Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I had a quick question. Just watching the JustPlanes episode of the 772 for AC. I'm a bit taken aback (compliment here!) at the professionalism of the pilots. The cockpit discipline is awesome - something I guess which has always made me very calm when flying AC.

Does anyone know if AC Express have that training as well? Nothing replaces experience as a pilot but i'm curious as to the level of cockpit discipline that AC express (Jazz, Georgian etc) have. (PS I'm not saying they aren't the same but I'm just wondering as a flier!) I had awesome pilots on my B1900D flight, so i'm NOT knocking anyone at all, i'm just curious about this stuff, that's all!

Kudos to AC for awesome pilots!!

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Apr 22, 2015 at 9:23 am
Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:51 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I had a quick question. Just watching the JustPlanes episode of the 772 for AC. I'm a bit taken aback (compliment here!) at the professionalism of the pilots. The cockpit discipline is awesome - something I guess which has always made me very calm when flying AC.

Does anyone know if AC Express have that training as well? Nothing replaces experience as a pilot but i'm curious as to the level of cockpit discipline that AC express (Jazz, Georgian etc) have. (PS I'm not saying they aren't the same but I'm just wondering as a flier!) I had awesome pilots on my B1900D flight, so i'm NOT knocking anyone at all, i'm just curious about this stuff, that's all!

Kudos for AC for awesome pilots!!
Is that the episode about the 77L polar ops? It was indeed fun to watch.

Last edited by tcook052; Apr 22, 2015 at 11:13 am Reason: fix quote
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I don't think so. It was the one where they flew YYZ YVR Syd

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Apr 22, 2015 at 9:24 am
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:07 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=unYKJgUYmi8
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Different episode as that one was bound for Japan...i was watching a different one...
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:18 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ4keU4xcrM
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Oops. Still not the one. I was referring to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_llyS20J0Ac

Same idea though...
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:35 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P17azgU0j1g

@5:45, female E75 pilot!

I'm always happy when I see a female pilot!
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P17azgU0j1g

@5:45, female E75 pilot!

I'm always happy when I see a female pilot!
LOL. Fly Air Georgian on the B1900D and i'm batting 50% for female pilots right now.

I guess you're the polar opposite from the guy who did this.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...book-1.2559603
Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:08 am

That sucks.

I understand that men and women have different strength/weaknesses due to the fact that they both have different physiological constraints, but to say "it's no place for you", wow.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Sucks that YVR and YYC have to battle it out though.

The best moment of the playoffs so far: YYZ not making the playoffs
and YEG
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
and YEG
ouch lol
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
in-and-out of Schengen within 30 minutes!

Weirdest thing happened today at FRA...
I forgot if Croatia was part of Schengen, so after deplaning AC872 at the typical B gate, I did my usual Schengen beeline to passport control where I was asked point blank:

Passport/Police Officer: Where are you going?
Me: Zagreb!
Passport/Police Officer: OK [then stamps my passport]

When I check-in at the Senator Lounge in A concourse, the agent tells me that I'm at the B gates for Zagreb but I am welcome to make myself comfortable there nonetheless...

So being a frickin' zoo there, I decided to head back to B and exit Schengen... and now I'm at the FRA MLL waiting for my LH metal flight....

Anything weird like this happen to you? I would've thought the passport officer would've told me - sorry you can't enter Schengen since Croatia is not part of Schengen!

I value all the space in my passport - I received a new passport late last year and now it is already over half full! (48 pager, 10-year enhanced passport)

Since my flight is in the afternoon, the flight to Zagreb was not even part of the departure screens at FRA and not on any of the customer service agents' devices. I guess next time I shouldn't trust anyone, even a passport control officer

Reminder to self: Always DIY DIY DIY
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Weirdest thing happened today at FRA...
I forgot if Croatia was part of Schengen, so after deplaning AC872 at the typical B gate, I did my usual Schengen beeline to passport control where I was asked point blank:

Passport/Police Officer: Where are you going?
Me: Zagreb!
Passport/Police Officer: OK [then stamps my passport]

When I check-in at the Senator Lounge in A concourse, the agent tells me that I'm at the B gates for Zagreb but I am welcome to make myself comfortable there nonetheless...

So being a frickin' zoo there, I decided to head back to B and exit Schengen... and now I'm at the FRA MLL waiting for my LH metal flight....

Anything weird like this happen to you? I would've thought the passport officer would've told me - sorry you can't enter Schengen since Croatia is not part of Schengen!

I value all the space in my passport - I received a new passport late last year and now it is already over half full! (48 pager, 10-year enhanced passport)

Since my flight is in the afternoon, the flight to Zagreb was not even part of the departure screens at FRA and not on any of the customer service agents' devices. I guess next time I shouldn't trust anyone, even a passport control officer

Reminder to self: Always DIY DIY DIY
When I flew YYZ-CPH-YYZ, I went through passport control so that I could have a shower. Not that he asked where I was going, but assuming you're allowed in Europe, I could imagine various reasons one might enter on a layover.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
When I flew YYZ-CPH-YYZ, I went through passport control so that I could have a shower. Not that he asked where I was going, but assuming you're allowed in Europe, I could imagine various reasons one might enter on a layover.
Right. But the officer that questioned me didn't ask me anything about why I was going into Schengen when I didn't have to... oh well. No biggie... thought it was odd that he at least didn't tell me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.