Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Booked:
YVR-SFO-IAD UA/UA Stopover
IAD-ADD-CPT ET/ET 4 Months
CPT-SIN-TPE SQ/SQ Stopover
TPE-YVR BR
$156 in Y 100K
Old Dec 26, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
Omg! Finally I get to post this after years of saving and planning! Thanks to everyone on here for the help!

A true miniRTW:

YYZ HND AC J. STOP
NRT SIN SQ Y A380 (hoping to get J later. I keep watching)
SIN SYD SQ J. STOP
SYD BKK TG J
BKK FRA TG J (a380)
FRA AMS LH Y for now. STOP
AMS YYZ AC J (for now hoping to get LH later)

300k for 2! I thought it was 320 but the email says 300. Fees 1200 per person. Totally worth it!
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Booked today Jan 13th the following, all in J except the last segment US domestic on UA. Trip duration is 35 days inclusive.

MIA-LIS-VCE TP J on their new 339 (A330-900 neo) Stopover
VCE-IST-SIN TK J arrive in late afternoon, overnight at SIN
SIN-PER SQ J Turnaround
PER-SIN-HKG SQ J overnight at SIN again, stopover at HKG
HKG-TPE-IAH BR J 10 hr day time layover at Taipei (no better choice because the later flights would not make the connection at TPE to IAH), also need an overnight at IAH
IAH-FLL UA Y

Miles should be 160K per person but I saw only 155K per person was deducted. Tax is CAD 275.20, telephone booking fee CAD 30.

Got a fraud alert on the initial charge put on the Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa, but the smallish phone booking fee went thru. Chase Fraud Alert email finally came - quite some minutes delay after the rep came back to tell me the card was declined. I cleared it and told the rep she could try again. She went back to ticketing and meanwhile I saw the transaction went thru. BUT before she returned to me, the phone disconnected... When I called back I got the "We are experiencing technical difficulty" message but was able to connect to a human rep, who told me the whole system went down. Someone was working on the tickets but right now everything just crashed.

Yet, I received Aeroplan E-ticket Receipt 15 min later when the system remained down.

Aeroplan Receipt shows full itinerary, TAP Manage Booking has the VCE-IST TK segment gone missing but the rest of the itinerary all show up. TK site does not seem to allow one to retrieve a booking not made with them directly... SQ being also use Amadeus, shows the same thing as TAP, with the VCE-IST missing... SIGH.
SQ Manage Booking gives a little bit more info - on all the Amadeus segments it showed "Confirmed". On the TK and UA segment it show "Reserved", but still missing the VCE-IST - I guess only way to make sure is to call TK on Monday.

Anyone knows how to verify TK segments short of calling them? (their 800 office only works M-F, 0900 to 1730)

Now an hour later, I saw yet another Chase transaction went thru... So there are 2 identical authorizations for the tax amount of $417.59 went thru on 3:57:51pm and again on 4:50:38 pm I sure hope only ONE transaction would be billed eventually.

On top of that the display on website is completely screwed up -

The UA IAH-FLL segment is shown between the MIA-LIS and LIS-VCE.
The BR HKG-TPE-IAH portion is NOT on the website display at all.

This is how the website display of the itinerary
MIA-LIS, IAH-FLL, LIS-VCE :facepalm: then VCE-SIN, SIN-PER, PER-SIN-HKG but the next portion is IAH-FLL again. HKG-TPE-IAH is not shown at all, versus the UA IAH-FLL shows twice - one in the wrong place one in the right place.

Status did change from Unticketed to Ticketed though.

Should I worry about it if the e-ticket receipt is correct and the TAP site shows correct sequence, though the VCE-IST is missing on TAP site?

Last edited by Happy; Jan 13, 2019 at 4:28 pm
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:33 pm

Brand new to the site but after doing a lot of research and pressed for time to plan a trip a few months out from now I took the plunge and set myself with the following:

YOW-YYC-NRT AC J (First Stop)
NRT-SIN ANA J (overnight layover)
SIN-SYD SQ J (Destination)
SYD-SIN SQ J (10 hr layover)
SIN-KUL SQ Y (only an hr and it lines me up for my next stop)
KUL-IST-FCO TK J (Second Stop)
FCO-ZRH-YUL LX J (will have some time in ZRH)
YUL-YOW AC J

