Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2015, 11:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by maradori
1, 2, 3 - As a fortunate and privileged person making more than my compatriots, this is one of the few things I like about Taiwan. Last I went in 2009, bubble tea was still being sold for like NT$35? It's like 4x as expensive here and nowhere as good as back home.

4 - You just don't know where the "real" fun happens

(just kidding, whenever I go back, I pretty much vegetate in front of the TV watching anime or variety shows)

Although I'm really curious how they treat penguins poorly. Sounds like a deep story behind this

6 - DTF DTF DTF!!! They're opening one soon in the south bay. I'm soooo looking forward to that!

7 - We actually have the highest number of 7-11s per capita The other awesome part about 7-11 is that you can pretty much get anything done there -- pay bills, send packages, etc. And their drink selection!!! So many different waters, teas, coffees, sodas, ...
Ahh! I was soo hoping you'd reply to this thread since you're more Taiwanese than I am!! Bah, so the penguins at the zoo...sigh. In their habitat they had a big mirror, and the penguins would put their beaks against the mirror and literally wag their beaks back and forth. They are damaging their beeks by doing so. Clearly the penguins don't know what they are seeing.

It made me so so so so sad and angry. The king penguins deserve to be treated much better. I'm still rather hurt by the whole experience. (genuinely). I think I sobbed a bit that day. (and I'm not kidding either. I do very much love penguins and travel the world to see them). <Le Sigh> EDIT: I showed my wife and even she was miffed at how they were treated. Taiwan pisses me off sometimes. This is one of those times I'm ashamed to be Taiwanese.

As far as DTF goes, go to the one in SEA. That one is pretty good. The ones in TPE didn't have the jellyfish though, which was something you could order in HKG. The TPE DTF's let me down. I preferred the ones in HKG.

As far as 7/11's go. Yeah, you can buy anything there including...crap I forget the name of the thing we stole from the Japanese - it's a hot food item...it's like Tempura but....FACK. I forget it already.

The Sogo elevator girls though - that was an experience in it of itself. I didn't care for them (not attracted to them), but man to think someone's employed just to call out floors and stuff, blows my mind.

Although when I shop in TPE someone's hounding me. FFS, leave me the frick alone!

EDIT: FACK I need to fly BR again. I miss the experience

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Aug 18, 2015 at 11:43 pm
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Wow - how many hours did it take for you to miss it??? Definite case of the Mondays (on Wednesday).

Ooh. Fancy automatic youtube embedding thing.

Last edited by tcook052; Aug 19, 2015 at 9:11 am
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by krayZpaving
Ooh. Fancy automatic youtube embedding thing.
Which stupidly requires Flash, even though normal embedded YouTube videos do not.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
This was sent to me by another FTer. It really hit home for me. ^ (thanks again!)

Note the radiation levels comment. I never thought I exceeded the limit based on my own flying patterns But for those of you who fly quite a bit, something to note. Hazard pay anyone?

http://www.economist.com/blogs/gulli...requent-flyers
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I have NEVER laughed this hard in my LIFE on FT

Mr. Peever. Confirmed. SAP 2.0. Smarter, better looking, classier and.............he pulled a SAP.

*I may or may not have egged Mr. Peever on

Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I have NEVER laughed this hard in my LIFE on FT

Mr. Peever. Confirmed. SAP 2.0. Smarter, better looking, classier and.............he pulled a SAP.

*I may or may not have egged Mr. Peever on

This is MOST AWESOME !

:-::-::-:
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left
This is MOST AWESOME !

:-::-::-:
I'm still laughing to the point where it hurts
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
lol! I am absolutely honoured to be an SAP 2.0 good sir!
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:29 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
lol! I am absolutely honoured to be an SAP 2.0 good sir!
Oh gee. LOL. Just took another.

Still laughing so hard my face is about to fall off Thanks for the best Friday I've had from FT in like...ever. I'm literally laughing to the point I'm crying and my belly aches

Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:30 pm

Oh gee. LOL. Just took another.

Still laughing so hard my face is about to fall off
well at least I'm good for something!
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

well at least I'm good for something!
I have been outdone. SAP = retired. Hahahaha
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:34 pm

I have been outdone. SAP = retired. Hahahaha
I think this might actually deserve a #Winning
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:35 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I think this might actually deserve a #Winning
I can't breathe!! This may just be one of the happiest nights I've had like EVER

Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:37 pm

I can't breathe!! This may just be one of the happiest nights I've had like EVER

Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I don't think there's anyone who has outdone this record

I'm like screenshot boy today

SAP = outdone! Retirement time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.