Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Old Feb 21, 2023, 9:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by cyog
I'm still waiting for the bonus points for using the TD VI card on estore purchases during their black friday promo event. Has anyone gotten their bonus points yet? Who should I reach out to inquire about it, TD credit card or Aeroplan?
I received mine near the end of January, and the points were back-dated to the original purchase date.

Did you sign up and register for the promo before using the card to place purchases? If so, then try contacting Aeroplan as I doubt TD will be helpful.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 4:43 pm

Programs: no status
Originally Posted by babo
Hey Merlin,

Not sure if you've considered a product switch instead of cancelling the card. First class travel infinite is my recommendation. You'll be eligible for Aeroplan rewards after 12 months of not holding the card but I'd be cautious with churning it too aggressively as many people have gotten their accounts flagged.
Thanks, I churned for the CIBC that hopefully will arrive soon as I have some upcoming charges to use it. As a bonus I was able to use the TD buddy pass for an unplanned trip in March.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 7:02 pm

I was approved for the TD Visa Infinite Privilege card more than 2 weeks ago but the card still hasn't shown up in branch? Is this unusual? TD are sort of shrugging their shoulders.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 1:24 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by kalpol
I was approved for the TD Visa Infinite Privilege card more than 2 weeks ago but the card still hasn't shown up in branch? Is this unusual? TD are sort of shrugging their shoulders.
It took at least 3 weeks for mine to arrive and the branch had no idea when it would come.
You need to wait for them to call you.
Bring ID and make sure they activate it for you before you leave.
They didn't tell me and I had to go back to the branch again to activate.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by mendy7511
It took at least 3 weeks for mine to arrive and the branch had no idea when it would come.
You need to wait for them to call you.
Bring ID and make sure they activate it for you before you leave.
They didn't tell me and I had to go back to the branch again to activate.
Oh wow 3 weeks. Got some purchases I'm holding off making until the card arrives.

Do you know if the anniversary for spending to get the buddy pass + bonus points is set at the issue date or the activation date?

Thanks for the pointer about activation.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 3:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
They made an inflight announcement today that all TD credit cards would give you a 25% statement credit for any Bistro purchases, for a limited time.

All the UA cards have that same feature, so it's interesting that AC is trying it out.
TechnoTourist likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
They made an inflight announcement today that all TD credit cards would give you a 25% statement credit for any Bistro purchases, for a limited time.

All the UA cards have that same feature, so it's interesting that AC is trying it out.
Had same TD announce on flight on Saturday,(FLL-YYZ-YEG, 23 hours of hell due to snow and cancelations and delays ) was going to purchase anyway so be interesting how this works
Old Mar 6, 2023, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Would be a nice permanent discount to return prices to before the recent hikes 😀 I did note that the machine charged a bar duo at a higher price than the menu in the seat pocket. Bar duo with a Prosecco and salad is $18.90 if separately and 11.50 if together less 25% is $8.63 with the statement credit factored in. Thats what I call a deal!

Last edited by Altaflyer; Mar 6, 2023 at 12:55 pm
Old Mar 6, 2023, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Would be a nice permanent discount to return prices to before the recent hikes 😀 I did note that the machine charged a bar duo at a higher price than the menu in the seat pocket. Bar duo with a Prosecco and salad is $18.90 if separately and 11.50 if together less 25% is $8.63 with the statement credit factored in. Thats what I call a deal!
I do kind of worry about these kinds of perks that are directly monetized in quantifiable cash amounts. Like, if that's a business expense I would legit feel it's in the grey area and perhaps well over the grey area to expense the full $11.50 and then pocket the 25%... And the tax man has always been hands off with points but if you're walking off with actual cash...
Old Mar 7, 2023, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by kalpol
Oh wow 3 weeks. Got some purchases I'm holding off making until the card arrives.

Do you know if the anniversary for spending to get the buddy pass + bonus points is set at the issue date or the activation date?

Thanks for the pointer about activation.
Did you get your card? The same thing happened to me!

After the 10 business days I called TD credit card number and the first agent said it could be another couple of weeks. I then called back and spoke to a second agent - who informed me that there are material shortages for the Infinite Privilege cards (not sure if shortage for the actual metal cards or packing materials).
The agent essentially cancelled my undelivered card and then "same day" (which turned out to be 3 days) delivered a replacement card to a local branch and I went and picked it up there. If you still haven't got the card, give them a call and see if that helps get the card sooner.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 1:30 am

I applied for the TD Visa Infinite Privilege card and also called in after 10+ business days and was notified that there was a "shortage" of material used to make the card. They were able to replace the card and expedite the delivery. I received the card 2 business days after calling
Old Mar 8, 2023, 9:37 am

Applied yesterday and approved for Visa infinite. Hopefully no delay in getting the physical card.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 1:51 pm

Just a point of information, ON TD Visa Infinite Privilege card ( month 4 of having )

Really surprised how fast Aeroplan is being updated after statement date, My TD Statement date is 10th of month , my statement amounts were on TD bank web site around 8-9PM yesterday the 10th, the PDF version this morning the 11th.

My Aeroplan account updated with 2000 SQM right after bank updated with statement last night on 10th , all other miles and bonus miles updated this morning the 11th around same time PDF copy of statement posted on TD.

Now that is how things should happen in 21st century immediately.

only delay was SQD/SQM/SQS/EDQ earned from last flight on March 4th ( canceled rebooked from Mar 3rd, posted March 9th, dated March 4th. Which is faster than in past by 2-3 days so improvement but not sure why delay.

Makes me have hope AC has a grip on their Tech
Old Apr 6, 2023, 2:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Not to make the same complaint I always make, but I just got my first replacement card for my TD VIP (I applied the day it was available in 2020).

Of course, I can't just cut up the old one. I have to put it in the postage-paid envelope they included with it.

Because it's metal. And thick.

Sigh.
FlySkyHigh likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Not to make the same complaint I always make, but I just got my first replacement card for my TD VIP (I applied the day it was available in 2020).

Of course, I can't just cut up the old one. I have to put it in the postage-paid envelope they included with it.

Because it's metal. And thick.

Sigh.
Amex told me to just cut up my metal cards with shears, or they could send out the prepared envelope. I'd rather they mail me some metal shears.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.