Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:46 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by 24left
I was there Saturday. There are none left. I bought gifts for all. LOL
Must be a hot item in the airport I had flown in from SIN so all I wanted was a shower
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Is wanting to be an ironic hipster ironic in itself?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Fast people mover at YYZ int'l stopped while I was halfway through it.

On another note - why do people block the entire path of others on people movers and escalators? Is it all about you? You get to be in the path of everyone and won't let them through?

Oh because this ain't Japan or London where they are socially aware of such etiquette.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Never saw any of the chocolate at ANA lounge but I love it, despite the lack of views.

In comparison to the YUL Dom lounge at 5:30 today. Standing room only. Plates stacked on plates everywhere. I promptly left the disquiet of the lounge for the pleasant calm of the terminal during rush hour. Pathetic. Might as well open the bloody doors to everybody if you're going to let 90% in anyway.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
On another note - why do people block the entire path of others on people movers and escalators? Is it all about you? You get to be in the path of everyone and won't let them through?
I almost called someone a "stupid b****" somewhere yesterday. I can't remember if it was YQB or YYZ, but it was definitely near the end of my day.

I was tired. I was starving. I was cranky. And they were on the escalator, standing right (yay), keeping their roller on the left.

I always think about stuff like this when I'm out, and it seems like no one else does. Selfish pricks.

Oh hey, I'm starving again. It brings out the best in me

I can only imagine what happens when I'm tired, starving, AND drunk.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
Never saw any of the chocolate at ANA lounge but I love it, despite the lack of views......
Ah, you went to the "other" ANA lounge.
I go to the one with windows, chocolates and massage chairs.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, you went to the "other" ANA lounge.
I go to the one with windows, chocolates and massage chairs.
Bingo.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
And to the MORONS in YVR security who don't know how the [insert expletive here] to get through security without setting off alarms...I hope you just stop flying all together. #morons.

Last edited by tcook052; Jun 18, 2015 at 10:09 pm
Old Jun 18, 2015, 10:03 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
And to the MORONS in YVR security who don't know how the [insert expletive here] to get through security without setting off alarms...I hope you just stop flying all together. #morons.
The only time I found YVR security to be somewhat remotely competent is the TB/Int'l -> Domestic security checkpoint (the one where you go up an escalator, and after walking through a LOOOOOOONG narrow hallway)

YVR Domestic security -- slow as molasses
YVR TB security -- equally slow
YVR Domestic -> TB security -- absolutely glacial
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maradori
The only time I found YVR security to be somewhat remotely competent is the TB/Int'l -> Domestic security checkpoint (the one where you go up an escalator, and after walking through a LOOOOOOONG narrow hallway)

YVR Domestic security -- slow as molasses
YVR TB security -- equally slow
YVR Domestic -> TB security -- absolutely glacial
I've had the worst experiences regarding YVR security.

YVR TB Nexus security is by far the worst I have been through multiple times hands down across all thousands and thousands of flights I've prepared for.

YVR TB Nexus security is a absolute joke and is so inefficient that I have begun starting using the regular lane.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I almost called someone a "stupid b****" somewhere yesterday. I can't remember if it was YQB or YYZ, but it was definitely near the end of my day.

I was tired. I was starving. I was cranky. And they were on the escalator, standing right (yay), keeping their roller on the left.

I always think about stuff like this when I'm out, and it seems like no one else does. Selfish pricks.

Oh hey, I'm starving again. It brings out the best in me

I can only imagine what happens when I'm tired, starving, AND drunk.
I am the same. I am always aware of others trying to pass me so I make sure to stand to the side and keep my bag in front or behind me... not beside me where I block the entire width. I find most offenders or those who offend do so in North America. I rarely run into such issues in Europe or Japan.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 3:08 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
It actually shocks me how much better TSA Precheck is than any kind of Canadian security run by CATSA. And yes, YVR seems to be the absolute worst.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SkyTeam LHR T4 lounge

Sitting here in the SkyTeam LHR T4 lounge (first lunch-time/afternoon visit - usually only do mornings)... judging purely by the hard liquor and wine, AC MLLs wins in quality, loses in quantity.

Not impressed by the young Scotches... all nasty... including JW Red.

It is really difficult to find an airline nowadays that offers something older than an 8 or 10 year old Scotch for their Business Class customers.

On another note there is this woman dressed to the nines seated nearby... in some sort of glitzy evening dress with lots of bling. I feel like I'm dressed like a scuzzball! I wonder if she is a celeb.

Last edited by yyznomad; Jun 19, 2015 at 5:24 am
Old Jun 19, 2015, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hand pickers

In SkyTeam LHR T4 lounge and just witnessed the same sludgy pompous guy handpick sandwiches with his bare hands despite the tongs out in plain view in front of him. I'm sure he'll sneeze into the sandwiches when he comes sludging back for his 4th and 5th handpicked rounds.

Business class lounges feel like sludge class lounges now.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was thrilled to beat the "breakfast rush" at the Sake tasting station, and even had time to buy some treats

Which store did you buy the Kit Kats at?

Also, do you know where I can get Baumkuchen (or as the Japanese say - "baumukuuhen")? When I was at HND last week I scrambled around six stores and they were either sold out or they didn't sell them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.