Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2023, 12:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I have the TD Visa Infinite Privilege card and have an international economy booking coming up next month from YYZ-HND. My booking entitles me to one free checked bag. Can I use my credit card benefit of a free checked bag to bring two free checked bags? Or does the Privilege card benefit not stack on top of the one checked bag entitlement included for international bookings like this?
Old Nov 21, 2023, 1:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by parms747
I have the TD Visa Infinite Privilege card and have an international economy booking coming up next month from YYZ-HND. My booking entitles me to one free checked bag. Can I use my credit card benefit of a free checked bag to bring two free checked bags? Or does the Privilege card benefit not stack on top of the one checked bag entitlement included for international bookings like this?
Does not stack.

I'm glad for international travel, Eva still allows two checked bags.
jerry305 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 11:23 pm

To apply new TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card
-Earn 25,000 Aeroplan points when you spend $5,000 within 180 days of Account opening
-Plus, earn an anniversary bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan points when you spend $7,500 within 12 months of Account opening

In order to earn the above 40,000 points (25,000 + 15,000), do I require to spend $7,500? Or do I require to spend $12,500 ($5,000 + $7,500)?
Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2023, 11:52 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by HSBC
To apply new TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card
-Earn 25,000 Aeroplan points when you spend $5,000 within 180 days of Account opening
-Plus, earn an anniversary bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan points when you spend $7,500 within 12 months of Account opening

In order to earn the above 40,000 points (25,000 + 15,000), do I require to spend $7,500? Or do I require to spend $12,500 ($5,000 + $7,500)?
Thanks!
I took a look at the Terms and Conditions and it seems to be a spend of $7,500 that is required for that 40,000 points. It could be clearer, but it references the $7,500 spend as including your first purchase which would imply that only a total of $7,500 is required. You don't mention it, but there is also a Welcome Bonus of 10,000 points for that first purchase with the card. Here is an extract of the relevant Terms and Conditions:

"Account must be approved by January 3, 2024. Welcome Bonus of 10,000 Aeroplan points ("Welcome Bonus") will be awarded to the Aeroplan Member account associated with the TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card Account (“Account”) only after the first Purchase is made on the Account. To receive the additional bonus 25,000 Aeroplan points ("Additional Bonus"), you must make $5,000 in net Purchases (less any returns and credits) on your Account, including your first Purchase, within 180 days of Account opening. To receive the 15,000 Aeroplan points Anniversary bonus ("Anniversary Bonus") your Account must have been opened and active for 12 months and you must make $7,500 in net Purchases (less any returns and credits) on your Account, including your first Purchase within 365 days of Account opening."
HSBC likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 1:35 pm

Welcome Bonus of 10,000 Aeroplan Points after first purchase
How long would it take TD to deposit the 10,000 points to Aeroplan accounts after First Purchase?
Any experience?

Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2023, 2:16 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by HSBC
Welcome Bonus of 10,000 Aeroplan Points after first purchase
How long would it take TD to deposit the 10,000 points to Aeroplan accounts after First Purchase?
Any experience?

Thanks!
TD only posts Aeroplan points to your account after statement dates. So, if you need them pronto, cross your fingers that you’ll get an early closing date after approval (and can spend with the new card right away).
HSBC likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 3:37 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Secondary TD VIP Credit Card Benefits

Hi

Wife and junior geordie taking a trip in January. I will not be travelling. She is the Secondary Cardholder on my TD Visa Infinite Privelige Account. Can she access the MLL and bring in junior geordie as a guest? Perhaps to rephrase this, what Aeroplan Travel Benefits does the Secondary Cardholder get when travelling?

Thanks in advance. I have looked at the T&C's but they lots of asterisks and I want to be sure.

YXEG
Old Dec 4, 2023, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by YXEGeordie
Hi

Wife and junior geordie taking a trip in January. I will not be travelling. She is the Secondary Cardholder on my TD Visa Infinite Privelige Account. Can she access the MLL and bring in junior geordie as a guest? Perhaps to rephrase this, what Aeroplan Travel Benefits does the Secondary Cardholder get when travelling?

Thanks in advance. I have looked at the T&C's but they lots of asterisks and I want to be sure.

