Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2023, 8:08 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Ubud
Trying to figure out if the wording means an Elite 50K or better with the card is allowed TWO free guests - anyone with direct experience?
Yes, I was able to test this at YYZ Domestic a few weeks ago. I had given a lounge pass to my second guest, and when the agent went to scan it, I asked if I could guest him in, too. Agent checked and said yes. FWIW I have the Amex Reserve card.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 3:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Hilton Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
I have the Amex Platinum but wondering if it's worth getting this card as well. Anyone on the same boat or has both cards?
Old Apr 21, 2023, 6:26 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by zaid_io
I have the Amex Platinum but wondering if it's worth getting this card as well. Anyone on the same boat or has both cards?
completely different lounges. You get centurion and unlimited Priority Pass and unlimited Plaza Premium access. With the TD card, you get MLL and limited Dragon Pass access.

So it is worth it if you frequent those other lounges
Old Apr 21, 2023, 7:28 am

Programs: AC SE100k
Originally Posted by zaid_io
The SQM and e-upgrade rollovers, as well as the SQM accrual benefits make it worthwhile to have both cards (for me, anyways). I don't know how significant the Aeroplan redemption discount is -- they don't give you any visibility when you book an Aeroplan reward how much the black card discount is (if anything). The lounge benefits are worthless for me on the AC card as I'm SE and the Amex card lounge benefit is better (when I'm not flying Star). Having both cards is $$$$ so it all depends on how much you value the benefits of each. For me the value of the Aeroplan card is clear as it makes keeping SE so much easier, and the Amex Plat probably more marginal (especially in conjunction with the AC card), but I'm in no rush to get rid of it.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 10:46 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by SuperCargo
The SQM and e-upgrade rollovers, as well as the SQM accrual benefits make it worthwhile to have both cards (for me, anyways). I don't know how significant the Aeroplan redemption discount is -- they don't give you any visibility when you book an Aeroplan reward how much the black card discount is (if anything). The lounge benefits are worthless for me on the AC card as I'm SE and the Amex card lounge benefit is better (when I'm not flying Star). Having both cards is $$$$ so it all depends on how much you value the benefits of each. For me the value of the Aeroplan card is clear as it makes keeping SE so much easier, and the Amex Plat probably more marginal (especially in conjunction with the AC card), but I'm in no rush to get rid of it.
You can also typically find some type of amex rewards/discount to drop a few hundred off the annual bill on the platinum - i can typically make at least half back annually on purchases i was going to make anyway
SuperCargo likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 4:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE, AA ExecPlat
Did anyone get a 15 percent coupon email from TD (along w a promo for flight bookings), over the last couple weeks? I got one but the code doesn't work.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by psiachp
Did anyone get a 15 percent coupon email from TD (along w a promo for flight bookings), over the last couple weeks? I got one but the code doesn't work.
no
Old Apr 21, 2023, 5:58 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by psiachp
Huh, thanks for the pointer. Yes, I did. The email was received from "TD Canada Trust" on March 31st, with a subject line:
"canopus27, do you want to earn up to 10,000 bonus Aeroplan points with your TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite Privilege* Card? Limited-time offer. Conditions apply."

There were actually two offers buried in the email - one for some bonus points based on spend by May 31, and the second offer was:
PLUS, save 15% on select base fares.
Save 15% on base fares on select flights within Canada, to the U.S. and Sun destinations when you use the promo code provided during offer registration by May 31, 2023. Travel by Oct 31, 2023.
It appears that there's a separate registration requirement for each offer (honestly, it's a pretty busy & poorly structured email) ... but I followed all of the instructions, got the promo code, tried a booking, and:
Because the Promotion Code you entered expired at midnight in the time zone of your departure city, no discount will be applied. (661005)
​​​​​​​Which is both wrong, and frustrating.
​​​​​​​
Old Apr 21, 2023, 6:28 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I got the same 10,000 pt bonus offer.

I’m just curious, do purchases of AC gift cards count as Air Canada purchases?

I had just bought tickets for personal travel about 10 days before the start of the offer period - otherwise would be well above the spend for the 10,000 points.

Unfortunately, nearly all of my business travel is OPM and directly billed to them, so my AC spend on the card is relatively limited.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 12:26 pm

Programs: E50 MM
I have a question about the 25% off Bistro menu items (AC Rouge) for those with a TD Aeroplan Visa Card. I was charged the full amount that I purchased and the flight attendant indicated the 25% off would be taken off on the value charged on my statement. This was not the case. Does anyone know how this 25% discount is supposed to be applied?
Old Apr 22, 2023, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
"Aeroplan credit card holders will receive a statement credit equal to 25% of the amount of any Bistro items when purchased using your card. Please allow up to 6-8 weeks following the date of your Air Canada Bistro Services purchase for the statement credit earned under this Offer to appear on your Account statement"
FlySkyHigh likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 7:41 pm

[post deleted]

Last edited by donduck; Apr 24, 2023 at 11:43 am
Old Apr 23, 2023, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
"Aeroplan credit card holders will receive a statement credit equal to 25% of the amount of any Bistro items when purchased using your card. Please allow up to 6-8 weeks following the date of your Air Canada Bistro Services purchase for the statement credit earned under this Offer to appear on your Account statement"
Saw this on our flight back last week! But it specifically stated that it applies to only TD Aeroplan credit card (not CIBC or AMEX).
Old Apr 23, 2023, 10:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Yes, and this is the TD thread 😜
Noob1ee likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by donduck
I got one but it didn't work. I think it has to be booked through Air Canada Vacations
Ive received 2 in the past 8 months. Both worked for me for regular AC flights with no issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.