Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2015, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
What are you going to do there?

The EVE Online fan fest during is April!
I will be cavorting around.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 9:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I will be cavorting around.
Why must you use such large words requiring me to have to look it up in a dictionary?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Have you ever been on a plane and felt weird? Like...you feel like you're onboard but it's like.....somewhere you shouldn't be? I had an outta body experience today. Now i'm home....and happy. But even in J, I was like...I'm so done with this garbage
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Hey SAP wanna come over this weekend and help me set up my home theatre? I'll cover the flights
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Hey SAP wanna come over this weekend and help me set up my home theatre? I'll cover the flights
You're killing me dude. I don't want to be on a plane. Watching the SE's go to Y though, and have empty J seats, that was....really weird.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
You're killing me dude. I don't want to be on a plane. Watching the SE's go to Y though, and have empty J seats, that was....really weird.
Don't worry, you'll only be on for like 5-6 hours each way. It'll be fine.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Don't worry, you'll only be on for like 5-6 hours each way. It'll be fine.
You know there is Geek Squad right? PS If I have another SPML I will freaking lose it. Anyways off to bed. Cheers.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:50 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Have you ever been on a plane and felt weird? Like...you feel like you're onboard but it's like.....somewhere you shouldn't be? I had an outta body experience today. Now i'm home....and happy. But even in J, I was like...I'm so done with this garbage
I feel you man

I'm still nursing my airport allergy. I feel nauseous just thinking about SFO and YYZ. Ugh and I have to fly SFO-PHX on Monday //wrist
Old Jul 24, 2015, 7:32 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maradori
I feel you man

I'm still nursing my airport allergy. I feel nauseous just thinking about SFO and YYZ. Ugh and I have to fly SFO-PHX on Monday //wrist
What for? Work? And UA?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:29 am

What for? Work? And UA?
SFO-PHX sounds like US if you want the non-stop

And yes, for work, as his employer whose name starts with "Go" is headquartered near PHX.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I'm heading out on another trip myself. Mostly a quick vacation to see my sister, then some work slapped on. Not looking forward to it! I just want to stay home lol.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

SFO-PHX sounds like US if you want the non-stop

And yes, for work, as his employer whose name starts with "Go" is headquartered near PHX.
All this time I had no idea where his employer's HQ was.

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I'm heading out on another trip myself. Mostly a quick vacation to see my sister, then some work slapped on. Not looking forward to it! I just want to stay home lol.
I realized yesterday that the most unhappy people (based on the looks of their faces) were people with Altitude tags. Everyone else was so excited (generalizing of course). I just don't want to work. Does that count?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
All this time I had no idea where his employer's HQ was.

I realized yesterday that the most unhappy people (based on the looks of their faces) were people with Altitude tags. Everyone else was so excited (generalizing of course). I just don't want to work. Does that count?
I must be the only outlier on this forum. I enjoy flying my buttocks off and visiting different countries. I guess that's what makes it "fun" instead of flying to a fixed number cities on a week to week basis.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I must be the only outlier on this forum. I enjoy flying my buttocks off and visiting different countries. I guess that's what makes it "fun" instead of flying to a fixed number cities on a week to week basis.
But don't you fly to the same cities all of the time? What about jet lag? Kettle?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But don't you fly to the same cities all of the time? What about jet lag? Kettle?
Jet lag is a norm for me so much so that I don't even think about it or let it affect me.

No, I don't fly to the same cities "all the time"... I fly to some more than others but not on a regular weekly basis. There is ample mix and variety to keep things alive. Each year I go to about 30 different countries at least.

As for kettle... kettle is kettle and you do your best to minimize interaction with them, even in the YYZ Int'l MLL

(it might also help that I know people and have friends in every city I go to... and that I am not "tied down" or have "baggage"... )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.