Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2023, 9:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
That's absolutely crazy. I wonder if Amex's insurance provider is any faster to get those claims processed
nope

6-9mos seems to be pretty consistent whether the claim is directly with airline, any of the three credit card brands, or a third party policy.

funny/sad thing is that most of them in my experience end up with a variant of the same claim processing company (Orion?) acting as middle man. thats where the delay is...
Old Jan 18, 2023, 10:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YYJMSP
nope

6-9mos seems to be pretty consistent whether the claim is directly with airline, any of the three credit card brands, or a third party policy.

funny/sad thing is that most of them in my experience end up with a variant of the same claim processing company (Orion?) acting as middle man. thats where the delay is...
My US Chase and Amex insurance has typically been paid out within a couple weeks of submitting a claim, so I guess it is the middle-man they use in Canada. Sigh.

At least the TD card covers $1000. Though I guess $500 USD might be worth it given the processing delays. I've basically given up on using my TD card for even reward bookings because of how long this has taken.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
That's absolutely crazy. I wonder if Amex's insurance provider is any faster to get those claims processed
In the US, my last Amex claim in Feb was paid out by AIG within a week. They moved really quickly, agent opened the claim and sent me the paperwork electronically. I replied with my proof and then a cheque (or I guess check since we're in the US) was sent out and I had it within a week of sending them the docs.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I received the Interac transfer for my claim today.

I made the claim July 18. So that was six months and a day. Yeah, I'm done with this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 1:16 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I received the Interac transfer for my claim today.

I made the claim July 18. So that was six months and a day. Yeah, I'm done with this.
I was hoping for 6-8 weeks, not 6-8 months.

I submitted a claim for the YYZ Christmas season delays. I guess with the large number of claims that will arise from that incident, that I should expect to wait even longer.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Oldestnerd
On Jan 11 , my missing 16,490 miles fromTD when I upgraded to infinite privilege posted as ‘goodwill promotion, dated Jan 10 ( statement date )
my 2nd 10k points for new card posted as well , expected 3rd 10k will post on next one as I was slight short of 2nd spend target ( purchases needed posted after statement date

On Aeroplan status side , my e upgrades from 2022 rolled over and awarded ones for 35k were in account before 10th, roll over SQM from 2022 have not posted ( I switch cards on Dec 5th and Dec 10th statement and Aeroplan showed new status , so before Dec 15 cutoff) but warning that update not done yet still at top of page

will be phoning Aeroplan Feb 1 if SQM roll over not there
My rollover SQM posted today , completely up to date and correct , go figure
Old Jan 20, 2023, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I was hoping for 6-8 weeks, not 6-8 months.

I submitted a claim for the YYZ Christmas season delays. I guess with the large number of claims that will arise from that incident, that I should expect to wait even longer.
I guess the $70 Uber ride I submitted as a claim due to mechanical delay will take a year to be paid! Thankfully it’s not a large claim for me and would not have even been a claim had AC YYZ been able to figure out how to print the taxi voucher YYC had authorized….oh well.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 7:41 am

TD 10X point promotion for aeroplan estore shopping has posted.
Hard to track if all transactions recognized
Old Jan 28, 2023, 9:29 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by annehamnitz
TD 10X point promotion for aeroplan estore shopping has posted.
Hard to track if all transactions recognized
Same here. All backdated to the transaction date.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 3:12 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Finally got my points for Dec 22 statement credited. I had phoned in couple times including this Monday and was told still an issue and they were working on it and not to worry, etc.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 3:17 pm

Only finally got my TD Aeroplan cc last week when I applied before the new year. Hopefully no issues with points taking awhile to post....
Old Feb 4, 2023, 7:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by mapleg
I phoned AE re missing TD points for Dec. Was told that some, not all, TD clients did not have their points post in Dec and that I had to phone TD to initiate the process of getting them.
My Dec.22 statement points finally showed up yesterday so Feb.3. Shows as posting on Dec.22 in my AE account. But at least they finally showed up. Had stopped using the card until they did
Old Feb 6, 2023, 9:49 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
New to the AC forum, wanting to sign up for the Infinite Privilege card. Can the companion base fare be used for business travel?

Sorry if answered before, thanks in advance!
Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:00 am

Programs: AP AS BA
Originally Posted by 47Chits
New to the AC forum, wanting to sign up for the Infinite Privilege card. Can the companion base fare be used for business travel?

Sorry if answered before, thanks in advance!
It can only be for fares in Y class.
Whether or not you can use it "for business travel" (to earn income or part of employment) is upto you or your boss.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 9:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has experience with VIP AC MLL bringing cardholder (me) + 1 guest (spouse) + toddler (3 years old) + infant (> 1 yr)?

I was reading the T&C on the TD website which allows allows you to bring 1 guest, and AC MLL website states that 12 years and under are free). But I did a bit of reading and they say that as long as they have a seat they need a pass (in this case my toddler). I'm not sure which scenerio will apply.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.