Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
that just makes me wonder - do penguins get STD's?
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Smiley90
The penguin here is married though (and presumably used caution to make sure he married a lady without any that doesn't sleep around.)
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by maradori
Grindr is better >:3
Paktor is the best
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:23 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Paktor is the best
FML as a winpho user, looks like i'm destined to be forever alone
Old Jul 17, 2015, 8:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
FML as a winpho user, looks like i'm destined to be forever alone
Not if market share improves

Man the things I have to go and look up...

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
The penguin here is married though (and presumably used caution to make sure he married a lady without any that doesn't sleep around.)
My biggest FT regret, Mrs. SAP ending up on FT. It's like I have two arms tied behind my back now WRT to posting. <sigh>

I'm on the OMNI board though and she has NO ability to access it <unless she posts more, which I doubt she will>
Old Jul 17, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Grindr is better >:3
All I know is that certain mobile phone platforms suck in this regard.
Hmm quite a bit shocking that you would know what Grindr is >:P

I'm on the OMNI board though and she has NO ability to access it <unless she posts more, which I doubt she will>
I donno man, I heard Omni is that shady area of FT ... you might come back with :-: Snarkily :-: Transmitted Diseases
Old Jul 17, 2015, 9:51 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Hmm quite a bit shocking that you would know what Grindr is >:P

I donno man, I heard Omni is that shady area of FT ... you might come back with :-: Snarkily :-: Transmitted Diseases
I had to learn what it is because this is the reference on Tinder and the thing I ended up watching. (some guy sharing his experience on Tinder, and how it's not like Grindr can't find the link now, lol)

Before anyone even asks and before Mrs. SAP ends up with her panties in a knot, the reason I was there was because of Ian and his references to Tinder. Anyway, long story, follow on the OMNI board where Nitehawk and I are talking about it

As far as STD's, I'd rather not get any, even if they are free Plus we have enough on this board as it is

OMNI is a part of FT I thoroughly enjoy, lol. It's not really focused on anything, other than one guy and his escapades, called EnviroIan. It's absolutely hilarious. For those that care, it's the match.com thread.

The OMNI Do thread is pretty funny too

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Jul 17, 2015 at 10:03 am
Old Jul 17, 2015, 1:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

GAK. I counted 22 people in the NEXUS lane at YUL Dom.

Like...COME THE **** on. Ugh. (i'm serious actually). Really pissed me the **** off!

Sighz. I pulled a Nomad. (rage) There, deal with it

Old Jul 17, 2015, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
GAK. I counted 22 people in the NEXUS lane at YUL Dom.

Like...COME THE **** on. Ugh. (i'm serious actually). Really pissed me the **** off!

Sighz. I pulled a Nomad. (rage) There, deal with it

Today I had one of those "don't care" traveling days where I just let things be. Zone boarding failed but I didn't feel the usually pissiness I typically feel. Today YYZ domestic NEXUS security was efficient. (btw, what are they doing to that NEXUS lane at YYZ dom? it's all stripping down bare bones now). My seatmate in J was my definition of a perfect seatmate. People walking slow on the people mover or standing and blocking everyone's way. Turbulence was nuts with a little girl clapping and laughing in J "yay a rollercoaster!" as the adults all gripped their seats. I went along for the ride. SD didn't wake me up for my meal and apologized. I didn't care! Nope. Today was a don't care day. It was a good day. Today was a no rage day. (except for my animal droppings comments)

I'll be back in full rage tomorrow though.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 7:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Today I had one of those "don't care" traveling days where I just let things be. Zone boarding failed but I didn't feel the usually pissiness I typically feel. Today YYZ domestic NEXUS security was efficient. (btw, what are they doing to that NEXUS lane at YYZ dom? it's all stripping down bare bones now). My seatmate in J was my definition of a perfect seatmate. People walking slow on the people mover or standing and blocking everyone's way. Turbulence was nuts with a little girl clapping and laughing in J "yay a rollercoaster!" as the adults all gripped their seats. I went along for the ride. SD didn't wake me up for my meal and apologized. I didn't care! Nope. Today was a don't care day. It was a good day. Today was a no rage day. (except for my animal droppings comments)

I'll be back in full rage tomorrow though.
Hahaha, glad to hear man. Can't wait to catch up with you next week

I had a fricking yyznomad moment trying to get out of YYZ today. I remember going...get the **** out of my way. Me, town car, dim sum. Leave me ALONE and now I'm home. Yay

Man I'm freaking losing it, I have 0 idea how you do it Anyway, drop by the penguin at YYZ and take a selfie. Like every FT I know outside of FT (e.g. on email, phone etc) now does it, it's cute
Old Jul 17, 2015, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would put that chance at highly unlikely if one is not a FF/travel agent/company representative/exceptionally concerned with acquiring and redeeming mileage.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Okay, admit it, who of you guys did this?

Old Jul 18, 2015, 8:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

What is that and where?
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:46 am

What is that and where?
second picture: looks like the King of Clubs

first picture: terminal information and colours looks consistent with ORD

ohgawd this is how you know you fly Eewnited too much //wrist
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

second picture: looks like the King of Clubs

first picture: terminal information and colours looks consistent with ORD

ohgawd this is how you know you fly Eewnited too much //wrist
Hahaha. Thanks! The card thing, I thought it was a used bandaid or something. Epic epic fail.

On another note, this started by me overhearing something at the lounge yesterday but a "I wonder if you could do this" question arose.

If you're in Y and you buy any alcoholic drink, you don't have to consume it. Just like food, ok, so can you ask for a drink in J and then not consume it? (still in the container?)

As in, if I ask for 4 gins and then say i'll pour it myself, and then keep it, is it illegal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.