Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Do I wanna pay 300 CAD extra to add a Europe-JNB-Europe RT and 10'000 miles to my trip or not... I dislike what this forum is doing to how I plan my travels lol.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Smiley90
I dislike what this forum is doing to how I plan my travels lol.
This forum definitely has changed my flying habits!
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
So last night, my work laptop (2015 MacBook Pro) prompted me to install OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

Trusting Apple, I did.

Now Bluetooth and USB don't work.

I've already spent a couple hours on the phone and over chat with them today, and now I have to go to an Apple Store so they can run an "MRI".

How do I request compensation?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I upgraded my OS to Windows 10 and it works perfectly.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I upgraded my OS to Windows 10 and it works perfectly.
I've always preferred Windows for my OS until very recently.

Now, 50% of what I do is in a browser, 45% of what I do is in a cross-platform application, and 5% of what I do requires a POSIX-compliant shell.

It's that last 5%. On Windows, I have to set one up. On anything else, it's built in.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So last night, my work laptop (2015 MacBook Pro) prompted me to install OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

Trusting Apple, I did.

Now Bluetooth and USB don't work.

I've already spent a couple hours on the phone and over chat with them today, and now I have to go to an Apple Store so they can run an "MRI".

How do I request compensation?
I updated too last night both my MacBook Air and MacBook Pro and today my iMac at work. No issue whatsoever. Maybe it's just my lucky day

Good luck with your Mac "MRI". So frustrating when an update screws up your computer!
Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
To those trying to PM me via FT...

I know a bunch of you are trying to reach me via PM on FT... but my inbox is full and it will stay that way

You can flip me a private email via FT if you'd like, but that will expose your FT account email address to me.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: *$ Green
I know a bunch of you are trying to reach me via PM on FT... but my inbox is full and it will stay that way

You can flip me a private email via FT if you'd like, but that will expose your FT account email address to me.
That's a confirmed lie, because one time I sent you an email and you never wrote back.

Here's what you did to my feelings:
http://divacup.com/assets/dump-truck-dumping-trash.jpg
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
That's a confirmed lie, because one time I sent you an email and you never wrote back.

Here's what you did to my feelings:
LOL.

I am telling people to reach me by email via FT, but I never promised that I would respond in time, or respond at all.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: *$ Green
LOL.

I am telling people to reach me by email via FT, but I never promised that I would respond in time, or respond at all.
YYZNOMAD confirme worse customer service than AC. lol
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
YYZNOMAD confirme worse customer service than AC. lol
Confirmed. yyznomad did the same to me. Send me a private email but no response.

Damn crappy ....*y arceface service....that's for sure.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Applying for jobs is no fun...

You guys might have experience in this: when's the appropriate time to disclose already-booked travel plans to a future employer? If they get back to you after an interview and initiate contract negotiations? After you've already been hired?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: SE100K (Star Gold)

You guys might have experience in this: when's the appropriate time to disclose already-booked travel plans to a future employer? If they get back to you after an interview and initiate contract negotiations? After you've already been hired?
After the interview.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 3:08 pm

How far out is the travel?

My employer wanted me to start a week before I was taking a week in Europe, so I let them know, and they pushed back my start date until after I returned.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by above.the.clouds
After the interview.
After the interview when? Like "oh btw one last thing" or days later by email or what?

Well I'm hoping to find something by anytime after January 1st and I have wed-fri early february and mon-fri in may booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.