Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: AC SE, IHG Diamond
I just booked (for November 2018):

YYZ-IAH-NRT Stop
NRT-PVG Open Jaw
ICN-LAX-YYZ

With the IAH-NRT leg in ANA first and the ICN-LAX leg in OZ first, and all other legs in business, for 2 people.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:28 am

Booked for March 2019

YYZ-YVR AC J
YVR-SFO AC J
SFO-NRT NH J Stop
HND-KIX NH Y Stop
KIX-SIN SQ J Turn
SIN-IST TK J
IST-ZRH TK J
ZRH-JFK LX J
LGA-YYZ AC J

~ $500 in fees total for 2 people. Excited to try the SQ Regional product on the 78J, and try out the new airport in IST! Also hoping the new Jewel in Singapore will be open for a visit by then too.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
Originally Posted by anorg90
Booked for March 2019

YYZ-YVR AC J
YVR-SFO AC J
SFO-NRT NH J Stop
HND-KIX NH Y Stop
KIX-SIN SQ J Turn
SIN-IST TK J
IST-ZRH TK J
ZRH-JFK LX J
LGA-YYZ AC J

~ $500 in fees total for 2 people. Excited to try the SQ Regional product on the 78J, and try out the new airport in IST! Also hoping the new Jewel in Singapore will be open for a visit by then too.

Nice! was it 160 aeroplan ?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by aeroman380
Nice! was it 160 aeroplan ?
155k per person
aeroman380 and AhmedF like this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Helped friend book this piecing it together on the phone for a 6 week trip. Very surprised at the excellent availability for the summer this late in the game, especially since dates were fairly inflexible. Hardest part was the return from Europe at the end of August that didnt require an overnight. There were lots of AC J flights over the water, but I was instructed under no circumstances to book those. Surprisingly there was lots of LH/LX/SK and UA to choose from tho.

YYY-CAI MS 777 J (stop)
CAI-ATH A3 319 J
ATH-IST TK 777 J
IST-CMB TK 333 J (destination)
CMB-IST TK 333 J
IST-DBV TK 319 J (stopover)
DBV-ZAG OU 319 J
ZAG-ZRH OU DH4 J?
ZRH-MIA LX 333 J
MIA-YYZ ACr 321 J

Total: 150,000 miles + CAD144 tax + $34 booking fee (well worth it in this case)
Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Helped friend book this piecing it together on the phone for a 6 week trip. Very surprised at the excellent availability for the summer this late in the game, especially since dates were fairly inflexible. Hardest part was the return from Europe at the end of August that didnt require an overnight. There were lots of AC J flights over the water, but I was instructed under no circumstances to book those. Surprisingly there was lots of LH/LX/SK and UA to choose from tho.

YYY-CAI MS 777 J (stop)
Is your friend really leaving from Mont-Joli?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim

I’ve flown a lot of CA and I’ve given up on them. I won’t fly them again unless I have to (and unfortunately since their R class fares are VERY cheap and still earn a lot of miles, I might ... but whatever). Reasons:

- food is very meh. In fact, I just have a memory of very odd liquid food with no particular texture or flavour. Absolutely nothing to write home about.
- wine is very meh. Their western wines are so-so and the Chinese wines are terrible, though maybe an interesting oddity.
- cell phones used to be banned. Try being on an 11 hour flight with no mobile phone for movies etc. i think they’ve finally stopped that idiocy.
- Transit in PEK is an absolute nightmare. By far and away THIS is the reason I won’t fly CA anymore - you HAVE to go though immigration and security, and it’s a CIRCUS - no priority lanes for business, just a sea of people, and if the construction is still on, then there’s no (strong) air conditioning in the security scan area, so it’s a complete nightmare.
- lounge is crap, even if you go to the “F” lounge (that can be accessed with priority pass)
- delays can mean you miss your connection and have to spend even more time in PEK.

