way to countering all that stuff.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1) Been to HKG already - That was my first BR trip...
2) Ehh...with the tensions....I dunno....
3) I can't read Japanesee, i've been to Tokyo, Osaka and wherever the frick the hot springs were (as a kid). Let's just say the communal nude thing is something I don't want to do again

I do want to explore more of Japan though. Unfortunately Mrs. SAP doesn't want to go...maybe i'll have another "me" trip again
1. Where did you go in downtown?
2. SBAP (Stop Being a Cat)
3. I know you can't read Japanese, hence my translation! I'm talking going to those places now, as an adult - being a kid does NOT count!
Old Aug 22, 2015, 2:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Although I don't fly as much as some people here,
Umm Nomad....I think you're one of the top fliers on here
Old Aug 22, 2015, 2:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

1. Where did you go in downtown?
2. SBAP (Stop Being a Cat)
3. I know you can't read Japanese, hence my translation! I'm talking going to those places now, as an adult - being a kid does NOT count!
1) TST, shopping (Festival walk....)...uhh...eating...uhh...I don't recall the names. I usually just use my favorite search engine, and look up the top 10 things to do, figure out what interests me...and then go.
2) I've never heard that before
3) And yes, I do have to go back again as an adult
Old Aug 22, 2015, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2) I've never heard that before
Go to the Northeast corner of Robson and Jarvais and take a look at the stop sign there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.