Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by trungngo13
Ouch, I would be quite upset in your case... But in that case, would I be entitled to some type of compensation from Aeroplan? I paid additional taxes so I can try TG First Class not their business.
Also, due to an equipment change, would I be entitled to choose a different routing and not pay any additional taxes and fees?
I don't think any compensation is due from Aeroplan in case of downgrade, since you'll still have an F award.

YMMV, but I've not had success changing routing for free due to a simple equipment change. If the equipment change results in downgrade, then yes.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:53 am

Booked this Tuesday night

YYZ-YUL-NRT via AC on Business
NRT-SIN via SQ on Business (Destination)
SIN-KUL via SQ on Business
KUL-BKK via TG on Business
BKK-HKT via TG on Business
HKT-HKG via TG on Business (Stop)
HKT-VIE via OS on Business
VIE-PRG via OS on Busness
PRG-IST via TK on Business (Stop)
IST-ZRH via LX on Business
ZRH-ORD via LX on Business, ORD-YYZ via AC on Economy

$673 + $30 booking fee per person. 155K points per person
I don't know how people normally value their redemption when it comes to CPM. I just had to look on google flights though to look at the amount of money this would cost out of pocket. 63K.. per person. That's 40.6 CPM valuing it that way, but that seems absurd even to a newbie like me.

Little more than I wanted to pay (damn you Austrian) but all AE had for availability on the day i needed to leave HKG was a direct flight to VIE.
Was on the phone with AE for about 2 hours while they pieced this all together but they finally did. They said they'd email my wife and I our confirmations and itineraries but never did. Looked at my redemption right away under manage my rewards, all looked well. When I look again this morning, my HKG-VIE segment is just not there. Going to lose it if they messed this up somehow

This is my first mini rtw and first redemption of any kind with hotel or airline points. An absolutely massive thank you to everyone who posts on here and on /r/churningcanada for their help and advice.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
Personally, the idea is to compare with what I would have reasonably saved. If i were booking a cash ticket, i wouldnt bounce around 4 connections between 2 of my stops so I don't usually use a leg by leg comparison for value. I also cap J value at approx 2x economy value as I believe that's a closer representation of what I'd be willing to pay. Everyone is different though.

So I take the lowest of (on similar airlines)
1. the most direct flights possible via business class between source/stops/destination
2. 2x price of economy class tickets, also via most direct flights possible

Exact prices will depend on dates, but my guess true value for me would be closer to 8K-12K for your stops (SIN, HKG, IST)
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by pentiumvi
I don't think any compensation is due from Aeroplan in case of downgrade, since you'll still have an F award.

YMMV, but I've not had success changing routing for free due to a simple equipment change. If the equipment change results in downgrade, then yes.
Great, thanks.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: Air Canada - Aeroplan Black, AC - E50K, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by pentiumvi

In my case, it did result in a downgrade (F to J), and the person at the aeroplan contact centre still wanted to charge me the difference in fees to change from one TG flight (same route, different time) to another, and also would not waive the change fee. Maybe I should have HUCA so I will try again and report back. Can't hurt to ask.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
First redemption!

Not quite as exciting as what others have done, but it's what I was looking for:

2 tickets:

YOW-YUL Class I
YUL-ZRH Class I
ZRH-BRU Class I - STOP

BRU-VCE Class I - TURN

VCE-ZRH Class I - STOP

ZRH-YUL-YOW Class x (only available)

Total 536 booking fee and taxes in.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
Just booked this, thanks for everyone's help in the various threads. Booked LA to Mauritius F redemption for 210K aeroplan.

LAX-ICN via OZ F
ICN-TPE via TG J (stop)
TPE-PEK via CA J
PEK-JNB via CA F
JNB-MRU via SA J (destination, open jaw)
JNB-HKG via SA J
HKG-BKK via TG J
BKK-NRT via TG F
NRT-LAX via NH F

Total was 210K miles, 510 CAD (~390 USD) in fees. Couldn't find availability for MRU-JNB, but I'll add that on later if it comes. Otherwise the plan is to just book MRU-JNB for ~$300 and explore CPT & JNB before heading home. The BKK hop is to get ~24 hours there and get a Thai F in

Really pumped about this because it'll be a few new airlines like South African and I almost got every Asian carrier (no BR space, SQ too much mileage). And excited to visit these places. Thanks everybody!
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ffsim
Booked my first mRTW:

YUL-ZRH on LX C
ZRH-HKG on LX C
HKG-ICN on OZ J
ICN-JFK on OZ F
LGA-YUL on AC J

Didn't need any stopovers and didn't want to "waste" F miles on the outbound segment, so I booked it as two separate 1-ways.