So yeah ... if you can help it, avoid CA and PEK.
Exactly for all the reasons listed above I will avoid CA and transiting PEK in the future.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:25 am

160,000 miles and $437.40:

EWR-ABJ, ET J, 11 hrs

ABJ-ACC, SA J, stopover 3 days

ACC-IST, TK J, 18 hrs

IST-SIN, TK J

SIN-PER, SQ J, destination 2 days

PER-SIN, SQ J

SIN-PEK, SQ J, stopover 7 days

PEK-HKG, CA J

HKG-GUM, UA Y, 14 hrs

GUM-TKK, UA Y, 14 hrs

TKK-PNI, UA Y, 23 hrs

PNI-KSA, UA Y

KSA-KWA, UA Y

KWA-MAJ, UA Y

MAJ-HNL, UA Y, 14 hrs

HNL-EWR, UA Y
cennis likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I’ve flown a lot of CA and I’ve given up on them. I won’t fly them again unless I have to (and unfortunately since their R class fares are VERY cheap and still earn a lot of miles, I might ... but whatever). Reasons:

- food is very meh. In fact, I just have a memory of very odd liquid food with no particular texture or flavour. Absolutely nothing to write home about.
- wine is very meh. Their western wines are so-so and the Chinese wines are terrible, though maybe an interesting oddity.
- cell phones used to be banned. Try being on an 11 hour flight with no mobile phone for movies etc. i think they’ve finally stopped that idiocy.
- Transit in PEK is an absolute nightmare. By far and away THIS is the reason I won’t fly CA anymore - you HAVE to go though immigration and security, and it’s a CIRCUS - no priority lanes for business, just a sea of people, and if the construction is still on, then there’s no (strong) air conditioning in the security scan area, so it’s a complete nightmare.
- lounge is crap, even if you go to the “F” lounge (that can be accessed with priority pass)
- delays can mean you miss your connection and have to spend even more time in PEK.

So yeah ... if you can help it, avoid CA and PEK.
So it hasn't improved. We had the same dreadful experience transiting from HKT to PEK in 2016. It was a red-eye flight. The aircraft was old, but the worst is people were talking loudly even though it's sleep time.

It was true that in PEK, they don't they have heating. We had to wear our winter coat.

We did go into a PP lounge. That was the worst PP lounge ever. All the outlets we tried, did not work, no electricity to charge any device. No wine, no alcohol of any kind. Even thought there is a bar, they said they don't serve anything. No hot water. For the couple of hours we were there, they kept saying they're getting someone to fill the water container, to start heating. The food was packets of nuts. Only when I asked if there is any other food, they said we can order and gave us a small menu. We each ordered something and when they came out, they were hard rice with some type of stewed beef and stewed chicken. Well, at least it had heating in there.

We heard similar experience from others,, and would definitely avoid PEK.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:03 pm

I was requesting the following but they say this is invalid but cannot provide me a reason. Any idea? Thanks.

YYZ-ORD-TPE-HKG (Destination as it is farthest point)
HKG-KIX (Stop)
KIX-TPE (Stop)
TPE-YYZ
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by kpyuen2000
I was requesting the following but they say this is invalid but cannot provide me a reason. Any idea? Thanks.

HKG-KIX (Stop)
KIX-TPE (Stop)
TPE-YYZ
Perhaps a stupid question, but I assume you're stopping in HKG? If so, I can't find a reason why this would be invalid. I would call again, and push for a reason why it's invalid.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Perhaps a stupid question, but I assume you're stopping in HKG? If so, I can't find a reason why this would be invalid. I would call again, and push for a reason why it's invalid.
Yes, we plan to stop at HKG as well. We also calculated MPM before calling them for the trip.

Actually, we already booked the following due to some instant suggestion from aeroplan booking agent:

YYZ-ORD-TPE(Stop)-FUK(Stop)-HND(Stop)-YYZ

But we actually would like to go to HKG as well but he denied. We don't feel right, so after the booking, we ask for a change (even willing to pay $200 fee per person), and they say the one including HKG is invalid from system.

Is it risky to cancel the flight and book all over again ($150+$30)?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:48 pm

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
Seems to be a case of HUACA or HUCA. Don't ever feel rushed by the agent to book. If you do then you are bound to have regrets. Maybe their shift was ending soon and they wanted to get rid of you.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by kpyuen2000

HKG-KIX (Stop)
KIX-TPE (Stop)
TPE-YYZ
I could be wrong (high chance! ) But is the stop at TPE and the Outbound ORD-TPE-HKG considered a backtrack? Would that be the reason?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:53 pm

Helped a friend research and book the following:
YVR > TPE
TPE > SGN (Stop)
SGM > BKK (Destination)
BKK > VIE
VIE > ZAG (Stop)
ZAG > ZRH
ZRH > BOS
BOS > YYZ
YYZ > YVR

241.23 fees + 31.5 booking fees

Was hoping to get him back through SFO/ORD/EWR to avoid AC, but sadly all those exceeded the YVR-BKK MPM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.