Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:41 pm

Your turnaround must have been deemed Jakarta otherwise it wouldn't have been a valid itinerary since you're flying to and from Singapore to Jakarta
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona
Your turnaround must have been deemed Jakarta otherwise it wouldn't have been a valid itinerary since you're flying to and from Singapore to Jakarta
I guess so but CGK and SIN are extremely close so the MPM should be around the same. Both would be able to route back from Europe.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:25 am

From YVR, it does appear that CGK is the turnaround, as GCMAP shows it has a greater distance from YVR than SIN.

YVR-SIN: 7,967 mi
YVR-CGK: 8,293 mi
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: AP
Just did this routing:

YOW-YYC-YVR (AC)
YVR-HND - KIX (ANA) - STOP
KIX-SIN-BKK (SQ)
BKK- SYD (TG) - DESTINATION
GCMAP said it was 15,766 mileage

SYD-BKK-HKG (TG)-STOP
HKG-ICN -SEA (OZ)
SEA-YYZ-YOW (ac)

This was all valid;

Taxes were under $500 per passenger

My return sucks right now but have no choice. Waiting for PEK-YUL to open up and change it then the taxes should even be lower as no YQ.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I was told this was within 80 miles of MPM max.

YLW - YVR AC Y
YVR - ICN AC J
STOP
ICN - BKK TG J
BKK - SYD TG J
TURN
SYD - BKK TG J
BKK - SGN TG J
STOP
SGN - ICN OZ J
ICN - YVR - AC J
YVR - YLW AC Y
Old Apr 22, 2018, 12:40 pm

Just booked this in Economy (They didn't have J availability for the first flight)

YVR - ICN
ICN - IST (STOP)
IST - DXB (STOP)
DXB - PEK (STOP)
PEK - YVR

$456 + $30 fee
Old Apr 22, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I was told this was within 80 miles of MPM max.

YLW - YVR AC Y
YVR - ICN AC J
STOP
ICN - BKK TG J
BKK - SYD TG J
TURN
SYD - BKK TG J
BKK - SGN TG J
STOP
SGN - ICN OZ J
ICN - YVR - AC J
YVR - YLW AC Y
I like it. Did you book?
Curious what the total miles + $$$ would be with those AC J segments...
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
Just got this one done recently:

YYZ-ORD AC Y (Will waitlist at the airport, but for a short flight, it won't really matter but for the principles)
ORD-ADD ET J 788
ADD-JNB ET J A359
------------------------------
JNB-ACC SA J A332
ACC-BRU SN J A332
BRU-LJU JP (Adria) F100!
------------------------------
LJU-IST TK J
IST-YYZ TK J

What do you all think? It hits my list of "interesting" places to visit, airports to transit, a variety of aircraft, and low YQ. Plus, I can subtract another 4 airlines I have yet to fly, or have not flown recently.

Taxes and fees were ~$295, but I had to pay more to top off my AP account. I saw this awesome routing and didn't want to wait for some upcoming miles to credit in case it's gone.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by TTC192Rocket
JNB-ACC SA J A332
ACC-BRU SN J A332.
Make sure you have your yellow fever cert. And do not expect any baggage to make this transfer.
TTC192Rocket likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
Thank you for the input. I will ensure I have those immunization shots done asap.

I'll just have carry-on luggage; not interested in safaris and such. Will probably just do some apartheid museums and hang around town using a tour bus.

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Make sure you have your yellow fever cert. And do not expect any baggage to make this transfer.
Old May 1, 2018, 1:22 am

I'm curious... What the deal with the luggage?
Old May 1, 2018, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by erik19283
I'm curious... What the deal with the luggage?
Just a hunch. I dont think I've done one connection in Africa where luggage hasnt been lost apart from ET-ET in ADD where it was fine. This is not an airport where connecting is common. And its between two different airlines. Just wouldnt count on it being there on arrival, thats all.

Last Aeroplan ticket someone I know flew IST-DAR-JNB ... Bag went missing for 4 weeks.
Old May 1, 2018, 8:49 am

Asked for help a few months ago and haven't posted back, but here we go! Trip has already been taken.

YYZ > NRT J NH
NRT > HKG J NH STOP
HKG > AKL Y NZ
AKL > SYD J NZ DEST
SYD > SIN Y SQ
SIN > KIX J SQ STOP
KIX > HND Y NH
HND > YVR J NH
YVR > YYZ J AC

Paid approx $600 + $33.60 in taxes. Didn't have much choice as I was restricted to certain dates going to Australia and flights were disappearing. 10 days before my trip, there was J space on BR to HK so I quickly called in and changed my flight. Saved approx. $350, but had to pay $100 change fee and $48 in taxes. Worth it though.

YYZ > TPE J BR
TPE > HKG J BR STOP
HKG > AKL Y NZ
AKL > SYD J NZ DEST
SYD > SIN Y SQ
SIN > KIX J SQ STOP
KIX > HND Y NH
HND > YVR J NH
YVR > YYZ J AC

Thanks for everyone's help and contributions. It was my first mini-RTW and makes me want to go on another one, but alas, no more vacation days!
Old May 1, 2018, 12:45 pm

Just a hunch. I dont think I've done one connection in Africa where luggage hasnt been lost apart from ET-ET in ADD where it was fine. This is not an airport where connecting is common. And its between two different airlines. Just wouldnt count on it being there on arrival, thats all.

Last Aeroplan ticket someone I know flew IST-DAR-JNB ... Bag went missing for 4 weeks.
That's good to know, thanks!
Old May 3, 2018, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by jayoxd
Would you mind sharing the one to Indonesia This is one of the more interesting routings I've seen (KTM / ADD)
Sorry, missed this request.
The booking I made in Dec 2015 for travel Oct/Nov 2016 was originally this:
YUL - IST - ADD (J TK Stop)
ADD - CAI - BKK (J MS (16 hr layover CAI) Stop)
BKK - SIN - DPS (J SQ Destination)
DPS -TPE - LAX (Y BR (will hopefully upgrade BR legs to J at a later date)
LAX - YUL (J AC)

There was a schedule change about 2 months before departure with LAX - YUL leg that was an issue. I was able to make a change for no charge so we went DPS - SIN - PEK - YUL. DPS to SIN on SQ and PEK to YUL on CA. I was not so impressed with CA and would not take them again if I could avoid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.