Taxes were $713.70 and $33.90 for the booking fee. I know I could have tried to squeeze out more YQ but I wanted to fly SQ on a few legs and there weren't a lot of low YQ options leaving and returning to Canada especially with the dates I was limited to. Still beats flying Y out of pocket for 3 destinations.
skiereric likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by surrealillusion
Taxes were $713.70 and $33.90 for the booking fee. I know I could have tried to squeeze out more YQ but I wanted to fly SQ on a few legs and there weren't a lot of low YQ options leaving and returning to Canada especially with the dates I was limited to. Still beats flying Y out of pocket for 3 destinations.
You got charged for YOW-SYD YQ, as if all your flights were on AC. Id doesnt matter who you flew beyond Tokyo.
Your return is entirely YQ free.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
You got charged for YOW-SYD YQ, as if all your flights were on AC. Id doesnt matter who you flew beyond Tokyo.
Your return is entirely YQ free.
Ahh looks like I've still got a lot more to learn to reduce my out of pocket costs further. When I was building out the segments and looking at the fees per flight those individual totals were pretty close. Unfortunately, I tried playing with the routes to get me into TPE and ICN but there weren't flights that lined up to get me into Japan when I wanted.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by surrealillusion
Ahh looks like I've still got a lot more to learn to reduce my out of pocket costs further. When I was building out the segments and looking at the fees per flight those individual totals were pretty close. Unfortunately, I tried playing with the routes to get me into TPE and ICN but there weren't flights that lined up to get me into Japan when I wanted.
Its not your fault - its AC's. They've had this scam going on for a long time where they charge you the entire YQ up to the destination, if your overwater is AC metal.
(as you probably know YOW-NRT YQ is a lot lower than YOW-SYD)
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Its not your fault - its AC's. They've had this scam going on for a long time where they charge you the entire YQ up to the destination, if your overwater is AC metal.
(as you probably know YOW-NRT YQ is a lot lower than YOW-SYD)
Interesting, yeah the YOW-NRT was $181.90. Over all the various segments it added up to about $690 so when I was told it was $713 I didn't question it since it was already difficult to find an itinerary that lined up with my schedules. I did see some availability with Air China in J but from the reviews I read the product wasn't stellar and I wanted to try and have a relatively enjoyable flight experience this time around. I am looking forward to J in ANA and SQ as it'll be the first time flying those.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:12 am

Nearly everything involved Asia, but I am trying to explore new destinations south.

Any good examples of routings that involve South America?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:47 pm

North America - South America - South Africa - Asia/and/or Australia - North America.

I think NA - SA - Europe - Asia would put you over most MPMs. I'm willing to be wrong though.

It is possible to route through a handful of Caribbean cities if you want less than 24 hour connections.
Ie: YYZ-SXM-BOG-GRU

Lots of options through PTY as well.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
From YUL, you can fly to Perth to Africa to Europe to North America. Perth is the destination that gives you the most flexibility. I believe you could do South America instead of Europe as well without any problem.

I have a redemption that goes like this:
YUL-ORD-TPE-SIN(24h)-DPS
DPS-SIN-JNB
JNB-ADD-IST
IST-VIE(24h)-YUL

On that specific itinerary, many destinations in Southern Africa were valid (Botswana, Malawi, Zambia, etc.)

I hesitated to put Perth as the destination skipping Asia overall. It would have gave me the opportunity to go to many eastern African countries (Kenya, Tanzania, etc.) as well as some Western African countries (including São Tomé Principe via IST on the inbound and LIS on the outbound) Most of the time you’ll have to transit via JNB or ADD. All were within range but not ideal in terms of stops and airlines for my dates so I decided to choose a more “standard” itinerary with Bali and South Africa.

Key is flexibility ...and lots of reading ...and trial and error
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:08 pm

edited-wrong threaad

Last edited by aleks77; Jan 30, 2019 at 11:10 pm Reason: wrong thread
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:30 pm

I am wondering if the below route would be valid. I called Aeroplan to book the segment but the agent mentioned it would not valid. I checked the mpm between yyz jnb sin and it is 15,000 so I am not sure why the agent said it’s not valid. I did not go over mpm

Yyz-cai layover 18hrs
cai-jnb stop
jnb-sin stop
sin-kix stop
kid-pek layover 4.5hr
pek-yvr layover under 24hr. I have a wedding to attend so I must have a layover
yvr-yyj-yyz

the agent said going through hkg is valid
sin-hkg
hkg-yvr
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Iceequeen
I am wondering if the below route would be valid. I called Aeroplan to book the segment but the agent mentioned it would not valid. I checked the mpm between yyz jnb sin and it is 15,000 so I am not sure why the agent said it’s not valid. I did not go over mpm

Yyz-cai layover 18hrs
cai-jnb stop
jnb-sin stop
sin-kix stop
kid-pek layover 4.5hr
pek-yvr layover under 24hr. I have a wedding to attend so I must have a layover
yvr-yyj-yyz

the agent said going through hkg is valid
sin-hkg
hkg-yvr
You are most definitely over MPM. SIN is your point of turnaround, so you must work within the YYZ-SIN MPM which is just over 13000 miles. Your outbound via JNB is putting you over.

Not sure why you were told that transiting HKG makes it valid, that doesn’t make sense to me.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:18 pm

Going through hkg is def bookable

i plugged in
yyz-Cai-jnb-sin-jog-yvr-yyz and it works.. taxes are around $350

Originally Posted by ChrisA330

You are most definitely over MPM. SIN is your point of turnaround, so you must work within the YYZ-SIN MPM which is just over 13000 miles. Your outbound via JNB is putting you over.

Not sure why you were told that transiting HKG makes it valid, that doesn’t make sense to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.