Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2023, 2:11 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by reggiekush

I think that the user was mistaken. I haven't seen any new offers on AP cards for Uber. The last promotion ended Sept 2022 so people could surely still have it active but you cant sign up for it currently.
Thanks for replying. In our household we have multiple TD Aeroplan VI cards but none of them received the Uber offer. But everyone with a TD FCT VI did get an email with the Uber offer.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 5:22 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Just looked that up and the link I found seems to indicate its their non-Aeroplan Travel Cards. Do you have a link for the TD Aeroplan Card?
Old Jun 14, 2023, 10:56 am

Programs: AC, HH
Hello, I read the T&C's but it doesn't say. If one person used their VI/VIP to make Nexus application for someone else, will there be re-imbursement? I can't imagine how TD would be able to distinguish. TIA.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by chunerrr
Hello, I read the T&C's but it doesn't say. If one person used their VI/VIP to make Nexus application for someone else, will there be re-imbursement? I can't imagine how TD would be able to distinguish. TIA.
TD will only see that you paid a Nexus fee (for which you'll get reimbursed). They're not going ask or know who the application was made for.
lsquare, chunerrr and lazy_star like this.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 11:37 pm

Programs: AC, HH
Originally Posted by K3brick
TD will only see that you paid a Nexus fee (for which you'll get reimbursed). They're not going ask or know who the application was made for.
Thought as much. Thank you.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by K3brick
Is it an automatic reimbursement or do I need to submit/apply to receive it?
Old Jul 2, 2023, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
It's automatic.
lsquare and kalderlake like this.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 5:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Hey all, newbie here.

I just got my 1-year anniversary points bonus from my VI card, and I'm considering applying for the VIP to get another big dump of welcome bonus points. My partner and I have combined income over 200k, so I think we should be eligible for the VIP.

I'm considering keeping my current VI card account open to maintain the credit history for my credit rating. My TD chequing account gives a rebate on the annual fee, so it seems like there's no downside to leaving that account open.

Does anyone see any potential problems with my plan of having both the VI and VIP card accounts open at the same time? Does it significantly reduce my chances of my application for the VIP being approved?

Hoping to hear others' experiences. I'm gonna keep reading back in this thread for more info, but thanks in advance for any new replies!
Old Jul 9, 2023, 7:15 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by sharkbasket
Does anyone see any potential problems with my plan of having both the VI and VIP card accounts open at the same time? Does it significantly reduce my chances of my application for the VIP being approved?
I had the VI for years, applied for the VIP last year, approved with no issues, and I still have the VI as a backup card.
sharkbasket likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 8:56 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by yulscs
I had the VI for years, applied for the VIP last year, approved with no issues, and I still have the VI as a backup card.
If you have too much credit available overall they might be reluctant to give you a new card. I met the income requirement and my VIP request was initially declined. I called in and they did not specifically say why it had been rejected, but the person on the phone suggested that by reducing the limit on my VI card so that I could get the VIP card.

That's a bit silly that they wouldn't give me an extra $10k of credit considering the income requirement of $150k+ for the VIP card, that I have no debt other than mortgage, and that I have a great credit score. I reluctantly went though the process to get the welcome offer.
sharkbasket likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by sharkbasket
Hey all, newbie here.

I just got my 1-year anniversary points bonus from my VI card, and I'm considering applying for the VIP to get another big dump of welcome bonus points. My partner and I have combined income over 200k, so I think we should be eligible for the VIP.

I'm considering keeping my current VI card account open to maintain the credit history for my credit rating. My TD chequing account gives a rebate on the annual fee, so it seems like there's no downside to leaving that account open.

Hoping to hear others' experiences. I'm gonna keep reading back in this thread for more info, but thanks in advance for any new replies!
I have four cards with TD.
1) AP Platinum (switch to no fee rewards card after annual fee posts for second year)
2) AP VI (switch to first first class and back to AP annually)
3) AP VIP (will cancel after one year)
4) AP Business (switch to rewards version and back to AP annually)

I have been declined in the past for having “too much credit” with TD. A quick branch appointment or phone call with the branch usually gets things moving along, as they seem to have more leeway with approvals based on individual circumstances.
sharkbasket likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 1:04 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Just got an email about TD AP card holders getting upto 10x points for Prime Day
Old Jul 10, 2023, 1:44 pm

Angry

Originally Posted by PLeblond
Just got an email about TD AP card holders getting upto 10x points for Prime Day
That's not bad. Looks like 12 points per dollar spent if you have status, 10 if you don't.
  • 5 points for all purchases
  • 2 points if you have status
  • 5 additional points if you pay with a TD AP card
But making sure the item qualifies is a bit of a challenge. The categories included in the promotion don't even match the categories on the amazon website. For example, I am looking at an item classified as "Tools and Home Improvements" on the Amazon site, but the category listed in the terms below is "Home Improvement"???

Is there a way to know for sure which item will qualify without guessing based on how similar category names are?

Amazon.ca eligible categories to earn Aeroplan points in July Prime Days Event are:
Amazon Cloud Cam, Amazon Fashion Private Brands, Automotive, Beauty & Grooming, Camera, Photo & Video, Clothing & Accessories, Echo Devices, Eero Devices, Fire Tablets, Fire TV Devices, Furniture, Handmade Products, Home Improvement, Industrial & Scientific, Jewelry, Kindle E-readers, Luggage & Bags, Luxury Beauty, Major Appliances, Musical Instruments, Stage & Studio, Office & School Supplies, Pet Supplies, Power & Hand Tools, Ring Video Doorbells and Cameras, Shoes & Handbags, Sports & Outdoors, Tires & Wheels, Watches.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 9:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Hotel 83 Tango
That's not bad. Looks like 12 points per dollar spent if you have status, 10 if you don't.
  • 5 points for all purchases
  • 2 points if you have status
  • 5 additional points if you pay with a TD AP card
But making sure the item qualifies is a bit of a challenge. The categories included in the promotion don't even match the categories on the amazon website. For example, I am looking at an item classified as "Tools and Home Improvements" on the Amazon site, but the category listed in the terms below is "Home Improvement"???

Is there a way to know for sure which item will qualify without guessing based on how similar category names are?
I wish this was more obvious as well. How can one determine how many Aeroplan points will be on a purchase?

Also, does anyone know if there are items with additional bonus points? Does Amazon do that?
Old Jul 11, 2023, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Clingy Apricot
I wish this was more obvious as well. How can one determine how many Aeroplan points will be on a purchase?
Figuring out the categories is the hard part ... but the calculation is simple. Add the 10x or 12x to the purchase price before taxes. If you buy a $100 item (before taxes) then you would get 1,000 or 1,200 points depending on status. I'd suggest to keep track of everything in a spreadsheet, the categories of the items, the T&Cs for the offer, and screenshots. If you don't get the points you expect then file a missing points report and escalate as needed.

Originally Posted by Clingy Apricot
Also, does anyone know if there are items with additional bonus points? Does Amazon do that?
No ... just based on categories.
Clingy Apricot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.