YXEG
Yes, if her card is linked to her aeroplan account she has access (see the MLL section on the AC website - qualifying customers). Note that it states a guest is allowed "...for a limited time..". I assume that will not change before her trip.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 9:20 am

Welcome bonus

We got our welcome bonus about a month after activation, in the first cc statement.
HSBC likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 10:28 am

Downgrading from TD aeroplan visa infinite and churning

Currently have a TD aeroplan visa infinite, and coming up on the 1 year mark. I've already received the welcome bonus. Ideally I want to avoid paying the next years fee, and also want to open myself up to receive the welcome bonus again down the road. I'm considering doing the following:
  • Call to product switch to a no annual fee card
  • Wait 12 or so months, then product switch to the TD aeroplan card again for the welcome bonus

Wondering if anyone has experience doing something like this? My questions are mainly:
  1. Can I product switch before the 12 month mark, and save on the annual fee?
  2. Will I be able to product switch back to the aeroplan card for the welcome bonus after 12 months without the card?
  3. Will doing either of the above risk getting my account flagged?

Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2024, 10:24 am

Programs: ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by oaustin
Currently have a TD aeroplan visa infinite, and coming up on the 1 year mark. I've already received the welcome bonus. Ideally I want to avoid paying the next years fee, and also want to open myself up to receive the welcome bonus again down the road. I'm considering doing the following:
  • Call to product switch to a no annual fee card
  • Wait 12 or so months, then product switch to the TD aeroplan card again for the welcome bonus

Wondering if anyone has experience doing something like this? My questions are mainly:
  1. Can I product switch before the 12 month mark, and save on the annual fee?
  2. Will I be able to product switch back to the aeroplan card for the welcome bonus after 12 months without the card?
  3. Will doing either of the above risk getting my account flagged?

Thanks!

You can't do any of these things anymore. As of Feb 5th we don't really know if they will close your account, but you're welcome to try.
msat, jerry305 and Flynn58 like this.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 11:49 pm

Question, I have the TD Aeroplan Infinite (linked to my Aeroplan/Air Canada account). Going on a round trip YYZ-TYO using Aeroplan Standard Reward.

Per the TD Aeroplan Webtiste:
A Primary Cardholder or Additional Cardholder, and up to eight (8) other passengers travelling on the same reservation (up to a maximum of nine (9) travellers), are each entitled to a free first checked bag up to 23kg/50lbs. Benefit only applies when checking in with Air Canada, for a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or under the Air Canada Express brand. Benefit is not available if check-in is with another airline. If the first checked bag is already complimentary (for example, as a result of Aeroplan Elite Status or fare purchased), there is no additional checked bag benefit that will be provided. Free first checked bag benefit may not be applied retroactively, and no refunds will be issued. Service charges for additional/oversized/overweight baggage may apply.
Does the free baggage have a maximum linear dimension (ie 62 inches) or am I able to check-in a larger bag free. Only weight was quoted, and I could not find more information. Ty

Last edited by Adam Smith; Feb 12, 2024 at 3:28 pm Reason: Fixed quote
Old Feb 4, 2024, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Scratchii
Question, I have the TD Aeroplan Infinite (linked to my Aeroplan/Air Canada account). Going on a round trip YYZ-TYO using Aeroplan Standard Reward.
You should be prepared to pay for oversized if you check a non-conventional piece of luggage as the 62 inch rule does apply per the last sentence above. Here is the link to the luggage allowance just in case you did not use it.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...checked.html#/

Last edited by Adam Smith; Feb 12, 2024 at 3:28 pm Reason: Fixed quote
Old Feb 16, 2024, 9:09 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
I have a basic US$ TD Visa card which earns four fifths of nothing. I expect to be using it more, so I’m looking for a US$ card that earns points that are either Aeroplan or Avion, since I also have a C$ RBC Avion card. It looks like I can get a US$ Avion card and move those points to my current Avion account at 1 for 2, so not a great deal. From what I can see there is no US$ TD Visa Aeroplan card.

Can anyone suggest something else in the way of a US$ card that earns either Aeroplan or Avion?

Thanks
Old Feb 17, 2024, 12:26 am

Programs: AC, HH
Avis 5,000-10,000 Points Promotion

Anyone else receive this? Feb 8 in the email. Any CIBC card holders receiving the same?

jerry305 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.