Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2023, 8:42 am

Can someone please help me confirm my understanding of the T&C of the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite CC, specially regarding the welcome bonus "If you have opened an Account in the last 12 months, you will not be eligible for this offer"

My situation, i had the card in the past but closed it back in March 2023, if I apply now (August) will I be eligible for the bonus? per T&C it does say "Opened" an account not "held" an account so i'm thinking i would be good to qualify but wanted to make sure. thanks.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by sxc234
Can someone please help me confirm my understanding of the T&C of the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite CC, specially regarding the welcome bonus "If you have opened an Account in the last 12 months, you will not be eligible for this offer"

My situation, i had the card in the past but closed it back in March 2023, if I apply now (August) will I be eligible for the bonus? per T&C it does say "Opened" an account not "held" an account so i'm thinking i would be good to qualify but wanted to make sure. thanks.
I think you would be OK too as long as you opened that CC account more than 12 months ago.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by sharkbasket
Does anyone see any potential problems with my plan of having both the VI and VIP card accounts open at the same time? Does it significantly reduce my chances of my application for the VIP being approved?
I got an email two weeks ago with an offer to upgrade my VI to VIP, which included the bonus points offer and I got to keep my card number. I wouldn't have wanted to keep both cards. Changing numbers and not getting bonus points is why I hadn't considered applying in the past.
Received the new card less than a week later.
sharkbasket likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Johnson_Palmtreeig
I think you would be OK too as long as you opened that CC account more than 12 months ago.
it was opened years ago, sat dormant in my drawer so ended up closing but now finding more use for AC so want to re-open. thanks.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 1:10 pm

HI all,

My wife has a TD Aeroplan Privilege card, and i'm a secondary cardholder.

Could I still get my own card for a year to get the bonus miles and still keep the secondary card?
Old Aug 19, 2023, 11:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan, TD4E, Avion
Originally Posted by Frankh83
HI all,

My wife has a TD Aeroplan Privilege card, and i'm a secondary cardholder.

Could I still get my own card for a year to get the bonus miles and still keep the secondary card?
Yes this is definitely possible. Being a secondary on a card does not disqualify you from getting the bonus as a primary.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Johnson_Palmtreeig
will try again later. They banned me from applying for another credit card
Old Aug 20, 2023, 1:56 am

For the AF.. are you able to open an unlimited account and when the year is up, get the rebate, then cancel?
Old Aug 20, 2023, 4:15 am

Programs: AC 50K
Originally Posted by deorio
Yes this is definitely possible. Being a secondary on a card does not disqualify you from getting the bonus as a primary.
From experience, can confirm this works. Did the same with my partner, who got the bonus after becoming primary, after being secondary. Canceled secondary a few weeks after.
Frankh83 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 7:24 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by petrified1
For the AF.. are you able to open an unlimited account and when the year is up, get the rebate, then cancel?
Yes. To be cool about things I’d wait a month or two after the AF rebate, if not longer. Note also that if you already have a TD All-Inclusive Cheque account and it’s already linked to another TD Visa Infinite card, you’ll need to call TD and ask them to link it to your preferred VI card to ensure it applies the rebate. If the AF has already (just) posted you should be able to call and get it adjusted too (been, done).
Old Aug 22, 2023, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by sxc234

Traditionally, TD will always give you the new card bonus, even if you exceed their policiesz The “hard” part is to get approved for more than one exact-same card product within 3-6 months. Plus, traditions aside, their newly re-released terms form 9-10 months ago are producing a mixed bag of positive and negative datapoints to get the repeat sign up bonuses, so you’re taking a bit of a chance if you apply too aggressively nowadays. YMMV.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by global happy traveller
will try again later. They banned me from applying for another credit card
TD banned you? Because you already opened another (same) card within a year? Or did you not get an instant approval for some other reason (eg. too much credit allocated already on other opened TD credit products)?
Old Aug 22, 2023, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Yes. To be cool about things I’d wait a month or two after the AF rebate, if not longer. Note also that if you already have a TD All-Inclusive Cheque account and it’s already linked to another TD Visa Infinite card, you’ll need to call TD and ask them to link it to your preferred VI card to ensure it applies the rebate. If the AF has already (just) posted you should be able to call and get it adjusted too (been, done).
Thanks for sharing. Good to know.. This will be my first + last anniversary bonus card. Too much to keep track of lol
Old Aug 24, 2023, 6:55 pm

Aeroplan visa card welcome bonus

Hi all!

Can you apply for both personal and business Areoplan credit card from same institution (ie. TD) and get welcome bonus for both? Or is it true that you have to wait 6 months in between in order to get it? I heard that Aeroplan is cracking down on points so I'm not sure.
Asking because I want to get both cards right away when I sign up with a bank but I also want both welcome bonuses.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 28, 2023, 7:55 pm

So I already signed up for and received the bonuses from the this card and the CIBC aeroplan visa this year. I just noticed the Amex Aeroplan card as well.

I've heard that they can clawback your rewards for churning like this. Anyone know whether going for the Amex too would be risky?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.