Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2015, 10:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I tried to buy some clothes at Œä“aê malls.

I'm a 34 here (pant size), but for some reason, the size 38 pants at Levis just wouldn't go past my thighs -_-

I do have a pretty big but, I won't lie, but still. From 34 to 38?

Only bought stuff at the Adidas store.

Also, are the E90s hotter these days?

2/2 flights started REALLY hot. Like boiling.

I told the FA on each flight that it was boiling and he/she said you're right while wiping sweat off their face . It was fine after though.
Lol! Bigger what?

When was it too hot? Boarding? In flight? The dial should be cranked all the way to the left for it to be comfy. If she doesn't comply, see if you can do it
Old Jul 12, 2015, 10:16 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Maybe you should have spent more time FlyerTalking to catch it Tsk tsk tsk

(or PM)
So if you publicly tell us what you did will you get suspended again ?
I should check the rules but I think I am generally too polite to get suspended.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 10:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by vernonc
So if you publicly tell us what you did will you get suspended again ?
I should check the rules but I think I am generally too polite to get suspended.
When I read your post, I read it like this

I'm at like the 98th PM about this, lol. I don't mind another one at all (i'm serious) I'd rather not poke the [probably not sleeping]....uhh.....very good looking bear....

[copy and paste for PMs isn't that hard for me to do lol]
Old Jul 12, 2015, 10:32 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Lol! Bigger what?

When was it too hot? Boarding? In flight? The dial should be cranked all the way to the left for it to be comfy. If she doesn't comply, see if you can do it
It was actually during climb and a bit at altitude.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 10:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

It was actually during climb and a bit at altitude.
During the climb phase, IIRC, the amount of air pushed out through the HVAC system is decreased due to the climb thrust setting.

That's odd though, once you're at least up there for a few minutes (at cruise) things should normalize out. I've never had this, and I like lived on E90s for a while.

Were the vents blowing out cold air at all? Or was it warm/hot?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:15 pm

During the climb phase, IIRC, the amount of air pushed out through the HVAC system is decreased due to the climb thrust setting.

That's odd though, once you're at least up there for a few minutes (at cruise) things should normalize out. I've never had this, and I like lived on E90s for a while.

Were the vents blowing out cold air at all? Or was it warm/hot?
Felt warm.

I am 100% sure it was "abnormally" hot because even the FA/SD were like double you the f.

Anyway, it got fixed right after every time, but I was curious as to maybe there is a reason as to why it is so.

Fairly certain the vents were blowing hot air.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Felt warm.

I am 100% sure it was "abnormally" hot because even the FA/SD were like double you the f.

Anyway, it got fixed right after every time, but I was curious as to maybe there is a reason as to why it is so.

Fairly certain the vents were blowing hot air.
Yuck. At least it was resolved. I was on a YUL YQR flight once in a Crash 8. It was like 38'C outside and humid (ahead of a tstorm).

People were sweating balls that entire flight. It was torture in a torturetube

All we got was water.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Is there still no enforcement for NEXUS at Pearson for carry on bags anyone? (Domestic?)
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Is there still no enforcement for NEXUS at Pearson for carry on bags anyone? (Domestic?)
Just flash your SE card.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Just flash your SE card.
You're killing me.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Just flash your SE card.
Agent: "Excuse me Mr. Bovine, but are you sure that your carry-on-"
Cow: "
"
Old Jul 14, 2015, 1:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Agent: "Excuse me Mr. Bovine, but are you sure that your carry-on-"
Cow: "Talk to the SE card, because the face ain't listening."
Precisely.

I don't know, the only time I've been told I need the red tag, they just tagged both my bags without even checking (to be fair, they were small).

I've never had a red tag on my roller, and I've never had a problem boarding with it.

And I don't even have the SE tag on it any more
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:07 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Gahh. Following in the footsteps of our friend Nomad, here's my rant.

I hate travel. I hate it!!!

Gahh. I want to be at home right now.

Upside? Meeting a few other FTers in a few hours. Yay!!
Old Jul 14, 2015, 8:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thank you very much again to the YVR Do organizers. (the most recent one)

I finally got my Zone 1 cup and the shirt. It's been rough waiting for them, but there are so many stories about getting that comment that I won't get into here

But thanks again. And thanks to a certain good friend FTer on here to remember to grab it and give it to me tonight.

To the FTers who I had the pleasure of having dinner with tonight, it was great to catch up!

//secret private super cool Micro Do?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Gahh. Following in the footsteps of our friend Nomad, here's my rant.

I hate travel. I hate it!!!

Gahh. I want to be at home right now.

Upside? Meeting a few other FTers in a few hours. Yay!!
a l'eau quoi?

I never said that I hate travel. I said that I hate people when I travel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.