FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:22 am
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
in-and-out of Schengen within 30 minutes!

Weirdest thing happened today at FRA...
I forgot if Croatia was part of Schengen, so after deplaning AC872 at the typical B gate, I did my usual Schengen beeline to passport control where I was asked point blank:

Passport/Police Officer: Where are you going?
Me: Zagreb!
Passport/Police Officer: OK [then stamps my passport]

When I check-in at the Senator Lounge in A concourse, the agent tells me that I'm at the B gates for Zagreb but I am welcome to make myself comfortable there nonetheless...

So being a frickin' zoo there, I decided to head back to B and exit Schengen... and now I'm at the FRA MLL waiting for my LH metal flight....

Anything weird like this happen to you? I would've thought the passport officer would've told me - sorry you can't enter Schengen since Croatia is not part of Schengen!

I value all the space in my passport - I received a new passport late last year and now it is already over half full! (48 pager, 10-year enhanced passport)

Since my flight is in the afternoon, the flight to Zagreb was not even part of the departure screens at FRA and not on any of the customer service agents' devices. I guess next time I shouldn't trust anyone, even a passport control officer

Reminder to self: Always DIY DIY DIY