Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: IC SpAmb, SPG/Marr Plat, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rankourabu
The LO surcharge on that segment is $98.40
I didnt see TG in your itinerary (but I assume its BKK-CDG) - thats $157.

What was the YQ on your previous ticket? If it was a lot more than $255, it may be worth fighting it, if not, best to let it go.

Your European taxes will be a lot, but I doubt it would be $400.
Sorry I made a typo! The BKK-CDG leg is indeed with TG. I was only charged $79 of YQ. If I subtract the $100 change fee that was waived from the $400 XT, I guess $300 isn't too unreasonable?

Originally Posted by expert7700
every time I have priced TP tatl, I have seen fuel surcharges of $300+. So I think you did very good!!
Thank you! I just priced a roundtrip on TAP and it looks like Aeroplan doesn't charge fuel surcharges any more. https://princeoftravel.com/blog/is-a...uel-surcharges
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:38 am

I hardly ever post on FT, but I wanted to say a huge, huge thanks to the Aeroplan community over the past few years. It is because of your expertise that I was able to learn about the ins-and-outs of AP and just booked the following:

YYZ-TPE (BR J) - 13 hour (daytime) layover
TPE-HKG (BR J) - stop
HKG-SIN (SQ J) - 18.5 hour layover
SIN-DPS (SQ J) - destination
DPS-SIN-BKK-ZRH (SQ J and LX J) - 22 hour layover
ZRH-WAW (LX Y) - stop
WAW-VIE-VCE (LO J and OS J) - 23 hour layover
VCE-LIS (TP J) - 20 hour layover
LIS-YYZ (TP J) - all done!

Charges: $328 taxes + 33.90 booking fee

Trip will take about 6 weeks. Thanks again to everyone - I couldn't have done it without you!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by hostageofont
I hardly ever post on FT, but I wanted to say a huge, huge thanks to the Aeroplan community over the past few years. It is because of your expertise that I was able to learn about the ins-and-outs of AP and just booked the following:

YYZ-TPE (BR J) - 13 hour (daytime) layover
TPE-HKG (BR J) - stop
HKG-SIN (SQ J) - 18.5 hour layover
SIN-DPS (SQ J) - destination
DPS-SIN-BKK-ZRH (SQ J and LX J) - 22 hour layover
ZRH-WAW (LX Y) - stop
WAW-VIE-VCE (LO J and OS J) - 23 hour layover
VCE-LIS (TP J) - 20 hour layover
LIS-YYZ (TP J) - all done!

Charges: $328 taxes + 33.90 booking fee

Trip will take about 6 weeks. Thanks again to everyone - I couldn't have done it without you!
I'm surprised that the taxes are relatively low for this. Is it because the TP YQ is still low. I haven't been following lately, but read a few months ago that TP is usually high with their fees, but due to a quirk it has been low lately.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:20 pm

Not super active on FT but I booked this mini-RTW about month ago and thought I should share. Had a hell of a time making it work, it's a bit pricey but I'm quite happy with how it came together in the end.

It'll be over six weeks next summer with my girlfriend & I.. it's her first time in business class as well so I made sure to get us on the dreamliner a few times with AC & SIN and EVA home.

YYC -- LHR / AC J / 787 / 20hr layover
LHR -- VIE / OS J / 321 / 1hr layover
VIE -- AMM / OS J / 319 / STOP - 6 days in Jordan
-----------------
AMM -- IST / TK J / 332 / 4hr layover
IST -- SIN / SIN J / 772 / 14hr layover
SIN -- PER / SIN J / 787 / DESTINATION - 2.5 weeks in Australia
-----------------
PER -- SIN / SIN J / 787 / 5hr layover
SIN -- MNL / SIN J / 333 / STOP - 1.5 weeks in Philippines (Palawan)
-----------------
MNL -- TPE / EVA J / 777 / 3hr layover
TPE - YVR / EVA J / 777 / 2hr layover
YVR - YYC / AC J / 319 / HOME

160k AP and $1,150 CAD in YQ fees per ticket. The only way I could make Jordan work within the MPM was by flying direct to LHR on AC metal and then Austrian to Amman, those 3 flights make up the bulk of the YQ fees.

The MPM for the itinerary was 15,374 (Perth)... and that first leg from Calgary to Jordan to Perth (via LHR/VIE/IST/SIN) is 15,249 miles haha...

I had to call four times because the first 3 AP agents said it would be an invalid itinerary and didn't want to put the 11 flights in the system to validate the itinerary. The fourth lady finally agreed to try but she was doubtful, when they system validated the ticket, she laughed and said that was the tightest booking she's ever made and couldn't believe it worked.
silverferrari likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:07 pm

What do you mean they couldnt recalculate? This is at most $300 in tax. You're ok with just giving $300+ to Air Canada for bogus fees?
The LO surcharge on that segment is $98.40
I didnt see TG in your itinerary (but I assume its BKK-CDG) - thats $157.

What was the YQ on your previous ticket? If it was a lot more than $255, it may be worth fighting it, if not, best to let it go.

