Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
So I need help. Long story short, a buddy of mine is joining my employer. And he's trying to get the provision of letting him fly only AC flex and higher, and not WS which is what is mandated. (lowest fare bum class)

He's having issues with HR accepting that.

Everything else is negotiated. Have any of you negotiated your travel terms into your work contract?

Thanks
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
So I need help. Long story short, a buddy of mine is joining my employer. And he's trying to get the provision of letting him fly only AC flex and higher, and not WS which is what is mandated. (lowest fare bum class)

He's having issues with HR accepting that.

Everything else is negotiated. Have any of you negotiated your travel terms into your work contract?

Thanks
Yes, as a tendered consultant, but not as a salaried employee...
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Here's to the pompous, burly German speaking dumbum on LH2070 yesterday who, when boarded saw me in 2F and mockingly joked in German about me with the burly German speaking guy in 2A about how I was in his seat. He then sits down in 2C only to be told by a pax that just boarded that it was the pax's seat... so the dumbum pompously flashes his BP to the SD claiming that I took his seat... and lo and behold, the dumbum is in Y.

Oh, and it was nice using the buttonhole on the LH napkin. Nothing glorious. It was just a hole (in the napkin), but the lumbering oaf German speaking dumbum was different kind of hole.

Last edited by yyznomad; Aug 27, 2015 at 8:22 pm Reason: Had to change doucebag to dumbum.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Here's to the pompous, burly German speaking dumbum on LH2070 yesterday who, when boarded saw me in 2F and mockingly joked in German about me with the burly German speaking guy in 2A about how I was in his seat. He then sits down in 2C only to be told by a pax that just boarded that it was the pax's seat... so the dumbum pompously flashes his BP to the SD claiming that I took his seat... and lo and behold, the dumbum is in Y.

Oh, and it was nice using the buttonhole on the LH napkin. Nothing glorious. It was just a hole (in the napkin), but the lumbering oaf German speaking doucebag was different kind of hole.

A toast then, to another excellent chapter in "Travelling with Nomad".
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
A toast then, to another excellent chapter in "Travelling with Nomad".
^ *GULP*
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015...ps-flying.html

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

I laugh out loud. Me laughy outty loudy.
YGWYPF

Shocker! A Greek airline company going kerplunk defunct daft punk. Or just daft.

Is A3 next? Hmmm? Me poke prod A3 worshippers!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015...ps-flying.html

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

I laugh out loud. Me laughy outty loudy.
YGWYPF

Shocker! A Greek airline company going kerplunk defunct daft punk. Or just daft.

Is A3 next? Hmmm? Me poke prod A3 worshippers!
Your laugh made me laugh. I've never laughed that hard. Bahahahaha, tears out of my eyes right now at this post!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your laugh made me laugh. I've never laughed that hard. Bahahahaha, tears out of my eyes right now at this post!
Hey! Let's book our trip on an airline that is based out of a country that is in the ultimate historical-fodder financial woes known to mankind, martians, and those in Andromeda galaxy!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Hey! Let's book our trip on an airline that is based out of a country that is in the ultimate historical-fodder financial woes known to mankind, martians, and those in Andromeda galaxy!
Hahahahaha Oh Nomad You're on a roll tonight my friend!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hahahahaha Oh Nomad You're on a roll tonight my friend!
Hence part of my signature...

Kuujjuarapik Esquimal
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Hence part of my signature...

Kuujjuarapik Esquimal
I googled it. It still doesn't make sense to me?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuujjuarapik_Airport
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
It says a lot about financial markets when this small nation (with an economy less than the size of HK) can have a large impact on the world's most traded currency pair (EURUSD)...
(admittedly, other nations making speculation/comments that have nothing to do with the fundamentals doesn't help.)
The same thing can be said when this week, hoarding cash is a good thing (I took most of it out of investments in July), and I have had better luck on Premier League football betting (Man City) than the stock market.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:43 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*

Oh, and it was nice using the buttonhole on the LH napkin. Nothing glorious. It was just a hole (in the napkin), but the lumbering oaf German speaking dumbum was different kind of hole.
So you going to be in PRG on the 3rd? I'm in AAL, heading to MUC tomorrow, then I could go to PRG after that.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
So you going to be in PRG on the 3rd?
MUC until Sunday
PRG 3-6
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I googled it. It still doesn't make sense to me?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuujjuarapik_Airport
When you only look at one half of something, it is difficult to understand the whole.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.