Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 3:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
There is a reason why US airlines recently went to revenue based RDM.

I can assure you that many in FT fly like cow.

e.g. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...miles-ish.html

PS: cow did you see the pic I posted about you and penguin?
Originally Posted by canadiancow
It might increase the fare. But SEA-YVR-HKG-YVR-SEA is reportedly $500 round trip, so I'm sure you can find other juicy ones that work well.
HOLY ****. That's good to know. I had no idea!!!! ^^
Old Jul 24, 2015, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
There is a reason why US airlines recently went to revenue based RDM.

I can assure you that many in FT fly like cow.

e.g. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...miles-ish.html

PS: cow did you see the pic I posted about you and penguin?
I don't fly like that. I try to take reasonably direct routes. The most indirect I've done recently is LHR-MUC-YVR-SFO, but that was to get LH F on MUC to west coast, and it was Aeroplan

And no, what picture?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Cna someone quickly remind me whether non-status pax can select preferred seats for free at OLCI?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 4:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Cna someone quickly remind me whether non-status pax can select preferred seats for free at OLCI?
No, not anymore
Old Jul 24, 2015, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
No, not anymore
Thanks! That's what I thought (and I actually like this change).

Any idea on how AC handles seat assignments on a domestic 788 run, for instance, which has 39 preferred seats? Would several dozen pax get a GTE seat assignment?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Thanks! That's what I thought (and I actually like this change).

Any idea on how AC handles seat assignments on a domestic 788 run, for instance, which has 39 preferred seats? Would several dozen pax get a GTE seat assignment?
If the flight is completely full, everyone eligible for free preferred seats had selected regular seats, and there were 39 people who couldn't select a seat at check-in, then yes, I assume they would.

But I've booked 788 flights a few days out where as a SE on a Y fare, there were no preferred seats open.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
I don't fly like that. I try to take reasonably direct routes. The most indirect I've done recently is LHR-MUC-YVR-SFO, but that was to get LH F on MUC to west coast, and it was Aeroplan

And no, what picture?
That in essence is Russia to Oz RT. SEA to YYZ via HKG is direct alright .

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25159233-post2207.html

HF
Old Jul 24, 2015, 4:29 pm

That in essence is Russia to Oz RT. SEA to YYZ via HKG is direct alright .

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25159233-post2207.html

HF
I've never flown SEA to YYZ via HKG though

Also I don't really read OMNI. I browsed it for a day when SAP said my name came up, but that was it.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
It might increase the fare. But SEA-YVR-HKG-YVR-SEA is reportedly $500 round trip, so I'm sure you can find other juicy ones that work well.
yeah but YVR-NRT-YYZ isn't exactly in the same ballpark of being ridiculous as SEA-YVR-HKG-YVR-SEA, the latter is a legit routing :P

Next time I'm flying to Europe I'm doing YVR-SAO-DXB-LHR, because I'm sure that's basically the same price as YVR-LHR, too.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Why do they constantly blare music (non-stop, I might add) at Japanese Professional League baseball games? The cheese factor only lasts so long...!
Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:03 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
What for? Work? And UA?
Yup, work and yup, Eewnited.

SFO-PHX sounds like US if you want the non-stop

And yes, for work, as his employer whose name starts with "Go" is headquartered near PHX.
There's actually one (or two) SFO-PHX nonstops on UA. Works out to an ok timing too (something like depart SFO 8:50am, arrive PHX 10:30am).

and shhhhh you're making me lose my mystique factor. If people ask where I work, the correct response is "a tech company located in Sillycon Valley that starts with G................. o....................."
Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maradori
Yup, work and yup, Eewnited.

There's actually one (or two) SFO-PHX nonstops on UA. Works out to an ok timing too (something like depart SFO 8:50am, arrive PHX 10:30am).

and shhhhh you're making me lose my mystique factor. If people ask where I work, the correct response is "a tech company located in Sillycon Valley that starts with G................. o....................."
Wow, you're literally actually flying with the airline that I hate most on this planet. (UA). I dunno how you do it. My wrist would have actually been slit by this point. Hats off dude, although at this point, I just might because i'm so tired of flying. But ANYWAY, back to regular scheduled programming
Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Good to know. I'm starting now to do that but you're right, it is tiring to build a network. Do's make life MUCH better though ^ Always great to catch up with people now that I'm starting to get to slowly build my network! Love FT!
Extend DOs in different cities to applying your hobbies to different cities... every city has a group that does "X" or "Y" or "Z" and it's a great way to meet people with the same passions.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Extend DOs in different cities to applying your hobbies to different cities... every city has a group that does "X" or "Y" or "Z" and it's a great way to meet people with the same passions.
Thanks. I'm working on this actually.

That and trying to find another freaking job. Either works
Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. I'm working on this actually.

That and trying to find another freaking job. Either works
Great, so when's the next DO? hmm?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.