Your European taxes will be a lot, but I doubt it would be $400.
UPDATE: Finally had some time today to call Aeroplan. Not sure if it’s because I called during the day, but I got a really nice and knowledgeable supervisor who recalculated the fees for my itinerary and I’m now getting a refund of close to $400 each! Final cost is 155k points+$304 taxes+booking fee each.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by DBS116
160k AP and $1,150 CAD in YQ fees per ticket. The only way I could make Jordan work within the MPM was by flying direct to LHR on AC metal and then Austrian to Amman, those 3 flights make up the bulk of the YQ fees..
Easily avoided by setting your stop in IST/ATH and paying $200 for a roundtrip to Jordan on a separate ticket
silverferrari likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by WKnight
I'm surprised that the taxes are relatively low for this. Is it because the TP YQ is still low. I haven't been following lately, but read a few months ago that TP is usually high with their fees, but due to a quirk it has been low lately.
There seems to be no more fuel surcharges booking TP with Aeroplan. The best part is there is still a lot of availability in J for peak travel periods. If there’s no direct flights to LIS, there’s often married flights available with a connection through LIS on TP to other destinations in Europe.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by silverferrari
UPDATE: Finally had some time today to call Aeroplan. Not sure if it’s because I called during the day, but I got a really nice and knowledgeable supervisor who recalculated the fees for my itinerary and I’m now getting a refund of close to $400 each! Final cost is 155k points+$304 taxes+booking fee each.
Congratulations on not giving unnecessary $800+ to Air Canada!
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DBS116
I had to call four times because the first 3 AP agents said it would be an invalid itinerary and didn't want to put the 11 flights in the system to validate the itinerary. The fourth lady finally agreed to try but she was doubtful, when they system validated the ticket, she laughed and said that was the tightest booking she's ever made and couldn't believe it worked.
I'm pretty sure I've heard that every time I've tried to book anything within a couple thousand miles of MPM. One time the agent refused to even attempt it, but transferred me to someone else to do it. They're just lazy.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Haven't posted for a while. With the help of recent postings, I was able to create and book the itinerary below:

YYZ-EWR (AC J) - 8 hour (daytime) layover
EWR-ARN (SK J) - 6 hour layover
ARN-CPH (SK J) - STOP
CPH-VIE (OS J) - 21 hour layover
VIE- TPE (BR J) - 7 hour layover
TPE - BKK (TG J) - DESTINATION
BKK - SIN (SQ J) - 6 hour layover
SIN - KIX (SQ J) - STOP
KIX - TPE (BR Y) - 9 hour layover
TPE - LAX (BR J) - 3 hour layover
LAX - YYZ (AC J)

Charges: $273.86 taxes + 33.90 booking fee

Trip will take about 5 weeks.
Plumber likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
Delete

Last edited by aeroman380; Nov 21, 2018 at 2:25 pm
Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE50K, Marriott Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Hi All, Just starting to plan a trip for my parents as a gift for their retirement for 2019 Sep/Oct.

Got them enough miles to book round trip to Australia in Bus class. As this might be a complex booking I was asking an award booking service to see if they can find me this booking:

YYZ to NRT (Stop)
NRT to MEL (Destination)
MEL to SIN (Stop)
SIN to YYZ

Is this allowed? I was told that only 1 stop is allowed and MEL is counted as 2nd stop. Is this true? Can they not stay in Japan and Singapore as a STOP when there destination in MEL?

Looking at previous posts It seems that this is doable. I have booked small trips for me and my wife but not this big and that too in bus class. Any help is appreciated.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
Was trying to book a mini RTW including a flight with the new Turkish 789 but, despite plenty of availability in October 2019, no agent were able to book it. The itinerary was valid though:

YUL-YYZ - AC a320 J
YYZ-TPE - BR b773 J
TPE-SIN - BR b773 J (19h layover)
SIN-DPS - SQ a333 J (STOP)
DPS-IST - TK b789 J (STOP) -not bookable
IST-MXP - TK a333 J (STOP)
MXP-VIE - OS e190 J (16 hours layover)
VIE-YUL OS b767 J

420 CAD in taxes and fees per pax

Ended up changing my plans and booked this for 2 pax:

YUL-YYZ - AC a320 J
YYZ-TPE - BR b773 J
TPE-DPS - BR a333 J (STOP)
DPS-SIN - SQ a333 J
SIN-JNB SQ a359 J (STOP) -I hesitate with a stop in GBE, LUN or LLW (with additional flight with SA) as they were all valid but my SO ended up choosing the stop
JNB-ADD ET a359 J
ADD-IST ET b738 J (STOP)
IST-VIE TK a333 J (16 hours layover)
VIE-YUL OS b767 J

740 CAD in taxes and fees per pax

Last edited by monsieurcumulus; Dec 3, 2018 at 3:57 pm
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:24 am

YVR-YYC-YYZ-WAW (AC/LO)
WAW-LWO (LO)
LWO-IST-ALA (TK)
ALA-ICN-SEA-YVR (OZ/AC)

J, $515 in YQ + phone booking fee. excited to be heading to central asia!
AhmedF likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:34 pm

Programs: amex, Aeroplan
My second mini-rtw:
YUL-ZHR
ZHR-DAR (Stop)
DAR-ADD
ADD-BKK (Stop)
BKK-DPS (final)
DPS-SIN
SIN-PEK
PEK-YUL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.