Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Dear stock market, please stop crashing

Are you gambling in the market, or actually investing?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I'm at 1.992MM now.

My next three weeks are all on AE bookings (had some to burn up)... next planned revenue are mid-September Latitude flights roundtrip YYZ FRA.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Are you gambling in the market, or actually investing?
Investing. Doesn't make it any less painful though. Maybe it makes it worse because its not money I'm willing to throw away...
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by yvrgary
Okay, so people are having their pensions ruined today, and I'm sympathetic to that, but that right there, that was pretty @$#%ing funny.

The reality is, if the market is down, more people are selling than buying.

But the fact remains, someone is buying, and there's usually a reason for it.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 4:07 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
The market goes up, the market goes down. No one should be overly worried about today's events.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
The invisible hand had a bit too much to drink over the weekend.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 4:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by krayZpaving
The invisible hand had a bit too much to drink over the weekend.
That was hilarious
Old Aug 24, 2015, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What compels people in North America to block everyone's way on people movers? It is quite prevalent here unlike Europe and Asia.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 5:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
What compels people in North America to block everyone's way on people movers? It is quite prevalent here unlike Europe and Asia.
UGH I KNOW RIGHT

I have a big rant about a douche in YUL.

I landed from SFO, went into the customs hall, and got into the line of people waiting to get into the NEXUS area to use a machine. Very organized.

Then some guy wanders over and hovers near the front of our organized line. I was at the front of the line by this point. A machine opens up, and he starts walking. I loudly said something like "EXCUSE ME, THE LINE'S BACK THERE". He stopped dead in his tracks. I used the machine, and left.

Don't even get me started about updating some information in the NEXUS office.

"YOU WENT TO THE GLOBAL ENTRY OFFICE? THEY SCREWED UP YOUR RECORD. THEY DELETED EVERYTHING." She also added a "we don't want French people", in the YUL NEXUS office, in front of a CBSA officer, and a bunch of French families.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 6:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Agreed. If there's one thing about travel that really drives me up the friggin wall it's this.

And not only on people movers, but on jetways. I mean, F*S, get the hell out of my way.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
And not only on people movers, but on jetways. I mean, F*S, get the hell out of my way.
If you're talking about deplaning, sit in row 1 (i.e. spend more money). Problem solved.

If you're talking about boarding, get a concierge (i.e. spend more money) to push people out of the way and take you to your seat. Problem solved.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 6:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
If you're talking about deplaning, sit in row 1 (i.e. spend more money). Problem solved.

If you're talking about boarding, get a concierge (i.e. spend more money) to push people out of the way and take you to your seat. Problem solved.
There's only one row 1...

I don't remember the last time I sat in Y but...even the 2-9 people ahead of me or whatever in J....slow me down. Money can't solve that
Old Aug 24, 2015, 6:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Don't even get me started about updating some information in the NEXUS office.

"YOU WENT TO THE GLOBAL ENTRY OFFICE? THEY SCREWED UP YOUR RECORD. THEY DELETED EVERYTHING."
Um, is this something I have to worry about?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by pewpew
Um, is this something I have to worry about?
Well she said I should never go to a Global Entry Enrollment Center because I have NEXUS.

But the person who screwed my file did something that shouldn't have been done anyway. I told him there were a couple old visas showing up on the GE machine, and asked him to remove them. Well, he removed all history of them (which is not what should be done), as well as two of my former addresses.

At least I'm allowed to use the GE line even when I can't actually use GE. The CBP officer took photocopies of a bunch of my stuff, and said to email the rest, so that they can backfill what was deleted.

Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Well good news. Dow/Nasdaq/S&P futures up.

And...

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/econo...-analyst-views

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.