75k + 105k = 180k miles + $210.
Changed the outbound ticket to catch rides on LH's 747-8 and A340-600 in F:

YUL-BOS on AC Y
BOS-FRA on LH F
FRA-ICN on LH F
ICN-HKG on AI C

Routing is a couple hundred miles below the MQM of 10,890 for YUL-HKG. Paid the extra 30,000 AE miles and nearly $600 in additional YQ / taxes / fees / whatever. Oh, and the change fee
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: AC SE
Just booked (had to go to help desk for a call back) F reward for two
yyc-iah AC 8104 in J overnight in Houston
iah-nrt NH173 in F overnight in tokyo miay count as stop not sure
hnd-kix NH97 in Y overnight in osaka
KIX-BKK tg623 in F destination
BKK-MUC tg924 in F connecting to MUC-CPH SK662 in J (but technically y seats)
CPH-YYZ-YYC AC883/AC149 in J

430,000 points and $822 in fees/taxes no booking fee for calling in.

Will hope that some LH F opens up from SE Asia to Germany and from Germany to North America within 14 days. Want to do the porsche rental.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:32 am

Booked a business class award ticket. I was pleased that it was so simple to do on my own, at Aeroplan website:

YYZ-TPE (BR-J)
TPE-SIN (SQ-J)
SIN-PER (SQ-J) destination/turnaround
PER-SIN (SQ-J) stopover
SIN-TPE (SQ-J)
TPE-YYZ (BR-J)
160,000 Miles + $93.46 taxes. As this was booked online, there was no $30+tax phone-in agent assistance charge.

Last edited by WKnight; Apr 3, 2018 at 1:45 pm
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:38 am

Just booked this one, almost perfect for what I was trying to achieve, which was to try all the SA F products on one trip. Unfortunately, I couldn't land TG F since I am booking for 2 people and there was only 1 seat left during the time of booking.

YVR - LAX - AC J
LAX - HND - NH F (Stop)
NRT - PEK - CA J
PEK - SIN - SQ J (Stop)
SIN - CGK - SQ F (Stop)
CGK - SIN - SQ F
SIN - ICN - SQ J
ICN - LAX - OZ F
LAX - YVR - AC J

215,000 points + roughly $450 CAD in taxes for this booking

The last leg from CGK back home to YVR is a bit longer than I wanted but it allows me to experience SQ F again and also OZ F at the same time. Super pumped for this trip!
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by YVR_Traveller
Just booked this one, almost perfect for what I was trying to achieve, which was to try all the SA F products on one trip. Unfortunately, I couldn't land TG F since I am booking for 2 people and there was only 1 seat left during the time of booking.
!
And you dont have CA or AI F
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
And you dont have CA or AI F
Oh right, can't forget that
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by YVR_Traveller

YVR - LAX - AC J
LAX - HND - NH F (Stop)
NRT - PEK - CA J
PEK - SIN - SQ J (Stop)
SIN - CGK - SQ F (Stop)
CGK - SIN - SQ F
SIN - ICN - SQ J
ICN - LAX - OZ F
LAX - YVR - AC J

215,000 points + roughly $450 CAD in taxes for this booking

The last leg from CGK back home to YVR is a bit longer than I wanted but it allows me to experience SQ F again and also OZ F at the same time. Super pumped for this trip!
Awesome itinerary.

Out of curiosity, would MPM have been enough to route back through Europe?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Awesome itinerary.

Out of curiosity, would MPM have been enough to route back through Europe?
Yup, I believe so since YVR -> SIN (turnaround point) has quite a lot of MPM. I would've went for LH F over OZ F back home but I was kind of turned away by the high taxes (probably $300-400 more) and OZ F is definitely not a slump themselves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.